1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: K-2SO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one tall son of a radiotower. I'm not into robots, but he is impressive indeed.

Interesting you say that - when I last took a look at a PT movie, I started to think of them as a pseudo-animated-type offshoot of the SW universe (it's own thing, not 'in-universe' with the OT) and on those terms I actually for the first time did get over my Prequelophobia to some degree and enjoy them for what they are.

I realized that the core/root of my PT hatred is that I was supposed to actually believe - just as an example - that little moppet kid or whiny brooder teen literally grew up to become the Vader I saw in the OT. But when you think of it as this kind of animated universe, separate from the one that Han Solo and Chewy inhabit, that connection gets cut, and you can just view them on their own terms.

Yeah, again - I think if you view Rogue One as its own separate thing, as opposed to something that's being (I guess somewhat blasphemously:lol) marketed by Disney as literally a first act for ANH, then it's okay that robots can sprint.

That's how I've taken a liking to the HT Jedha patrol "sandie" - looking at it not as a ANH sandie, but as a variant of the sandie in its own mini-universe like a sandie from Rebels or something.

Bottom line is that for me, many of these retconned products - the PT, TFA, probably also RO - have in the end proven to be inferior to the OT as films and also in cultural resonance/significance (not the same as box office) and haven't or won't stand the test of time like the OT has, which is fine. But it's this ideology that says it's equivalent/equal to the OT simply because it has the same designs/locations and storylines grafted onto the OT. The OT spawned a brand, and like all brands, that brand has to live on with new products like RO, but it's your choice whether you buy into the marketing that it's a "continuation" or a "lead-up" to the classic storylines.

In a general sense, we have different kinds of studio filmmakers today than we did in the 1970's - pop-culture-as-sole-inspiration "brand interpreters" as opposed to risk-takers and iconoclasts, so the fact we end up with lavishly competent films that will be forgotten in a decade isn't surprising. But there is some wonderful stuff in that lavishness, so enjoy the running robots.:lol
Sadly bens speeches like was probably more interesting than the whole pt. certainly in respect of anakin. I think Lucas forgot the conflict of the clone wars and anakins descent were really all the other needed to be and it was hard to see as Annie became Vader

This towering, powerful security droid is described by Edwards as “the antithesis of C-3PO.” In other words, he’s tough, confident, not especially interested in “human/cyborg relations,” and the complete opposite of a neurotic fussbudget. “Kaytoo is a little bit like Chewbacca’s personality in a droid’s body,” Edwards says. “He doesn’t give a s— about what you think. He doesn’t fully check himself before he says things and does things. He just speaks the truth.” Like Jyn, he’s also seeking a bit of redemption for past wrongs. Droids, too, can have regret.

Neat write up on the characterization of K-2S0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a droid timeline. I think K-2S0 is great design that fits perfectly in line with the SW PT and OT. To go from this:

4be0eecbe1037361d9d4829752b49c84.png

30910a44fdae68d139db9326c77ca06a.jpg

To this:

27a2923a0ca8dabb70657b15a95c05ff.png

f91e27f9749008ca7d3f19645eead518.jpg

9b87ce390f495e92acae5bf91543419e.jpg

b41a4b60c8dbc65b30494625521ea767.jpg

K-2S0 looks exactly in the middle of those design phases for SW.

2634eddb2b87ba8263b1a46ea418f6fd.png

Last edited:
Legs of the roger roger. Body of the Battle droid. Head of the turture guy in Jabba's palace.

Legs of the roger roger. Body of the Battle droid. Head of the turture guy in Jabba's palace.

Exactly exactly. It is very well thought out. I the eyes remind me a bit of 3P0 and the mouth the medical droid.

Edwards says. “He doesn’t give a s— about what you think. He doesn’t fully check himself before he says things and does things. He just speaks the truth.” Like Jyn, he’s also seeking a bit of redemption for past wrongs. Droids, too, can have regret.

Neat write up on the characterization of K-2S0

So, hes like Chopper? :lol

Sorry, couldn't resist, you know hes gotta get compared to someone. :wink1:

Wow. Didn't realise they also had the exclusive death troopers there too. K2SO is massive !!

780e0b9fa43fd16d2cd5b5af308212e5.jpg

Here is another pic.
Definately would display with my TFA Chewie.

And tailbone....amazing post! Very smart, very intelligent and probably hit the nail on the button.

That is a great looking droid! And that trooper set up with the stand and doll looks really nice too. Definitely will be an impressive giant on display.

K-2SO's so tall and lanky he reminds me of that silly joke about the difference between a crane and a giraffe:

One has hydraulics and the other has high b...

Oh, that also reminds me of Han's old droid, Bollux...

Yes. Spitting image. I wonder if they are long lost brothers

Since I quoted your post about K2SO's personality, I really don't see what the robot's looks have to do with it. :cuckoo:

Back