1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Scratchbuilder, will you be making more for sale? and What's the price. Amazing work btw.

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Both lanterns are now complete.
The rear will have frosted lenses to soften the light and will be fitted after texturing / painting to make masking easier.
Now fully switchable with easy access batteries and fully replaceable and bespoke circuit board.

Off to the painters tomorrow

I've received the new light for painting and thought I'd throw a few progress pics on

Front lights look quite shiny in the reference shots from the movie, but for scale I went with a semi gloss

The detail on these new ones is amazing

You just need to remove the top to get access to the switch and the PCB is removable to enable battery replacement

For some reason my camera is making the LEDs look blue (maybe the black throwing things out ?) but in hand they are white

Rear lights are very similar to the prototype, but are now a touch smaller and more in scale

Just in base colours here

No lenses fitted yet, but the top coats are on and weathering has begun

Ready for lenses (please excuse my grubby fingers, the pigments get everywhere)

Lenses in and a light test

These just need a little bit of dust and they will be done

And these 2 carts are ready to got off to their new owners

The dust looks a lot heavier in these pictures than in hand as there is no natural light in my workshop and the fluorescent lights tend to weird out the camera a little. It all looks a lot more subtle to the eye

Dust doesn't show up as heavy in this pic but it's still looking heavier than reality

Heavy rain today so I can't get outside to take better pics (I'll try and snap a few and post them tomorrow)

Well, what can I say. I received my completed mine cart today and it is fantastic. Thanks so much Jason and Pete.
The craftsmanship, attention to detail and painting is top notch. The lights themselves are a work of art-functioning handles too. Anyway, pictures are attached-sorry if they do not do the cart justice; blame my photography.
Scratchbuilder mine cart.jpgscratchbuilder mine cart2.jpgscratchbuilder mine cart 5.jpgscratchbuilder mine cart 4.jpgscratchbuilder mine cart 6.jpgscratchbuilder mine cart 7.jpg

That cart is amazing looking! You're right-the attention to detail is phenomenal!

Congrats on getting it!

Back