1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap

These are looking amazing!!! Thanks!

You're welcome :hi5:

:impatient: New lantern batteries have been delivered at last, :yess: so the two completed carts will be on there way to Pete's over the next few days.
A slight delay, sorry about that chaps

The last four Indy Carts are now well under way and on the bench

Any questions just drop me a line guys

Jas

Collected 6 carts from Jas today, I'll put some pics up later, I won't do a blow by blow of these ones as you have seen how they are now and I don't won't to bore you to death lol.

But I will throw some progress pics up as I go along just so you guys who are waiting for them can see that they are getting done as I don't want anyone worrying

I will be starting them on Monday and will get these six done in one go, i reckon it will take a couple of weeks as I have some buffer stops to do along with the carts but I'm planning to get the lot sent out before Christmas

Pete

Nice one Pete, sorry for the delay but all outstanding orders for Carts are now fully built
I'll email each of you as promised :yess:

Im now happy with the new buffer light design, just need to figure out how to squeeze all the electronics in :dunno
I'll figure something out and get them over to Pete's asap
For scale the squares on my workbench mat are 10x10mm

image_zpsn2bo9dge.jpeg
[/URL]

These will look amazing with a bit of Pete's magic

Lights looking good Jas ! I have know idea how you mange to squeeze all the electronics into these thing, you are the magician not me ( I'm just a painter )

Ok a quick update a bit later than promised but I'm going to be working on these relentlessly until the are done

Cart factory takes over the Pete cave

Chassis all primed and the 1st coat of base colour has been laid on

I'll whack a few more pics up as I go along but this is more to show the guys who are waiting that they are getting done than showing how I do them

Pete

Front lights done , they will get weathered at the end

Gave them a semi gloss finish and kept the mix thick and sprayed from a distance to try and get an "enamelled" look

On this batch of lights I decided to try something different and tinted the bulb yellow, this was more for the effect when the light was switched off than when it's on

But it looks nice with them on too (they don't look as yellow in reality)

Seeing as how I was in light mode I did the rear ones too

And a light test just for gits and shiggles

I'll post some more progress in a couple of days once I've got the buckets textured

Pete

Another quick update

Things are beginning to get colourful

Chassis getting shaded (try saying that 10 times really fast)

Added the cast texture to the buckets and laying on the base coats

Still tons to do but heading in the right direction, shading and top coats tomorrow and the tracks (my pet hate lol) are getting done in the background

I'll be back with some more pics of the progress in a day or 2

Pete

got a cart finished

and the other 5 are done too !

I've got the tracks and 1 buffer stop still to do. These will take a couple of days I reckon, but I'll take a few pics when everything is finished just before I package them all up

Pete

Here we go with the last update.

Lights for the buffer stops are done

It's really difficult to get a good look of them in the movie, Jay sent some screen grabs but it's difficult to make out the colour of them (they just look dark) in the end I went for a dusty looking black as opposed to rusty as they stand out better against the buffer

Everything's ready to be packed now (the cart without a track will be staying with me for a bit longer as its going to go on a custom base)

And just some random pics of all the carts to try and show show how they look

I'll get these packed over the weekend and I'll be sending them out on Monday. I was hoping to finish in time to send them before the weekend but unfortunately they took a little longer to finish than I thought.

I'll pass the tracking details on to Jason as soon as I've been to the post office on Monday and he will send them to all of you who are waiting for these

Cheers guys, I really hope you enjoy the carts and please post some pics after you have recieved them as I really would like to see them with your Indy figures

Pete

Back