1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it displayed as Hungover Tony.

That's a good look. I'm going to have him in a Marvel/Avengers "group shot"....like the are mugging for the camera. Mostly museum poses, but may add some flare to some of them.

Something like this, minus a little cleavage :lol

16068649434_903ff716d7_h.jpg

Well $600 is a crazy amount to be spending on a toy set. I also don't think the gantry is worth $200...like how? But yeah, it's the truth...I just didn't see the gantry as a must-have item for my collection.

I did consider buying the Mk IV without the gantry, but that was also very hard to justify since I already own the DC Mk VI...I couldn't rationalize spending $400+ for what would amount to be just a different chest plate and slightly different colors on the bicep and leg. Luckily I don't have a completionist's mentality. :lol

Agreed, Sideshow's price ($635?) is crazy. I got mine at PCZ, where it was $585 before I applied @ $15 in store credits that I'd built up. So that made it easier to justify. Plus I'd just set up a separate display for my Hulkbuster, and there was an empty space above it just perfect for the gantry.

That's a good look. I'm going to have him in a Marvel/Avengers "group shot"....like the are mugging for the camera. Mostly museum poses, but may add some flare to some of them.

Something like this, minus a little cleavage :lol

[...]

I’ve always gravitated towards those ‘group photo’ / ‘casual’ displays. It has a little personality, and reminds me of large group or team illustrations from comics when I was a kid.

I’ve been planning on a final display for my collection and as much as I like a clean look with negative space, something about the visual impact of a large group appeals to me. It also confines figures to a smaller space, but I’m not sure it’ll work for me with the 20-25 figures I’ll wind up with after my ‘final edit’.

The prospect of an MCU Fantastic Four or X-Men is also a problem for future me. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I have had crap for luck with my last two orders :( :(

8348b7b6fc4d98c4f9ef312fe5d9c355.jpg

Excited for figure/statue turns in to instant “meh”....

Hard to even get enthusiastic.

I've had paint damage on my Mark VI mask as well. Depending on where you bought from, try contacting their support to see if they can send you just a replacement mask piece instead of having to ship back the whole figure.

That sure is a joy kill...luckily it's just the face plate...should be an easy exchange!

Are we talking about the one right in the middle of the face, the nose area? Mine doesn't have that. It has the other marks though, I assumed they were deliberate.

Are we talking about the one right in the middle of the face, the nose area? Mine doesn't have that. It has the other marks though, I assumed they were deliberate.

I'll have to look closely at mine again, but pretty sure I don't have anything above the eyes...

I've got marks along the brow and similar marks on the 'cheekbones'. Nothing smack-bam in the middle of the face though, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Yeah the nose mark should defo not be there. I have some tiny marks over the eye though.

CEDBF238-9637-4C93-A4F2-3BA0993DF68E.jpg

CEDBF238-9637-4C93-A4F2-3BA0993DF68E.jpg

Attachments

• 4D8FED49-48DC-4696-9E44-F0D74ED080E9.jpg
    4D8FED49-48DC-4696-9E44-F0D74ED080E9.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 221
Back