1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rest have the carts have been dispatched and I have passed on the tracking details to Jason so he will contact you with them later.

Although I have all of your names and addresses I don't have your screen name to go with it so it's easier for him to send them rather than me PM you all to try and fit your screen name to your real one

There are a couple of things to note regarding your carts, first one is I had to send the buffers with the rear uprights removed. I was planning to send them fully assembled but when it came to packing I was concerned that they might get damaged in transit, they are cast solid in resin and very strong but the uprights are fixed with 2 screws and I felt that they could break at that fixing point if roughly handled during the journey to you all.

It's not a problem to put them together you just need a small cross head screwdriver to fix the 2 screws.

I've taken some pics to show you what I've done so you don't have any problems

The uprights are marked left and right, this is looking at the back of the buffer

Unwrapped you will see a small screw at the top amd of course 2 holes in the back of the top buffer rail

The base has holes cast into it for the uprights to go into ( the front is the top of the base in this pic ) and they are keyed to the supports

The easiest way to do it is to insert the buffer in first like so

Then insert the rear uprights ensuring you observe left and right viewed from the back from the back

Lastly line up the screws and fix with a small cross head screw driver.
make sure the rear upright stays in contact with the back of the buffer and just tighten them up until the head of the screw sits flush with the surface.

You may to move the buffer forward or backward a little to ensure that the screw is horizontal but once screwed in it is very stable.
It shouldn't be a problem as the screws will go in easily ( I have had these screwed and unscrewed a few times during painting)
Try and make sure the screwdriver is a good fit with the head of the screw and use a firm grip to keep it in there and slowly screw it in.

Pete

Can't wait to see people posting pics of TOD Indy with their custom Willie, Short Round, Thuggee, etc. on their mine carts!

All tracking details sent guys.
I don't think I've missed anyone, but if I have feel free to give me a nudge.

Great work as usual Pete, you can put your feet up for a bit and take a breather mate.
Got a bit of work to do this end before the next build is ready.

Got the cart & buffers today, got to say I'm very disappointed....

Only joking, Wow this is amazing, so glad I jumped on this & so thankful there are talented guys like you around making these things for us 1/6 Freaks. :lol
This will be a real attention grabber in my collection.

Thanks for the great packing to. I was a little worried it might come in little pieces :horror Everything was fine though.

Took some quick pics, I'm a bit busy at the moment so I cant play around with it much, but I'm so happy I found this thread on The Freaks.

DSCF0006_zpsztkdv55q.jpg

DSCF0007_zpstscvbuh6.jpg

DSCF0010_zpsg0wisbul.jpg

DSCF0012_zps2ciasvdx.jpg

DSCF0013_zpste2yjwuy.jpg

DSCF0014_zpsor5uc3na.jpg

DSCF0015_zpsdcr7hojw.jpg

DSCF0017_zpsglfvlplh.jpg

DSCF0018_zpstlmhztdl.jpg

Mine's on it's way across the pond. Hopefully it arrives by COB Friday so I have it for the weekend (it's heading to my office since someone is always there for a sig). They look so cool.

It looks like the increased weight has cured the lightness issue when posing the "hot shoe" scene.
It really means a lot to know you got it in one piece and you're pleased with it.
Looks so good with an Indy.

Got mine (mine) today. It really does capture this memorable scene from ToD. Unfortunately, I had a couple of breaks on the top buffer rail, but a little glue will sort it out and its not really seen from the front. Thanks again Jason and Pete for all your hard work and effort on this project.
I 'm sure this dio will be something to admire in my collection for many years.
Cheers20160715_161738.jpg

20160715_161528.jpg

20160715_163320.jpg

I forgot to ask about how the batteries go in. Can you please post a pic or something. The ones in the rear lantern were not secure. Thanks

Glad you've received your orders guys.
I'm not very impressed with the postal service we have received this time round, we've had a couple of breakages and some have been very slow to deliver.

Here's the battery setup for the front & rear:

The buffer lights are slightly different as I couldn't fit in a switch, Carefully insert the two batteries as shown, some adjustment may be needed as there is very little space.

Hope this helps guys
Jas

Hey guys I just received my custom Indy Mine Cart from Jason and Pete and I just want to say they did an amazing job. I did a quick video to show the details on their mine cart and also took some quick photos.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS4QxrjVcaA

Phots:

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

Thanks again to Jason and Pete for adding this amazing piece to my collection......:hi5:

some news pictures from my new dio WIP

thanks for the cart , Pete and Jas!!!DSCN9720.jpgDSCN9705.jpgDSCN9701.jpgDSCN9697.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN9698.jpg
    DSCN9698.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 144
Got mine (mine) today. It really does capture this memorable scene from ToD. Unfortunately, I had a couple of breaks on the top buffer rail, but a little glue will sort it out and its not really seen from the front. Thanks again Jason and Pete for all your hard work and effort on this project.
I 'm sure this dio will be something to admire in my collection for many years.
Cheers

Really nice display, Indy looks great with the cart

Pete

Back