1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: K-2SO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At some point it's okay to admit technology was garbage in 77 and it's okay to make things the way George actually wanted them to be.

Either way I don't recall seeing any imperial security droids even attempting to maneuver in the OT.

At some point it's okay to admit technology was garbage in 77 and it's okay to make things the way George actually wanted them to be.

Either way I don't recall seeing any imperial security droids even attempting to maneuver in the OT.

:monkey4

ewan_mcgregor_phantom_menace.jpg

:rotfl

Yeah this guy is kinda 50-50 Super battle Droid and C3PO - it seems weird that his one big line in the trailer is just a redo of an old Spock line about chances of success... complete with the human rolls-eyes reaction shot.

He goes against the technology-level logic of every OT droid (no OT droid could even come close to running like this guy does,) but I still like the design overall.

Corrected! :lecture :p

There are the fast moving IG-100 Magnaguards and then the IG-86 Assassin Droids in Clone Wars. Also, we've never seen IG-88 move so it's possible he could move like K-2S0.

I think the droid is the most interesting of the hero characters to me based on the trailers(although I do like jyn's rebel outfit), but the leap in technology is indeed a head scratcher. But meh...should fit right in with the blind stick fighting warrior, the trouser wearing graffiti victim baywatch patrol, and the friendly looking stormtroopers.

The movies still have to keep up with the times. People want to see some speed, fluidity in the action...and in a space fantasy opera realm that is Star Wars, I think adding in new types of never before seen droids isn't that much of a stretch on our imaginations. And the prequels made it very well known that there were many many different, much more mobile and combative droids to the ones seen in the OT.

I get it...it's right before ANH so it should seamlessly move into that film. And while having the exact same tech would appeal to many fans...the modern viewer, younger viewer who has grown up with Iron Mans and Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxies...well they want to see some new, cool tech. I think with K-2S0 you get both...I can see some C-3PO and medical droid in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrected! :lecture :p

There are the fast moving IG-100 Magnaguards and then the IG-86 Assassin Droids in Clone Wars. Also, we've never seen IG-88 move so it's possible he could move like K-2S0.

We've seen IG-88 moving, even jumping! He is a beast. (Shadows of the Empire game).

Hmm, never thought of Revenge of the Sith as a cartoon. It does explain a lot of the shortcomings of the Prequels if you consider them cartoons.

Interesting you say that - when I last took a look at a PT movie, I started to think of them as a pseudo-animated-type offshoot of the SW universe (it's own thing, not 'in-universe' with the OT) and on those terms I actually for the first time did get over my Prequelophobia to some degree and enjoy them for what they are.

I realized that the core/root of my PT hatred is that I was supposed to actually believe - just as an example - that little moppet kid or whiny brooder teen literally grew up to become the Vader I saw in the OT. But when you think of it as this kind of animated universe, separate from the one that Han Solo and Chewy inhabit, that connection gets cut, and you can just view them on their own terms.

I think the droid is the most interesting of the hero characters to me based on the trailers(although I do like jyn's rebel outfit), but the leap in technology is indeed a head scratcher. But meh...should fit right in with the blind stick fighting warrior, the trouser wearing graffiti victim baywatch patrol, and the friendly looking stormtroopers.

Yeah, again - I think if you view Rogue One as its own separate thing, as opposed to something that's being (I guess somewhat blasphemously:lol) marketed by Disney as literally a first act for ANH, then it's okay that robots can sprint.

That's how I've taken a liking to the HT Jedha patrol "sandie" - looking at it not as a ANH sandie, but as a variant of the sandie in its own mini-universe like a sandie from Rebels or something.

Bottom line is that for me, many of these retconned products - the PT, TFA, probably also RO - have in the end proven to be inferior to the OT as films and also in cultural resonance/significance (not the same as box office) and haven't or won't stand the test of time like the OT has, which is fine. But it's this ideology that says it's equivalent/equal to the OT simply because it has the same designs/locations and storylines grafted onto the OT. The OT spawned a brand, and like all brands, that brand has to live on with new products like RO, but it's your choice whether you buy into the marketing that it's a "continuation" or a "lead-up" to the classic storylines.

In a general sense, we have different kinds of studio filmmakers today than we did in the 1970's - pop-culture-as-sole-inspiration "brand interpreters" as opposed to risk-takers and iconoclasts, so the fact we end up with lavishly competent films that will be forgotten in a decade isn't surprising. But there is some wonderful stuff in that lavishness, so enjoy the running robots.:lol

We've seen IG-88 moving, even jumping! He is a beast. (Shadows of the Empire game).

The CLANK CLANK CLANK sound he made was terrifying

Never played it so I looked it up:

There something strangely nostalgic about these old games like Jedi Knight that feels even more faithful than any of the prequels or TFA & R1.
I'm still hoping Kyle Katarn might be included in the new trilogy somehow.

[...]
There something strangely nostalgic about these old games like Jedi Knight that feels even more faithful than any of the prequels or TFA & R1.[...]

Could be they're often very much wide-open and empty. They leave a lot to the imagination and capture that sense of mystery and isolation the OT often carried.

What clank clank clank...?

when IG gets close to you, there is a metal clanking sound... as i remember playing (on the highest difficulty level), hiding from him / avoiding him is essential... when health is low and you are crouching in a corner only to hear his clank... it would be intense.

funny looking at the video today... the game seemed so "state of the art" in its day.

Isnt K2 suppose to be a assassin droid reprogramed to force him to follow rebel commands? I think that concept is very original.

So of like what happened to 3PO in AOTC, just not stupid as that...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

780e0b9fa43fd16d2cd5b5af308212e5.jpg

Here is another pic.
Definately would display with my TFA Chewie.

And tailbone....amazing post! Very smart, very intelligent and probably hit the nail on the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back