1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lights are all finished guys, :yess: :hi5: all tested and quality checked and safely packaged in a pile of bubble wrap for the trip over to Pete's.

I'll be contacting everyone over the next few days just to double check orders, shipping addresses etc.....
Thanks for your patients guys, really appreciate your understanding.

Amazing news, our Mine Cart is being featured in July's issue No42 of SciFi and Fantasy Modeller magazine.
If you want to see and read how we made them check it out.

I had a note from the Postman waiting on the doormat when I got back from grocery shopping ( it's all glamour this painting lark I tell ya ) saying that a parcel has been left at my neighbours house, they are out at the moment so I can't pick it up but I'm sure it's the cart lights from Jason as I'm not expecting any other deliveries.

As soon as I get them I'll post some pics and I'll get cracking on the painting of them this weekend

Pete

Defo the lights Pete, I packed them really well, just hope Dia the postie hasn't sat on the in the van lol

Next builds:
1/6th piano (almost done)
1/6 Star Wars bridge rebuild
1/6 Ben Hurr chariot
1/6 Indy TLC Fire place
3.75" Indy mine cart, mine dioramas, Willie lava cage + pit & loads more
1/6 Luke's land speeder
1/6 Indy Mercedes truck (TBC)

If anyone has any ideas, post, drop me or Pete a PM or email.

Jas

My neighbour dropped the parcel off last night and the lights are here safe and sound

It's been too wet here today to get them primed but it's supposed to be dry tomorrow afternoon so I'll get right on it as soon as I can and as always post progress as I go along

Pete

My neighbour dropped the parcel off last night and the lights are here safe and sound

It's been too wet here today to get them primed but it's supposed to be dry tomorrow afternoon so I'll get right on it as soon as I can and as always post progress as I go along

Pete

It's always a relief to know things have arrived safe and sound.
Hope the new design buffer lamps are OK mate and makes life easier painting the tricky bits?

It's going to be a huge one for sure, I'm really looking forward to it though

Pete

Just working on the dims & scale plans / blueprints for the Indy truck and a 1/6 Luke's Land Speeder.
The Land Speeder looks to be a fairly easy build, making it levitate will be the tricky bit.
These will be seriously huge, but will look absolutely stunning when complete and epic for me to build.

Sunshine up here in the wilderness today so I got straight out and primed the lights

Buffer lights got the lens frosted, I just need to give the black areas a coat of semi gloss black but need to wait overnight for the primer to fully harden

They sit on a little indent that Jay sculpted into the top buffer

Rear lights need shading, top coats and weathering but again I'll let the primer sit overnight to ensure no reaction with the top coats

Front lights need a coat of semigloss black amd weathering but same deal as the other lights, I want to let the primer harden off

Nearly across the finishing line now guys, just a day or so's more work and I can start packing them up ready for shipping

Pete

Photobucket seemed to have lost its mind yesterday and I couldn't get any pics uploaded.

It's working again this morning so here's the pics of yesterday's progress.

It doesn't look like I've done anything to these lol, but they have had a couple of coats of semigloss black and the lenses are fitted

Light test and all is working fine

Semigloss on the buffer lights too, I'm using this colour not just for the finish but also is a little more hard wearing than the Matt finish but they will all be getting weathered and this will tone it down some

Back