1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With respect to all colleagues and their opinions...
If you're not worried about scale, I think Medi Vaders are still the best 'out of the box' representation of Vader. Unfortunately, sooner or later, that suit is going to flake...and flake bad. It's inevitable.
Customized, you can make something much better. My Medi Custom isn't even using their Head/Helmet anymore.

Yep...with this statement, we are making 2 very different figures.
If I were to just fix the height on the Sideshow figure, all the other things that bother me about it would still be there.
And some of my mods take years, because after I'm done, I always see something that can be a little bit better. 'Quick' never enters the equation for me.

Same here
Steph x

Well as I respect the opinions, I love Sideshow, are but the figures sideshow that I have from other companies, and repeat the color of the clothes are not exactly black say coat and skirt, I join my side (not mine ) and if it's something purple like Darth Maul Sideshow. not sew the layer at the bottom is another failure, another failure bent shoes (never saw Vader in the movie with the tips of the shoes seeing the sky), opaque colors many other faults, face the major fault (I 're going to say that this is the face of anakin in any version?), height is most important to me and that height makes vader something big and long legs .... so I decided for this, let's be honest, clear and neutral. Sideshow has beaten medicom in most of his figures but Vader and Darth Maul medicom even wears the crown. and if that is not a forum for Medicom, but worth a review or not?

Attachments

• Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-053.jpg
    Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-053.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 476
You guys crack me up. :)

Sideshow, movie still, Hasbro

Things to ignore: The eyebrows and the fact that both Sideshow and Hasbro sculpts are not supposed to be an "about to die" Anakin. In other words, neither sculpt is what we saw on screen. But the Sideshow sculpt is still pretty much better in every respect - as it should be.
Go back & read my comment in the proper context PP head. :stick

If you're not worried about scale, I think Medi Vaders are still the best 'out of the box' representation of Vader. Unfortunately, sooner or later, that suit is going to flake...and flake bad. It's inevitable.
Customized, you can make something much better. My Medi Custom isn't even using their Head/Helmet anymore.

This is a beauty no doubt Medicom Vader costume 2.0 is very different from the V.1. but if the inevitable happens you say, this is the most accurate, and 100Km/h away from sideshow vader .... Great job McHaleyArt.:clap

Attachments

• I.jpg
    I.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 465
And this trumps them all , unbiased of course ...View attachment 97787

Man, that's awesome. I take it this is a Hurricane Vader? I heard some things are reworked pieces from other companies, is this mask one of those reworked pieces?

This is a beauty no doubt Medicom Vader costume 2.0 is very different from the V.1. but if the inevitable happens you say, this is the most accurate, and 100Km/h away from sideshow vader .... Great job McHaleyArt.:clap

There's things I like about the Medi, but there are things I think look goofy. Namely the mask/helmet or the attachment of those pieces. There is something going on there that I don't like. I wish I could see one in hand. If they could get the scale right and fix the aforementioned problem( for me) I'd buy a Medi. And yeah, their Maul is better. :lol

Here's some Loose Fitting pics I posted a while back with the Kaiyodo head/Hasbro helmet atop of the Sideshow Body.

Yeah, I saw those. So far, even with the loose fitting, I think the looks great. I know nothing about models. I found this one. I don't know if this is it or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Screamin-Kaiyodo-Darth-Vader-1-6-Vinyl-Model-Kit-12-scale-/141024931866?nma=true&si=Tpauiay5jjWnYakLmYU1fb7gCMo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Cool. I might pick one up if I come across one. I've never painted anything that extensively through.....

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Some parts of the hurricane Vader were once kaiyodo parts but that was many moons ago everything has been reworked , extensively ,the done was hasbro reworked reprofiled , all straps are leather , all internal and brow details on the mask are scratch made or home chemically etched brass , the patterns being scaled down from the real parts.all soft parts are hand sewn, all hands are self sculpted , scratch made belt buckle , belt boxes and chest box in ANH version scratch made masters , I posted a previous image a few pages back of one of the casted masks with all the reworking painted red next to an untouched kaiyodo mask .Over two hundred individual parts make up the reveal internals .A lot goes into one of these. This one has speech, 12 phrases , lights, and the cathode saber option.
Steph x

We have a 501st UKG cleared Vader costume so everything used in the 1/6 one has been measured and down scaled from the full size kit .

Last edited:
Some parts of the hurricane Vader were once kaiyodo parts but that was many moons ago everything has been reworked , extensively ,the done was hasbro reworked reprofiled , all straps are leather , all internal and brow details on the mask are scratch made or home chemically etched brass , the patterns being scaled down from the real parts.all soft parts are hand sewn, all hands are self sculpted , scratch made belt buckle , belt boxes and chest box in ANH version scratch made masters , I posted a previous image a few pages back of one of the casted masks with all the reworking painted red next to an untouched kaiyodo mask .Over two hundred individual parts make up the reveal internals .A lot goes into one of these. This one has speech, 12 phrases , lights, and the cathode saber option.
Steph x
...which is why these look so awesome!

I want THAT Vader.

The thing that's most frustrating about companies like SSC, besides the fact they've done the character before and still failed to address certain issues, is that not only do they have the means to make an accurate Vader, but they have the talent as well. I believe this to be true. So what is it? I know licensors have been a problem in the past, and people love to always bring it up, but I can't believe that's the case all the time.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back