1:6 Sgt. Slaughter Headsculpt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I just checked them. They are bs. Cotswold might have something useful, but I haven't been in ages.

As far the list, no, not at the moment. I'm somewhat Joed out and focusing on Cobras, well aside from Beachhead but he's still a ways off I think. Doesn't your Flint come out before him.

Looked at Cotswold for the Sgt rank thinking they may have had the rank in brass, but they didn't have anything.

John

Ermy's hat looks like ass. Just checked it. It's sculpted plastic or resin, or whatever. It's crooked and not really appealing in the least. Great for Ermy, a $50 figure, shameful on Slaughter. Assuming TA is still gonna honor our orders :)p) we should use this one:

hat.jpg

https://www.toyanxiety.com/officerburns-hat.aspx

Well I snagged one of these from TA, so guess I'll try out some Sgt. decals on it :pray:

Kind of anxious to start on this guy, I'll have to wait for glasses and the hat to be in hand though.

As for cost prolly gonna be around the same lines as MANDO with Steel Brigade, I will have to know whether people what a neck version or just HT muscle body version.

But more or less the guidelines that MANDO followed, exception of paint colors, etc...

-Helmets will be cast in solid resin and be a solid head not a helmet meant to go over a generic head so they'd have a neck (you'd need the short adapter).
-They will available pre-painted only and in a scheme of silver,hunter green, and black (necks would be black).
-probably only 20 helmets tops (and that includes mine)
-Looking to be about $45 (give or take)
-To clarify; resin cast w/ neck, pre painted and pre-drilled

Sgt. Slaughter's head is not meant to fit over a generic head :lecture

:lol

Ski, I would say design it to fit on muscle bodies/long TT necks only. If people aren't going to put him on a muscle body, they would still have the option of using a long HT neck or even get ahold of one of those TTs that have the neck connected to the chest. And it would save you from doing more work.

So the clarify, not painted either?

Sgt. Slaughter's head is not meant to fit over a generic head :lecture

:lol

Ski, I would say design it to fit on muscle bodies/long TT necks only. If people aren't going to put him on a muscle body, they would still have the option of using a long HT neck or even get ahold of one of those TTs that have the neck connected to the chest. And it would save you from doing more work.

So the clarify, not painted either?

As long as ppl are ok with that, that does sound like the right idea therefore I'm not casting two different types of heads unless anyone has a problem with that?

Do you mean provide a non painted version as well?

Sorry if I missed this, Ski, but you're only sculpting the head, right? Not a hat as well? Just thinking that if the sheriff's hat is going to be tough to find and no one even wants to use the Ermy one then why not just sculpt a hat to fit on Sarge? Or why not just make the sculpt with the hat attached? Ppl really going to pose him without it?

I would prefer a painted version. Not all of us are talented like that.:D

Coolio, yea not charging much for paint so why not right but I'll respect others if they want to do one up themselves, so it's all gravey.

Sorry if I missed this, Ski, but you're only sculpting the head, right? Not a hat as well? Just thinking that if the sheriff's hat is going to be tough to find and no one even wants to use the Ermy one then why not just sculpt a hat to fit on Sarge? Or why not just make the sculpt with the hat attached? Ppl really going to pose him without it?

So far it's the head, I think Buttmunch too a consensus on what we wanted to do so between Buttmunch, NAM and EVIL they were thinking the TA hat, I think it's a few pages back.

but I'm open to any suggestions if everyone agrees?

So far it's the head, I think Buttmunch too a consensus on what we wanted to do so between Buttmunch, NAM and EVIL they were thinking the TA hat, I think it's a few pages back.

but I'm open to any suggestions if everyone agrees?

Just saw there's only like 1 in stock. Otherwise that would be cool. But aren't you using the Ermy hat for sizing? So how would you know if the TA Sheriff's hat would even fit? My suggestion is just sculpt a removable hat. I think that would please everyone. For me, I'm not going to display him without a hat so I'd say just sculpt it attached, but that's just me.

Just saw there's only like 1 in stock. Otherwise that would be cool. But aren't you using the Ermy hat for sizing? So how do you know how it would even fit?

I believe NAM should be sending me one shortly to size the sculpt to it (TA Sheriff's hat that is), I'm waiting on the hat and also the T-1000 glasses to make sure the head is properly sized.

I've sculpted glasses on my Dreadnoks before as well, if glasses are a problem to find.

Seems like there might be a lot of different versions with these questions popping up now :rotfl :monkey4

Last edited:
Seems like there might be a lot of different versions with these questions popping up now :rotfl :monkey4

Not at all, man. Just a suggestion. I'm down either way. If no one else wants a sculpted hat I'd say just go with what you're doing.

Just saw there's only like 1 in stock. Otherwise that would be cool. But aren't you using the Ermy hat for sizing? So how would you know if the TA Sheriff's hat would even fit? My suggestion is just sculpt a removable hat. I think that would please everyone. For me, I'm not going to display him without a hat so I'd say just sculpt it attached, but that's just me.

Then buy it? :dunno

As for the others, the community can help do a search. I'm wondering how many need hats now though since they had 10 in stock when I bought the first two.

Back