1:6 Sgt. Slaughter Headsculpt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say like this.

Sgt%20Slaughter_15265.jpg

I think that could look good. Not a blank face, but not a goofy grin either. He still looks like he could kick your butt with that face.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Like I said, you go can fluffy or buff with him :lol

So does this sound right everyone:

head with male pattern baldness
head designed for muscle body/long TT/Pro neck pegs
seperate hat and glasses (need to get for your self currently)

What about his expression guys? Do we want to go with his classic grimace or something more neutral?

No expression. Just a set jaw. I think that's just about the only face he does. :lol

No expression. Just a set jaw. I think that's just about the only face he does. :lol

I guess the gimace I was thinking of is actually his 'whistle' face. Yeah, I think the one EF posted is great for the figure. The whistle face wouldn't be good for anything but, well, the whistle face :lol

BTW the only difference I'm seeing in Ermey's hat and Slaughters is Ermey has the Marine logo on the front and Slaughter has his Sgt rank on the front. Small difference sure, but just so everyone is aware.

Is Ermey's hat seperate from the figure? Might be able to make a cast to it, replace the logo with a Sgt rank like you mentioned.

Is Ermey's hat seperate from the figure? Might be able to make a cast to it, replace the logo with a Sgt rank like you mentioned.

Yes it is! It does have a little elastic that goes under the chin and around the brim of the hat though. Think I should send it to you first instead of Ski?

Last edited:
i like the ideas so far. my .02 would be for a set jaw type of expression like nam said.

Well, that hat is OK with me if that is how we all want to go with this.

It's a measly $5 you cheap bastard! :lol:nana:

I took a long hard look at the Ermy hat last night and kept asking, "Do I want that on a figure that's supposed to stand next to the rest of my $100+ Joes? In the end, the thickness and crooked nature of the brim just told me no. Then when I saw these for $5, it was a no brainer. They'll still need a bit of work, but they're the perfect color (green or brown would work), flocked giving the appearance of the real hat, and will only need a bit of work to be accurate.

:lol No its not the price. I just bought one actually. Just with Ski sculpting the head, I want us all on the same page with the hat so it fits the head right.

And maybe Evilface can make us some sgt decals we can replace that thing on the front with?

:lol No its not the price. I just bought one actually. Just with Ski sculpting the head, I want us all on the same page with the hat so it fits the head right.

And maybe Evilface can make us some sgt decals we can replace that thing on the front with?

Yeah, I would expect this to be just as expensive as the SB custom from MANDO. For some, a fat chunk of the cost will be in getting the body. I think I'm going to go with his DI look from his first appearance in the comic. It's not as iconic as the look on the 3 3/4" figure or from the cartoon, but IMO it'll fit in with Sideshow's Joes better.

Yeah, I would expect this to be just as expensive as the SB custom from MANDO. For some, a fat chunk of the cost will be in getting the body. I think I'm going to go with his DI look from his first appearance in the comic. It's not as iconic as the look on the 3 3/4" figure or from the cartoon, but IMO it'll fit in with Sideshow's Joes better.

Got pics of that particular look?

And if anyone else is interested in his tank top and camo pants look, these parts from Dutch shouldwork nicely:

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-1-6-P...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3a5d59b164

Got pics of that particular look?

fo7di1.jpg

Pic above is a bit older but it'll give you a good idea. Pretty basic. Woodland BDUs (pressed to all hell so they fit perfectly, wrinkle free) w/sleeves rolled up past the elbows, whistle, Panamas and a pistol belt around the waist on top of the top. Again, it's a simple outfit, so the likeness, hat and glasses will have to sell the look.

Back