1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear lights shaded and ready for top coats

Going down to the cave in a minute and will get the top colours on the rear lights and fit the lenses then a quick light test and I can weather everything up.
Should all be finished by the end of the day and I can start packaging them all up tomorrow

Pete

Awesome! Last finishing touches on a great project. I'll bet your both happy to see it done :yess:

It didn't go quite as smoothly as I planned at the end ( see update below ) but I'm there now.

And yes mate really happy to have them finished, doing so many in one go this time round was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There are a ton of processes that go into the paint job on these and while on there own they aren't too bad, mutilplied so many times was quite gruelling and took a lot of time.

Pete

Ok the lights are done

They are a day later than planned but I had somewhat of a talent failure yesterday with the rear lights and this led to me throwing my toys out of the pram, spitting out my dummy and generally behaving like a four year old ( sorry Jas )

So I took some time out to count to ten and clear my head then got back on the horse this morning and finished them off.

Ignore the Dalek in the background, this has been a personal side project I have been working on along with the carts to keep me sane as at times I was seeing them in my sleep.

Not too much weathering on the front lights ( just a little dust ) way back at the test paint stage I did try some chipping and light rusting on the lights but they just didn't look right ( black is a hard colour to weather realistically ) so in the end I decided less is more

Same on the buffer lights

Rear lights get a bit more weathering and some light dust around the bottom and sitting in the recesses of the lenses

So I'm pretty much finished with the paint work now.

Tomorrow I will set up all of the carts, buffers, lights and tracks to give them a last check over to make sure everything is good to go and maybe add some more dust here and there and then over the weekend I'll get them packed up and start shipping next week.

I'll take a few pics of them all set up before I box them so you can see how they look all finished.

Once I start shipping I will send Jason the tracking details and he will pass them on to you all.

Thanks for your patience guys

Pete

Looks great, really appreciate the work put in. When are they being delivered? I go on my hols on the 9th July.

I will start sending them out on Monday morning mate and I can see you are in the UK so you should have yours Tuesday/Wednesday no worries

Pete

As mentioned to Shells in the above post the first batch of carts have been dispatched.

I'll send the second and final batch in the morning ( we only have a tiny car I'm afraid )

Jay will be in touch with all the tracking numbers

Pete

I took some pics against a white background before I boxed everything up and will post them in a little while once I've got some chores out the way

Cheers guys

Pete

Here's the pics

I haven't cherry picked a cart for the pics it's just one picked at random from the batch along with random track, buffer and lights.
They all look pretty much the same, the only differences between the carts is in the pattern of the weathering on the buckets

In the end I didn't add anything more to them as once I set them up I really didn't feel they needed anything. I'm really happy with how they turned out but I think they look better in hand than in the pics due to my truly tragic photography

:whipAwesome! Many happy collectors to get these carts soon.
Thanks guys

Cheers mate !

when I took the 1st batch of carts to the post office yesterday the guy behind the counter asked what they were (he was curious as the packages were all the same shape) I told him and he said he'd like to see one so when I took the last batch in this morning I took my iPad to show him some pics. He was blown away and asked if he could buy one lol.

Pete

Back