1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd already done all the sewing before posting. There's no getting around the holes from the old stitches in vinyl and I was willing to accept that, but thankfully they won't be noticeable on the figure as the seam in on the underside of the arm and some of the unstitched sleeve is also covered by the cuff on the glove. If I was really hard core about the whole thing I could buy another suit and use it to make new arms.

It only seems like a lot of work when it's all written out like that. Most of the stuff I described is already completed, and it didn't honestly feel like a lot at all.

I've put everything back in the box and away for now until I'm ready for the leg cutting next week. If anyone else is interested in the battery replacement and hard-wiring of the stands and belt/chest boxes, I'll be offering product for that soon. Simply plug-and-play, no more complicated than installing new batteries. But please don't post about it or your interest in here, I don't want to take the thread off topic. Feel fee to shoot me a PM or wait until I put up a sales-oriented thread.

Last edited:
Posting for sale content without a premium membership and outside the for sale section is very much against the rules of the board. Just trying to save some people some headaches down the line. But, don't let me stop you from discussing whatever you want, including sales.

Haven't you just hinted at the same thing yourself? Hmmmm....

Haven't you just hinted at the same thing yourself? Hmmmm....

Yes, but I have a premium membership, precisely what it says in the first sentence that you quoted. And when I'm ready to start selling, I'll post a thread for what I'm selling and also list it in Panjo - because those are perks of being a premium member. I'm also not selling anything in this thread, I'm not soliciting sales in this thread and I don't want people to post with interest to me in this thread.

So either yourself or someone else who will be selling your goods will still at some point, before any sales threads are made, need to subscribe to a premium membership to be able to post that sales thread. Premium membership is an absolute requirement for all selling on this forum except via private messaging. I was pretty sure I'd posted a link to the membership info before: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/premium.php

Last edited:
It only seems like a lot of work when it's all written out like that. Most of the stuff I described is already completed, and it didn't honestly feel like a lot at all.

I've put everything back in the box and away for now until I'm ready for the leg cutting next week. If anyone else is interested in the battery replacement and hard-wiring of the stands and belt/chest boxes, I'll be offering product for that soon. Simply plug-and-play, no more complicated than installing new batteries. But please don't post about it or your interest in here, I don't want to take the thread off topic. Feel fee to shoot me a PM or wait until I put up a sales-oriented thread.

Didn't you just make a fuss about Mrs Hurricane discussing the potential sale of custom helmets in here? Even though she was asked about it by members in here and she wasn't using this thread as a sales thread, just generally discussing the prospect? Now you are talking about selling custom lighting kits? In here? Double standards much? Jesus Piper!

:lol

Edit:
Guys, and gal, can we please keep the bickering to a minimum and stay on topic? Thanks.

Sorry Flosi, saw your post after I read pixel pipers incredible double standard post. And replied to it.
He pulled up Mrs Hurricane the other day for basically being nice and helpful when she was asked about custom helmets.

Last edited:
Didn't you just make a fuss about Mrs Hurricane discussing the potential sale of custom helmets in here

:horse No, I pointed out that non-premium members are not allowed to solicit nor make sales in the forums. If you don't see the difference I don't have anything else to add. I've said all I need to say on the subject.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, I don't make the rules.

Keep it up Rory, you're definitely "winning."

No interest in entering into any kind of **** swinging competition with you Pixel? Every thread I go into I see you in some kind of battle of wills. Not my scene, lived and learned.
Just pointing out (as you would in a nano second in everythread that you post in) that you have a fine set of double standards going, and you seem to have taken on the psychological profile of a moderator or hall monitor of some kind. I don't really care about that, but you do owe Mrs Hurricane an apology, if you're man enough to admit you were wrong and do so.

That's all.
:duff

Rory, do I have to say it again? I've said all I need to say on this subject. If you have a problem with reading comprehension you can spend your own time figuring it out. If you'd like to continue harassing me, go right ahead and do that too - see how far it gets you. From this end it was old a long time ago.

Pixel, though selling in the commerce section is a privilege for premium members only the board does not discourage the normal flow of organic think tank discussion, such as that which has occurred here with Mrs Hurricane. Her husband has long been at the forefront of custom 1:6th Vader figures, as you know. When the time comes I am sure they will create an interest thread, but until then I see nothing wrong with her role in this thread, in fact I encourage it. I want the subject dropped, ON BOTH SIDES, as it has nothing to do with customizing the figure. Thank you.

Has anyone shortened the cape yet? I've seen a number of people asking about it, but I haven't seen anyone mention they've done it. It might be easier/cleaner to shorten via the top finished end rather than try to cut the bottom, but I haven't had a good look yet to see how problematic it would be.

Back