1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with this figure except for the cape. Water treatment doesn't work like ANH Princess Leia figure. There must be a way to put some weight on the cape so it wont flare out. Any idea?

You think it flares? I think thw cape is excellent. It lay just like all the customs. It was the ANH cape that flared.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I'm happy with this figure except for the cape. Water treatment doesn't work like ANH Princess Leia figure. There must be a way to put some weight on the cape so it wont flare out. Any idea?

I suspect you are talking about the ANH Vader.

Here, water treatment works fine. And the caption explains the theory of a bad cape.

VaderNonsense.jpg

The cape on this version of Vader is as good as I have seen, it's better than any of the custom capes IMO (I ended up with all of them for my ANH Vader) and hangs beautifully. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to water treat it. Perhaps others have gotten them more crumpled out of the box then I did. Personally I think it's as good a stock cape as you could hope for.

Only Premium members can give rep. And I've bumped him for you. ;)

Yeah, I'm waist-deep in the thread on Premium Membership. I knew about the selling privelege thing, but I'm very disappointed in the reputation part.

Thanks for shooting him rep, piper. He deserves it for that post.

daga9eza.jpg

I will probably need to repaint sometime. I painted it a few years back for another figure, and I noticed recently one eye is lazy.

The cape on this version of Vader is as good as I have seen, it's better than any of the custom capes IMO (I ended up with all of them for my ANH Vader) and hangs beautifully. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to water treat it. Perhaps others have gotten them more crumpled out of the box then I did. Personally I think it's as good a stock cape as you could hope for.

Yep. Learned to live with it already. Now thinking if there's a need to get the ANH version.
On other note. I saw in another thread, somebody using a tissue and a tape to beef up the core figure.
As a scale modeller, I would suggest using this....

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/87143epoxyputty/index.htm

I use this before when I slice the Medicom Jawa and reposition the parts.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm following that post right. :lol So you bought the set for your ANH, didn't you have the lforigno stuff first?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That's the Hasbro Electronic Vader reveal head. I always thought it was spot on Sebastian Shaw. After sanding off the tusks Hasbro sculpted onto the head, I just squeezed into the Sideshow neck guard.

I find that I'm liking the stock body (for now). I think the height/proportion is better than I first thought and that it's the stock Head/dome that throws it off a bit. The SSC mask looks to elongated (to me) making the Vader's noggin to tall, pushing the figure up in height.
I lightly padded the body were I wanted the muscle tone brought out a little. Everything else is just sitting on top of this figure. Nothing has been trimmed, shaped or painted for the final look. This is just another loose fitting, but things are looking good.
The feet through the whole figure off...they're HUGE. Those and the Gloves are far from finalized. More on the recipe, when I'm satisfied that everything fits and looks good. Don't want to steer anyone ins the wrong direction. At this point Vader is just under 13.5" tall.
It seems really hard to capture the proportions with a picture, so I shot a quick Vid (Click on 3rd Picture).

View attachment 97227View attachment 97228

Hey McHaley. Is the shoulder armor Kaiyodo as well?

Man - see, ^ this ^ pic of McHaley's speaks volumes. That helmet & mask is BANG ON.

Indiana; great mod with that Hasbro Shaw head - what a likeness!

Honestly, what does it say, when Hasbro can release an excellent Shaw head sculpt, & yet SSC are STILL struggling with even the basics? :ohbfrank:

Back