1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Marf, did you ever get the Mal duster from Chad? I'm still waiting on the rig from Stevo. If it looks like Stevo's going to be late, I'll use my own rig and wait on the replacement from Stevo.

Old Grandpa

Jeans are pretty easy. I could hook you up with a pair, but I don't have a body to fit to so would either need you to take good measurements or send me the body for fitting. Would gladly donate for a Castle project. Kicking myself for missing this one.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I guess it would depend on what TT body we use for Castle. If Trevor can whip up a mod of the Mal sculpt with a smirk, we could go from there. Like I said, I have a seemless neck TT I would be more than happy to throw in if Trevor makes a neckless and smirking Castle sculpt (Castle is always wearing a button up shirt with the top few buttons undone so I think the seemless neck would be suited best for that look).

So if the Castle is a go, just let me know! Otherwise, I can't wait to see his reaction to Mal! I hope someone can get a video of it!

Was just looking at pictures, I can do his suit jacket easily as well as his shirt. I would need to know the level of detail, ie working pockets belt loops etc. It's entirely possible to even go so far as a working zipper in the fly, but I would have to check my sources for an in scale zipper. As for the shoes.....I may know someone who can make a pair if we can't find some. If we decide to do it let me know and I will hunt them down k.

On a side note. Do all slim TT bodies have the same measurements? I am working on getting one for my Mal so I would have one to use for the clothes. Will have to look into the one you have for my neck-less head.

On a side note. Do all slim TT bodies have the same measurements? I am working on getting one for my Mal so I would have one to use for the clothes. Will have to look into the one you have for my neck-less head.

They do but I wouldn't recommend a slim for Mal. I would get Narrow or Standard.

Slims are to short and WAY to skinny for Mal and with Trevors Mal head on A slim, I would look funny.

Thanks for the info. I will look into that then and see what I can round up.

Just got an e-mail from Stevo that the rig for Mal was shipped last Thursday. I'll finish it and forward it to SilentSurfer.

Old Grandpa

I just found this thread. I don't wonder into Whedonville very often.

I have to say this is a fantastic idea, and I love it. I have to confess I've never watched Firefly, but I am a big fan of Castle. So I really like Fillion, and from what I've seen of him, I think he'll get a big kick out of this. It would be amazing if they could somehow work it into an episode of Castle like they did his Mal outfit for his Halloween costume. Maybe it could be his Space Captain figure?

Would there be any interest in putting a Castle figure of him together too? I know Castle would be kind of a boring looking figure next to Mal, but if we could get him in his "Writer" vest, I think that would be a funny figure too. I'd be more than happy to try and help put that together since I've seen to have missed the boat on Mal.

Wow, I just stumbled into this thread too and I have to say I'm really impressed. Great job all and if you do get around to doing Castle I'd be down for it too.

I got an email from Chad yesterday stating he would be shipping out the duster today. He apologizes, but he was very backed up with orders. I'll keep everyone posted!

Hey Marf, did you ever get the Mal duster from Chad? I'm still waiting on the rig from Stevo. If it looks like Stevo's going to be late, I'll use my own rig and wait on the replacement from Stevo.

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
This should work out well. Surfer probably has the head painted, the base should get to him any day, and by the time he finishes that, the coat, and the rig should arrive to him for assembling.
Anyone out there wanna try and create an authentic looking package for kicks and giggles?

Great idea Anzik! Actually, if someone tackled some box art for Mal I would be all over that for my own figure :monkey3 I've considered asking Evilface (I think he does boxes?) a few times just never followed through.

Those are kinda cool. They would certainly work for Mal alone, but I wonder about the base.

This should work out well. Surfer probably has the head painted, the base should get to him any day,

Viper says the base is on the way, and I'm always home doing projects, so UPS should not have trouble getting it to me.

Great idea Anzik! Actually, if someone tackled some box art for Mal I would be all over that for my own figure :monkey3 I've considered asking Evilface (I think he does boxes?) a few times just never followed through.

An Evilface box would be great. He's done some cool stuff.

Hey I like the idea of a box! I agree that the base makes that more difficult, but I still think something unique for the figure would be killer! Great idea.

There's just no stopping this bunch. Great ideas.
Trev

Back