1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nemo,

Great job! I made one years ago and had a blast building it. Certainly one of the most iconic moments in TOD and you've done it nicely! I never had a chance to illuminate my lanterns as I'm always so eager to get on with the next project. If you end up offering them separately please let me know!

Nathan

W
Nemo,

Great job! I made one years ago and had a blast building it. Certainly one of the most iconic moments in TOD and you've done it nicely! I never had a chance to illuminate my lanterns as I'm always so eager to get on with the next project. If you end up offering them separately please let me know!

Nathan
Hi Kaiburr, Scratchbuilder is your guy to contact. I do not know if he offers the lights separately-no doubt he will let you know if he does!

Nemo,

Nathan

Hi Nathan
I'm sure we can help you out with some lighting.
Drop me a PM with what you need my friend.

Ha! Sorry about that Scratchbuilder! I should be giving credit where credit's due. PM sent over. Not to crash your party but this is the model I did way back when. As you can see, my lantern's just sadly clinging on there!

Best,
Nathan

Attachments

• Minecar1.JPG
    Minecar1.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 176
Man i hope i have some cash soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Sorry about that Scratchbuilder! I should be giving credit where credit's due. PM sent over. Not to crash your party but this is the model I did way back when. As you can see, my lantern's just sadly clinging on there!

Best,
Nathan

That cart looks fantastic !

Really nice work Nathan

Pete

Ok I thought I'd do a bit of an update just to show the guys that are waiting for their carts that they are getting done

I got the next 2 carts from Jay

I know you've seen these before but here they are again lol

Got one with rivets and one without this time and also some requests regarding the finish of them

A new addition Jason sent me was a couple of Buffer stops (should look cool for the hot shoe scene)

There are a few bits and bobs to assemble after I've painted them and also some new lights are on Jason's bench getting worked on for these as well

Buckets got textured and everything else got sealed with polyurethane primer and base coated

A terrible pic lol, but if you squint you can see the texture on the surface

Here's a quick dry fit of the buffers during priming, Jason has done an amazing job of getting the look of timber and they should really pop after painting

Nice one !

Are you having the one with rivets or without ?

I'll post my progress on these and if you want just let me know if you want me to add anything paint wise as I go along

Pete

I got mine with rivets. I can't imagine adding anything to it. Each example I've seen has looked spectacular as is.

Shading is well under way and the lights are in their base colours too

Hopefully these won't take too long as I've got some help down in the cave

Meet Fluffy

To be honest he's not a lot of help due to lack of limbs, but at least I've got someone to talk to

Cheers guys

Pete

Been working on the buffer stops

Base colour on

And seeing as how the airbrush cup was full I did the sleepers too

A bit of wash to add some depth and shade

It's beginning to look like timber now

I changed the tone by spraying really thinned paints to try and get a more realistic look

Metal supports are just in a black primer and will get more treatment down the line

Jason (Scratchbuilder) sent me some screen grabs that showed the buffers had stripes that looked like really worn white paint
So I have replicated the look on the buffers

A quick dry fit to see how things look

It's beginning to come together a bit more now

Tomorrow I'm going to finish of the buffers and the tracks and then I can get back into painting the carts

Cheers

Pete

Back