1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The supports on the buffer stops got a coat of steel

I wanted them To show some age so they would fit in with the aged look of the timber so gave them a light spray of a red/brown
Doesn't really show too well in these pics

Added a bit of pigment to enhance the rusty look

Same deal with the sides of the tracks (I didn't do too much as these get a bit of "dust" sprayed over them at the end)

And a quick dry fit look see

These will look epic with the new lights on them

Looks good with the cart. It would be so cool to build a massive TOD diorama down here in the cave lol !

And the main paint work on the chassis has been done too. These are nearly done, just the finishing touches to go (washes and final weathering)

I'm going to get straight back on these after this post, should be finished today or tomorrow and I'll get them shipped on Friday

Cheers

Pete

Looking awesome Pete and the Buffer stops have finished beautifully mate, great job.
The next three Carts are now well under way and currently on the build bench.
Think these ones are off to the U.S, Denmark & Japan.
I'll get some images up of the new lantern for the buffers up over the next few days to chaps.

Cheers Jas !

The detail you managed to get on the timber made it easy for me to paint, they look really nice in hand

Pete

A quick question for General Zod

There was a request for the brake handles to be made darker on the other cart ( screen accurate ) I left them in bare wood on the prototype purely as artistic license as I liked the look of the pale wood against the darker colour on the bucket.

I have stained the handles on the other one and just want to know how you would like yours finished, pics below show the differences

Let me know how you would like yours buddy

Pete

A quick question for General Zod

There was a request for the brake handles to be made darker on the other cart ( screen accurate ) I left them in bare wood on the prototype purely as artistic license as I liked the look of the pale wood against the darker colour on the bucket.

I have stained the handles on the other one and just want to know how you would like yours finished, pics below show the differences

Let me know how you would like yours buddy

Pete

I think darker for screen accuracy. Thanks!

The carts are finished, just need to let them dry for a few hours and I'll get them packaged up

My camera always picks out the light and dark areas and makes the contrast look much heavier than it does to the eye, they look better in hand

Back