1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mals rig arrived today. I'll get it fixed up and in the mail ASAP. Sending it to SilentSurfer. The box is a great idea. Would like to see that thru to completion.

Old Grandpa

I may know how to get the box you want but I need approximate dimensions. I am thinking that something similar to the box that my Indiana Jones figure came in would be perfect.

Great thanks. I'll see what I can come up with too. I would still check with evilface though and get all your bases covered.

Edit* I will convince hubby to let me use autocad to draft out the box shape/design. Then it should be pretty easy as long as I can find some decent cellophane for the viewing window.

If you folks don't mind me taking a crack at the box, I can have a mockup/pattern by Monday and you can decide if you would like to use it. I know I kind of jumped in uninvited and I don't want to step on any toes, but I would love a chance to help out. Nathan Fillion is one of my favorite actors.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Give it a shot. And no worries about inviting yourself. No invitation required. This is open to anybody and everybody. Your participation is welcome.

With all the amazing work done so far, you'll have a lot to live up to though. Give it your best shot. Looking forward to what you can do.

What if he is a MIB collector though! :lol

Better make two in that case!

Damn! I think you may be right.:lol Here that Anzik? Get crackin on a second awesome base.:lol

Mals rig arrived today. I'll get it fixed up and in the mail ASAP. Sending it to SilentSurfer. The box is a great idea. Would like to see that thru to completion.

Old Grandpa

Great! Can't to see all this stuff in person.

Great thanks. I'll see what I can come up with too. I would still check with evilface though and get all your bases covered.

Edit* I will convince hubby to let me use autocad to draft out the box shape/design. Then it should be pretty easy as long as I can find some decent cellophane for the viewing window.

If you do the mock up and figure out how big of a sheet acetate you need because I have two tablets of Duralar just sitting around. It would be easy enough to send some to ya.

Thanks, we should have a paper mockup drafted and done this weekend then ill know how much of what materials i'll need.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I suggest focusing on making a really nice and fancy but closed "shipping box", which would highlight the participant's names and such, label the product, etc. Sort of like what SSC does for the Spooktacular kit. Put the figure and dio in an easily removable tray.

In my humble opinion, you shouldn't make a display style box, because really I don't think you should put Nathan in the position where he has to decide to open it or not. You want to make him take it out and really value the craftmanship.

Hey guys, here are some pics of the weathered duster! Sorry they're crappy, I need a new camera :(

PM me your address when you get a sec Nathan, I can mail it out to you tomorrow :hi5:

PS: I wired the bottom for poseability

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

How'd you weather the duster Marf?

I worked a neutral shoe polish into the fabric to give it a more "leathery" look, spot dyed the seams with brown RIT as well as dyed the cuffs to make them darker. I also tried to give the clasps that OG sent me a rusted look.

That duster is amazing. I'm going to have the best Mal custom on the planet!!!:)

Oh, I mean, Nathan Fillion will have the best Mal custom on the planet.:(

It's really going to suck to see this thing go once it's all together, but at least I couldn't be happier about who it's going to

Back