12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. Thanks for the link. I'll probably purchase that.

First, however, I think I will visit World Market, Garden Ridge and those type stores to see if I can find some other stuff that might make a cool INDY display as well.

I'll let everyone know what (if anything) I discover.

P.S. This got me thinking (uh oh! :lol). My dad collects actual Mayan artifacts (he's a part-time resident of Belize and has an archeologist friend there). I'm gonna see if he'll let me have something for my Indy display. :rock :rock :rock

I love that we get a coiled AND a poseable whip, but I'm wondering how they did the poseable whip. I simple wire like the hems of the Jedi hoods wouldn't hold up. And a thick wire would snap too easily, I think.

i too would like to know exactly what they did on the poseable whip. Anywho, anyone else think its strange that the Reg. edition hasn't sold out yet? I know I am. I thought Indy, both versions would be gone in a flash. Is the price scaring people away?

I don't know if it's the price so much as Indy being a very heavily done custom. A lot of people have already made their own and probably dropped a good bit of cash in doing so.

i too would like to know exactly what they did on the poseable whip. Anywho, anyone else think its strange that the Reg. edition hasn't sold out yet? I know I am. I thought Indy, both versions would be gone in a flash. Is the price scaring people away?

Regulars usually take a while to sell out, the only quick ones were during the frantic SW buying about 3 or 4 figures into the line. Since then its taken longer to sell out, but with regular edition sizes getting smaller that might be changing a bit.

good to know. I just don't want sideshow thinking that this was a failure and not maiking any more figures. But then again, I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to Indy figs. There just haven't been many.

I'm planning on picking up another Indy to customize but I can't swing the extra after the pounding my card took over the last few months. I think there are probably a lot of others planning on the same thing.

I paid full price for my Exclusive INDY and used Rewards Points to order two extra Regulars from Sideshow for my customs. So I should be all set on this one. :rock

I paid full price for my Exclusive INDY and used Rewards Points to order two extra Regulars from Sideshow for my customs. So I should be all set on this one. :rock

:rock

I actually bought three as well, although one's from Bigbad. There's so many possibilities with Indian Jones customs!

:rock

I actually bought three as well, although one's from Bigbad. There's so many possibilities with Indian Jones customs!

Wow, that INDIAN Jones sounds like quite a custom! :rotfl

Actually, I plan on getting 2...the exclusive (pre-ordered) and a regular to bash into a 'Streets of Cairo' Indy (no jacket, shirt unbuttoned and untucked more, wrinkled, sweaty shirt...sweat dripping down his face from under the hat, cracking that whip!) :rock

What customs ya making, Irish?

First of all, I will make at least one fully dirtied and weathered Indy.

Also...

Indy as Cairo Digger:
r91.jpg

Indy as German Soldier:
360.jpg

Perhaps another (maybe Cairo Street Fight Indy, without the jacket, shirt sleeves rolled up, etc):
r12.jpg

And, if I can find the right glasses and get the headsculpt repainted as clean-shaven, I'll make a Professor Indy:
076.jpg

Keep in mind that since it comes with 2 heads I will have a total of SIX Indy heads between the 3 figures... plenty of customizing opportunities. :rock

Last edited:
At least one fully dirtied and weathered Indy.

Indy as Cairo Digger

Indy as German Soldier

Perhaps another (maybe Cairo Street Fight Indy, without the jacket, shirt sleeves rolled up, etc).

Keep in mind that since it comes with 2 heads I will have a total of SIX Indy heads between the 3 figures... plenty of customizing opportunities. :rock

Wow, can't wait to see those Irish! I do have a feeling that we will be getting a Cairo Digger "Map-Room" Indy down the line with Staff of Rah, notebook, pencil and surveying tripod. Exclusive being the tied Nazi flag thrown down to Indy to climb out of the map room! :lol

I also wouldn't be surprized if SS does up an Indy as German Soldier with bazooka as well...In the meantime, it'll be really cool to see all the fantastic customs everyone puts together.

I do have a feeling that we will be getting a Cairo Digger "Map-Room" Indy down the line with Staff of Rah, notebook, pencil and surveying tripod. Exclusive being the tied Nazi flag thrown down to Indy to climb out of the map room! :lol

Yeah, I'm hoping for that as well. In fact, if/when Sideshow makes another Indy from ROTLA I'm almost certain it would be Cairo Digger "Map-Room" Indy (and with the same accessories you noted). That's why I'll probably save that custom for very last. :lol

Yeah, I'm hoping for that as well. In fact, if/when Sideshow makes another Indy from ROTLA I'm almost certain it would be Cairo Digger "Map-Room" Indy (and with the same accessories you noted). That's why I'll probably save that custom for very last. :lol

...The very last? awwww man, that was the one I was most looking forward to seeing! :monkey2

:D

At the very least, maybe we can compare our 'Streets Of Cairo Street-Fighting' Indy's! :rock

German soldier Indy with the bazooka would be pretty damn cool. Plus, loose German WWII uniforms are in abundance. I think I'll order up another and do that one.

German soldier Indy with the bazooka would be pretty damn cool. Plus, loose German WWII uniforms are in abundance. I think I'll order up another and do that one.

Stay tuned... I'm close to locating the perfect pieces online to make that custom as accurate as possible. Already found an exact 1/6 copy of the hat, the ammo pouches, and probably even the bazooka.

When I locate and identify the rest (the uniform itself and any other customizations necessary) I'll post them on here, including links to the actual items. :rock

Back