1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been staying away from ToD stuff so as not to get tempted by the SS ToD Indy... but I just spent the last hour going thru this thread and its insane. Makes me wish I had a ToD display. Really incredible work here.

Jason and Pete you have outdone yourselves and need to make more backdrops and props like this.

I see an A L I E N corridor.... a Goldfinger laser table... part of the Carbon Freezing chamber... the stern of the ORCA.... a dinghy for Jack Sparrow..... ALL the dioramas you wanted as a kid...

I've been staying away from ToD stuff so as not to get tempted by the SS ToD Indy... but I just spent the last hour going thru this thread and its insane. Makes me wish I had a ToD display. Really incredible work here.

Jason and Pete you have outdone yourselves and need to make more backdrops and props like this.

I see an A L I E N corridor.... a Goldfinger laser table... part of the Carbon Freezing chamber... the stern of the ORCA.... a dinghy for Jack Sparrow..... ALL the dioramas you wanted as a kid...

Thanks for the kind comments Wor-Gar.

We have got some neat projects in the pipe line and a couple of them aren't a million miles away from what you mentioned ( Aliens and StarWars )

As soon as these carts are finished and shipped I will be painting the "rope swing" bridge from A New Hope that Jason built a little while ago. I think there will be a few of these as its a really great piece by Jason ( I just hope I do it justice )

We have some more Indy stuff coming in the future in 1/6 and 3.75" so keep an eye out for those. We have tons of ideas just need to clone ourselves so we can get it all done in a reasonable time lol !

Pete

Pete

A quick update and from my side it's a bit of a milestone reached.

All of the post shading is done ( buckets, wheels and chassis )
Just the one pic as I need to glue the brakes on the rest and unmask the handles but trust me they are done ( and I have the black thumb to prove it lol )

I know what you are thinking, it doesn't look any different lol.

But if you compare it to the pic taken after the top coat went on you can see the difference ( a bit more depth )

Tomorrow I will sort the brakes on the rest and then I can start to weather and tweak the finish a little bit.
Much easier for me from here on as its only small amounts getting dusted on so my trigger finger should come back to life with a bit of luck :)

Pete

As soon as these carts are finished and shipped I will be painting the "rope swing" bridge from A New Hope that Jason built a little while ago. I think there will be a few of these as its a really great piece by Jason ( I just hope I do it justice )

Really curious about this. I saw the unpainted one a few pages back, which prompted me to PM Jason. Waiting to hear back from him but very eager to see your work on it. I'm sure I will be astounded... and angry that my wallet will be screaming at me.

Cheers guys !

Weathering is well underway

They look a bit washed out in the ice but don't look that way in reality

The dusty streaks/stains show up heavier or lighter depending on how the light hits them

I know I keep saying it buddy, but mate you have skills brother.

#Greg, will be in touch shortly my friend :lightsabe

The remaining Indy cart lights will be done this weekend Pete, a bit of a delay my end sorry about that buddy

Yep, more Indy & Star Wars builds coming very soon, just need to get the current builds finished off.
A little teaser of what may be on the bench in the near future: 3.75" Indy mine scenes [Mini Carts]
1/6 Indy TLC fire place & chairs are just the next few on our list

Carts are pretty much finished

8 here ( the lighting is changing the tone of them )

And 2 on my workbench ( again the lighting is highlighting those vertical dust marks but they don't look that harsh in reality )

The tracks are now all assembled ( these are the ones for the 3 carts without buffers )

The rails finish flush with the sleepers on bothe ends of these ones

And with a cart in place

Tracks for the buffers are done too

The tracks for the carts with a buffer have the sleeper slightly proud on the larger track section

This is to support the end of the shorter section when placed together

Just the lights to go and I will be packing them up and sending them to you guys !

Jason is sending them to me soon and I should have them at the weekend. As always I'll post pics as I go along so you can see I'm not slacking lol !

Won't be long before you have them now

Pete

Run out of LEDs :slap so had to order some more :impatient:
Waiting for me when I got home from work today so should soon get them done and dusted.
Little bit of soldering and the hinge details to finish off then the journey to middle earth (Pete's)

These new resin carts, tracks & buffers have turned out great, well worth the long wait making the moulds, added strength & weight.
Looking awesome Pete

New LEDs installed, new batteries delivered, front lanterns 100% done, buffer lamps 100% done, rear lamps just need the tops finishing off which will be done tomorrow.

Almost there, sorry for the delay chaps

Back