1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't need to be trimmed at all. Just slick it back and tilt his chin down. Lean his body forward a bit as well. Don't be afraid to use a lot of water. You want to make sure that the ends of the hair, the part that is close to his shoulders, is pulled back and pressed closer to the sculpt. Having it be forward and outwards away from the sculpt is what makes a lot of these photos of the sculpt look bigger than it is. That's what I did with mine and he's been displayed like this since on my shelf.

Don't think they really dropped the ball at all. It's a great looking alternative set. Just requires some finesse and futzing which comes with the territory of rooted hair. Be mindful of how you have his shoulder and arms posed as well. There's a reason I have his elbows pointed outwards and his shoulders pressed up and out. Gives his chest and overall upper portion of his body a wider look to counter any bigness his head might display.

53074550634_62c901e7eb_k_d.jpg

That's my photo and agreed! This isn't even anything specifically tied to INART either.

People have been poorly posing, futzing and displaying their figures for almost 20 years now. You have people popping their figures straight out of the box and just displaying them like this:

9jHTGh4.png

Not saying you need to be a professional or anything in these things but damn, put some tender love and care to the figure when putting it on display. We spend too much money on these figures for them to looking so awkward. Look at references, try to copy some poses and make them look more natural.
Yeah I agree here. I think most collectors just display as-is from the box and not futz with the figure. Same people that complain about the poofy hair just don't know how manage their figure

I’m gonna need a video tutorial on how to futz this joker. All my figures with rooted hair I’ve never done anything to them as I’m too lazy and don’t really care, but for $1,000 I’m gonna actually give a crap what it looks like!
Of course, I take all my figures outside for pictures so if it’s a windy day, RIP to any futzing I did to the hair 🤣

Doesn't need to be trimmed at all. Just slick it back and tilt his chin down. Lean his body forward a bit as well. Don't be afraid to use a lot of water. You want to make sure that the ends of the hair, the part that is close to his shoulders, is pulled back and pressed closer to the sculpt. Having it be forward and outwards away from the sculpt is what makes a lot of these photos of the sculpt look bigger than it is. That's what I did with mine and he's been displayed like this since on my shelf.

Don't think they really dropped the ball at all. It's a great looking alternative set. Just requires some finesse and futzing which comes with the territory of rooted hair. Be mindful of how you have his shoulder and arms posed as well. There's a reason I have his elbows pointed outwards and his shoulders pressed up and out. Gives his chest and overall upper portion of his body a wider look to counter any bigness his head might display.

53074550634_62c901e7eb_k_d.jpg

That's my photo and agreed! This isn't even anything specifically tied to INART either.

Not sure if you mentioned it here in the past or not but how did you get the vest to sit so nice on the shoulders? That's the one thing I haven't even bothered doing yet, but yours looks great!

I’m gonna need a video tutorial on how to futz this joker. All my figures with rooted hair I’ve never done anything to them as I’m too lazy and don’t really care, but for $1,000 I’m gonna actually give a crap what it looks like!
Of course, I take all my figures outside for pictures so if it’s a windy day, RIP to any futzing I did to the hair 🤣
Always time to learn. Otherwise, youre just cheating yourself and blaming someone else

I'm surprised you don't.

Don't you take photos of your figs and want them in the best possible form?
I do my best, sometimes I fail (only after looking at my pictures hours later I notice something I could have fixed or done better).

But in this case I’m specifically talking about the rooted hair, which I’ve never attempted to futz on any of my figures. I never cared for rooted hair, but it was the only option for some figures (black widow, Wanda, Wonder Woman) and while I would use water to keep the hair down, I wouldn’t take time to style it because I just didn’t care to.

That’s why I want help with joker, how to style the hair when it gets messed up, what stuff to use, etc.

I got an email from Todd Johnson at Spec Fiction in which he thanks us for our patience and admits that their entrance into the 1/6th scale world has not gone as smoothly as they would have liked. And that going forward they will have 1/6th scale figures ship directly from China, double-boxed. No more shipping via container ships. Anyone else get that email?

I got an email from Todd Johnson at Spec Fiction in which he thanks us for our patience and admits that their entrance into the 1/6th scale world has not gone as smoothly as they would have liked. And that going forward they will have 1/6th scale figures ship directly from China, double-boxed. No more shipping via container ships. Anyone else get that email?
I hate it when retailers thank people for their patience. Such a condescending phrase.

Nope. I did not but my shipping info finally updated showing my Joker is in possession on UPS and will be delivered Wednesday.

Back