12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gong to be a great year for me SS wise...ANH Han and Raiders Indy...the two figures I have been wanting from SS since I started collecting. Just like Chuck, this is probably the most excited I've been about a single toy too! Above all other figures, Indy is the one I have been waiting for...and SS didn't dissapoint. I have no problem with the extra $$ for this one, it looks amazing!

I don't think the numbers for the regular will be that high... if the exclusive is only 1,500 seems nowadays (at least with SW) that translates to around 3,000 regular releases.

I usually stay away from Sideshow 12 inch figures and just collect the Hot Toys gear like Predator and Aliens.
This one I'll make an exception to,an absolute must have.

Yeah, 3000 seems to be the standard with the SW figures. I would figure that's what the Indy would be.

wow, I am surprised it would be that low. I thought if anyone deserved a high run it would be Indy for sure. But then again we have 3 other films to get versions of him as well, in case anyone misses out on this one.

wow, I am surprised it would be that low. I thought if anyone deserved a high run it would be Indy for sure. But then again we have 3 other films to get versions of him as well, in case anyone misses out on this one.

Yep. I really think that might be part of Sideshow's thought process as well.

Alright, after a close examination of Raiders of the Lost Ark this morning ( i coulda said Indiana Jones and the ROTLA to mke Irishjedi mad but i decieded against it ;) ) I have come to the conclusion that besides the belt color ( it should be a dark brown) this figure is ridiculously accurate, especially to the first scene in the jungle. In that scene, the jacket is much less worn than you might expect with only some minor wear and tear, like the sideshow version.With the gloves, its also pretty damed close to the well of souls Indy, with the jacket still having only relatively minor wear. The jacket as it appears later is more worn due to the fact that it was dragged under a truck, not to mention when Indy got shot in the arm.
After watching the film, i wonder how good the figure will look with the jacket off and the shirt unbuttoned ( can it do that?) to simulate Indy's Cairo look. other than the changes in the shirt and no jacket, there really aren't any differences that were immediately noticeable to me, tho I'm sure someone is waiting to prove me wrong. ;):zzwhip

I agree, other than the belt color, I have not nits to pick with Indy. It was only the lighter tan in TLC.

Someone, somewhere, mentioned the button color being wrong on his shirt but in ROTLA, the buttons did match the color of the shirt. In TOD and TLC they were darker.

You can read all about the costume and gear at Indygear.

I'll gladly take it as is, as I'm not so nitpicky as some. This has become my most anticipated figure of 08', just wish it was coming sooner!

Yeah, I can live with the belt no problem...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if SS didn't chage it before production.

i wouldn't be surprised if they changed it either, nor would it be a dealbreaker if that is the production version.

I'm pretty sure there are different-colored 1/6 web belts out there, just in case Sideshow doesn't fix it. Web belts were used a lot during the WWI and WWII eras, so there should be some more options out there with 1/6 military suppliers.

I hope that a few sites will part Indy out. For one thing, I want the body. Secondly, I want an extra shirt!

Anyone know where I can get one of Sideshow's old mud bases? That would go very well with Indy!

brings up an interesting point, does anyone have any good bases to display Indy on, with some ruins or what not. I'm thinkin about making one from scratch but I wanted to know if there were any other options out there...maybe i should start a new thread....

brings up an interesting point, does anyone have any good bases to display Indy on, with some ruins or what not. I'm thinkin about making one from scratch but I wanted to know if there were any other options out there...maybe i should start a new thread....

TRiad Toys

520.jpg

I'm pretty sure there are different-colored 1/6 web belts out there, just in case Sideshow doesn't fix it. Web belts were used a lot during the WWI and WWII eras, so there should be some more options out there with 1/6 military suppliers.

A little Rit dye and the problem is fixed

Yes, I saw that before. It looks like a pretty cool base. I wish there were more custom bases like that available.

Triad was supposed to start releasing some custom bases, the next one was a two part rooftop with gargoyles and windows that lit up. Perfect to display a Batman fig.

Back