1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the electronics--everything went really well, kinda surprisingly. I wasn't entirely sure the voltage was correct, but things work so it worked out fine. I closed up the bottom and sanded things smooth, just needs a good paintjob. Who do I send this to next?

base01a.jpg

base02.jpg

base03.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q70iMNIRt60?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q70iMNIRt60?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

WOW!! Darthviper, that is one amazing job you did on lighting that stand. This project is really coming together nicely. Once again, nice job.

Old Grandpa

Ha! That looks absolutely fantastic! Truly incredible. And what good fortune that it actually went well for you, darthviper.

I'm in awe- You guys rock!
Trev

Frackin' awesome!

Wait, wrong show.

Gorram Shiny!

Anzik and Viper, you guys rock. Now you've set the bar really high for this project. I'll do my best to do your work justice.

Can't wait to do it. This project has the potential to be wrapped up this month by the looks of it. I'm starting to feel the pressure here. You've all done such an amazing job of it so far. I'm running down field for the deep pass, just waiting for the ball to be thrown my way.

I just found this thread. I don't wonder into Whedonville very often.

I have to say this is a fantastic idea, and I love it. I have to confess I've never watched Firefly, but I am a big fan of Castle. So I really like Fillion, and from what I've seen of him, I think he'll get a big kick out of this. It would be amazing if they could somehow work it into an episode of Castle like they did his Mal outfit for his Halloween costume. Maybe it could be his Space Captain figure?

Would there be any interest in putting a Castle figure of him together too? I know Castle would be kind of a boring looking figure next to Mal, but if we could get him in his "Writer" vest, I think that would be a funny figure too. I'd be more than happy to try and help put that together since I've seen to have missed the boat on Mal.

3831133689_cdf333d667.jpg

Last edited:
Buttmunch- A Castle would be cool too, and I'd imagine pretty easy to build (easy for this bunch!) I always wanted to tweak the Mal to give it more of a smirk, which would be more suitable for Castle....we'll see!

SilentSurfer- I look forward to seeing your work!!!

Trev

I have a dark blue shirt similar to the one in that pic and a TT body with the built in seamless neckline I could throw in the pot if a Castle were to happen. You'd just have to be able to get a neckless version of the head for that. Heck, I still haven't been able to put the sculpt to use yet (sadly haven't gotten a painter for it) so I could even donate that. I'd be extatic to know I once owned a Nathan sculpt painted by Nathan now owned by Nathan! :lol

I am consulting my parts expert to see if he has any similar vests. So if someone had a good pair of jeans, shoes, etc we would be well on our way to putting a Castle together too!

Buttmunch- A Castle would be cool too, and I'd imagine pretty easy to build (easy for this bunch!) I always wanted to tweak the Mal to give it more of a smirk, which would be more suitable for Castle....we'll see!

Trev

I would be all over a smirking Fillion! way better for my Captain Hammer bash.

Back