1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's wearing crocs with high socks :lol

lol yea... I think it's the only mistep in the whole concept (criticism of film here not HT). Clearly the socks are to emulate boots, but that only makes sense when they work backwards from where this supposedly evolves into with the classic Spidey design (in this version provided by Stark supposedly based on the homemade suit). The problem is when trying to reverse engineer the evolution of the costume the socks as boots are too literal to really be believable. They just should have gone with red high top sneakers or boxing shoes.

So it's a fat Ben Reilly Spider-Man?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To me, this design does look like a nod to Scarlet Spider. Even if the color pattern isn't exact. I like that it is so different from all other versions that have been made by HT.

spidey_series__scarlet_spider_by_robertmacquarrie1-d67ywee-5-ways-marvel-could-introduce-spider-.jpg

I love it. It's goofy and something Peter would make, and I just enjoy how unique it is.

Totally getting this over the actual suit for sure

Very cool looking... Awesome figure for all you die-hard Spider-Man fans. So far for me ASM2 is still the closest to an actual comic look. Would love to have a few different versions of Spidey (Minus the ASM 1 look....ugh) as I am a big Spidey fan (My top 5 Marvel heroes), but for now all I need is just my ASM2. Unless the regular Homecoming suit really grows on me... :gah:

The upgrade suit better come with an unmasked portrait. Im not interested in this homemade lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I know this is movie accurate, but why would Spidey wear fingerless gloves? He has the rest of his body covered, but he leaves his fingers exposed. His finger prints will be everywhere he crawls.

Cant wait to order this one. All in for the Spider-Man line. Looks great.

I assume the standard costume won't come with the head sculpt to make this more of a desirable buy as well.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

You'd think people who pre-ordered this deserve the right to see how the headsclupt look like.

It's not like Hot Toys is trolling us. They can't show the head sculpts until they're approved, which is why they're blurred so often. =P

Lol, I know this is movie accurate, but why would Spidey wear fingerless gloves? He has the rest of his body covered, but he leaves his fingers exposed. His finger prints will be everywhere he crawls.

Well, if they give his hands the usual stick-to-walls ability then it makes sense. The Raimi movies had it work because he had small little thorn things that projected through his suit.

As for this, I think it's looks amazing and fun! I don't know if it'll make me pull the trigger or not. I think it'll depend on whether I end up loving the movie. But with few 1/6 dollars fun stuff like this usually is less a priority. It'd be fun to have him hang out with my hoodie Tony from IM3 though.

If no Holland sculpt on the regular one ill consider trying to budget in both but if it has one ill have no choice but to pass. If money was no issue id get both for sure.

Oh I cant be more excited for this film and this line of figures!! The second these guy go up on Sideshow for pre-order I'll be ordering them! Hopefully we get a Vulture as well!!! Cant wait!!

This costume must be the only flashback in the film . How can the rest of the film take place before CW when Stark is wearing a different IM suit

Maybe the reg suit HT will have a different alt head like a mask lifted halfway over the mouth that's why this version has him completely unmasked :dunno

To me, this design does look like a nod to Scarlet Spider. Even if the color pattern isn't exact. I like that it is so different from all other versions that have been made by HT.

View attachment 331777

that is true! definitely inspired by the Scarlet Spider!

I am a big Spidey fan, since the early 80s, and I am a bit skeptical about the new MCU Spidey.
This interpretation of Spidey seems to be a mix between the old school Spidey, Ultimate Spidey, Iron Spidey...

But it is starting to grow on me, and this figure looks great. Brilliantly executed.

A superposable, no visible pegs, young Spidey? he even has those emotion expressing interchangeable "eyes", and an unmasked headsculpt, plus a mask so that the unmasked poses can be perfect, holding it with the hand.

I agree with others, this is not my cup o tea (design wise) but since the costume isn't body tight and doesn't look too delicate, the seems like it would be heck of fun to pose in extreme Spidey poses without working about damaging the suit. Cool!

This costume must be the only flashback in the film . How can the rest of the film take place before CW when Stark is wearing a different IM suit

Maybe, his Stark suit gets damaged and destroyed and the only option he has on short notice is to put on his old costume?

Back