1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havn't seen the film, but by just looking at the design makes me want it, kinda like the new pre-order of Darth Malgus, i didnt' play SWOR but its a really cool figure and warrants a spot on my shelf :) plus im really loving the SS pricing vs HT... I'm off topic now'... The interchangable parts for RedSnapper seems like a desparte attempt at making this figure sell maybe??? but iono maybe the red snapper gets interchangeable parts in the movie then it would make sense.,,, They really should add in the articulation to retract the claws and knock it down 40$bucks IMO

As far as pricing and discounts, Sideshow changed their Terms with its Retailers the first part of this year allowing retailers to ONLY discount Sideshow items by 8%. You are correct, in that it was originally 10%. Additionally it was my understanding as a Retailer that the 8% max discount would only be on new products in going forward. This might account for some older products still being listed on some websites at the 10% discount.

Additionally, I think you will start to see Retailers discounting less and less in going forward due to allocations and shrinking discounts from Sideshow. I know that we have personally been allocated on the last three HT releases and have not been able to order as many as we have in the past. I have been told that these allocations are to ensure that Sideshow has more product for their retail site as their customer's #1 complaint was that products would sell out too quickly.

As I have talked to quite a few other Sideshow Retailers who agree, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to work with Sideshow. Don't get me wrong, they are a great company and put out some great products however it’s become quite apparent that most of their policy changes, pricing/discount structure, allocations and the fact that they will no longer drop-ship on behalf of their Retailers have made it very difficult to compete with their own retail website.

As a business owner, I can understand the economics of these changes however that still doesn’t make it any easier to swallow.

I heard the same thing from Alter Ego and Toy Anxiety.

I don't know if these new policies are going to work out for Sideshow in the long run. It sounds like a short term gain, long term loss scenario to me. I don't like ordering from Sideshow directly, if I have a choice. I only go through them when there's an exclusive item I need. Their prices are bad enough already, and the only small relief is buying from another e-tailer like you, which I've much preferred as long as I've been collecting Sideshow and Hot Toys products. If they keep upping their prices and limiting their customer's purchasing choices, I don't see it working out too well for them in the end. I've also noticed they've been offering coupon codes pretty frequently lately. Something that they didn't do in the past when their prices were more reasonable. It kind of makes you think.

Anyway, I also wanted to say that I love buying from you. You're on the top of the small list of retailers I like purchasing through, so I wanted to thank you for that.

537975_488964264509895_1324450623_n.jpg

Looks SICK! to buy or not to buy..

why is HT investing in suits that are in the movie 3 seconds?

because what else is there to do outside of the main villain, tony or the suits?

pepper?
i don't think many non-collectors would even bother with her, who the hell wants a Gwyneth Paltrow doll?!? :nana:

because what else is there to do outside of the main villain, tony or the suits?

pepper?
i don't think many non-collectors would even bother with her, who the hell wants a Gwyneth Paltrow doll?!? :nana:

I guess people would argue that it may be worth them using their resources to continue other licences that were announced however long ago.

does an armour with limited screen time really have more appeal then some major characters from other lines.

does an armour with limited screen time really have more appeal then some major characters from other lines.

yes. armors have a timeless/artistic value as well as the appeal of the specific movie license. something like a pepper pots wont be bought unless its dealing with IM specifically.

as far as HT using their licenses, they will do so if the licenses become relevant enough again to produce figure for. they will wait until the brand is out there in some form again to capitalize on and make it worth the investment rather then spending it away on shelf warmers and moderate sellers

Back