1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get the first one, but if this was $500 or a little over for the deluxe I would get it.

If there is no difference in the gantry then I might as well wait for the original to price drop as it was also sold separately if I recall.

26168666_10155157729072344_2808077971472831617_n.jpg

This looks really cool, but with the VI on order, I just don't think there is enough difference in the design to justify personally having both the IV and the VI.The IV and VI share almost identical design elements except for slightly different paint and the different shape arc reactor. I think the VI will contrast my MkIII even more and I don't feel like I need the suit between the two (I can't get every version of his armor anyway).

But, I can totally seeing someone getting the IV to be there "only" Iron Man. It really does capture that more "classic" look of the MkIII with the better body proportions of the VI. It's a beautiful figure and with the gantry it will make an awesome display! Fortunately I don't think I will be tempted buy the gantry because I know I don't have space for it.

Google is your friend.

Untitled-1-1_zpsfbc7a11b.jpg

:lol That’s my pic from way back. Yep it fit just fine as you see it angled. (I no longer own either that Mark IV or gantry but it was an awesome piece. Always sort of regretted selling it and may be interested in this new set.)

LoL, Your pic will last in internet infamy forever or in future iron man discussions. :lol

Quite an honor. I probably took that pic 5 years ago. I don’t know what the thing with the arrows was about. Someone else added those. Probably some deep discussion buried in the original gantry thread. :lol

I do wonder if the new one will be just like the old one or if they’ll change the construction of it at all.

What's up with the shoulder pad... the part closest to the neck? I don't think it looks like that in the film...

So glad I didn't jump on the gantry earlier this year. Checking sideshow and big bad toy for frequently before it sells out.
Also good thing I got into hot toys iron man late so I have almost all the diecast except 42 and 43 and 44. With 2, 5, and 6 already preorder I'm a happy camper.
I held a mk 4 plastic in my hand and I was determine to never have a plastic one, just feels cheap after you fiddle with the diecast ones.

Okay ebay seller has mk 4 and gantry for sale at $699 us. Just lmao at the $1000 plus plastic mk 4/ gantry sellers.
mk 4 by itself about 399. These are ebay prices so subtract the avg 50 80 bucks should give us a price mark where it should sale.

So glad I didn't jump on the gantry earlier this year. Checking sideshow and big bad toy for frequently before it sells out.
Also good thing I got into hot toys iron man late so I have almost all the diecast except 42 and 43 and 44. With 2, 5, and 6 already preorder I'm a happy camper.
I held a mk 4 plastic in my hand and I was determine to never have a plastic one, just feels cheap after you fiddle with the diecast ones.

Just be careful to not fall down that rabbit hole. Just because something is heavy doesn’t mean it’s quality. Most people are not running around holding Irom man figures. (You could, don’t know why)

I could sit 10 iron men mark suits on a shelf and not one untrained eye would be able to tell which is die cast vs plastic. Plastic for the most part costs more to manufacture than die cast and has far less limitations in terms of mounds and detail.

Look at and hold hulkbuster and tell me it’s “cheap”, that’s about 85-90% plastic. It’s already heavy, so would 85-90 % die cast make it better? I would think not.

Okay ebay seller has mk 4 and gantry for sale at $699 us. Just lmao at the $1000 plus plastic mk 4/ gantry sellers.
mk 4 by itself about 399. These are ebay prices so subtract the avg 50 80 bucks should give us a price mark where it should sale.

I'm there with you, a seller on here had 2 Iron Man's, War Machine and the Suit up gantry....he sold me the WM and then said he wanted to keep the Gantry...due to its rareness, i was willing to pay $200 over cost....suck it now !!

Back