1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this review about a week ago, then forgot to share it here. Hope this pushes people over the edge.

https://youtu.be/ZoaTzOkcIkA

Mark 6.2 Thumbnail.jpg

It seems they're incorporating some features from the 1/4 IM figures to the 1/6 versions, such as the lights under the chest, lights in the forearm missiles, nicely articulated shoulder armor.

It seems they're incorporating some features from the 1/4 IM figures to the 1/6 versions, such as the lights under the chest, lights in the forearm missiles, nicely articulated shoulder armor.

Yeah. The evolution is readily apparent. It's really impressive that they were able to downscale that.

I'm looking forward to the Mark 1 diecast.

Perhaps they'll finally make it big enough.

I have the 2.0 and besides the size not really matching the current diecasts (except for mk3) I really have no complaints. But HT always seems to find a way to improve. Not sure the improvements will be worth $450+ though, because that's what it will cost.

All the pictures and video now has me close to pulling the trigger on this. Too pretty. I’ve been holding out a small hope that I get one of those recent $50 coupons, but it seems like people were talking about those long enough ago that if it was coming, it would’ve already been here.

All the pictures and video now has me close to pulling the trigger on this. Too pretty. I’ve been holding out a small hope that I get one of those recent $50 coupons, but it seems like people were talking about those long enough ago that if it was coming, it would’ve already been here.
I had never gotten one of those $50 Sideshow coupons in the mail...until I bought this Hot Toys Mark VI.

I received the $50 coupon in the mail a few weeks ago and was excited at first. However, the coupons only worked for certain items, and not for the items I wanted to purchase. Straight to the trash can it went.

I received the $50 coupon in the mail a few weeks ago and was excited at first. However, the coupons only worked for certain items, and not for the items I wanted to purchase. Straight to the trash can it went.

Try it again (unless you really tossed it). Sounds like there was a glitch and they fixed it so you can use it on anything.

I no longer have the coupon. The coupon said over $100 purchase, and I tried it on the Hot Toys Marty Mcfly figure but it didn’t work. I tried it on the Mark 6 diecast even though I already have one, and this didn’t work either. I guess I should have contacted their customer service, haha...

Stinks that it's not like an annual thing where just everyone gets one, but I got one last year, so guess I can't complain too much.

Since it was a few weeks ago those went out, guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and just go for it; this looks too nice to pass up.

Yeah most Sideshow coupons are only valid on their selected items ie deadstock and trash
Right. The point of the coupons is to get people to buy stuff they're having trouble moving. Most Hot Toys figures don't stay in stock for long, if at all, unless the final product was a disappointment or they manufactured far too many.

Just got this delivered today. Without a doubt my favorite suit I own now. Did have a few QC issues though.

1st the left front hip flap was loose in the package. Looks like bad glue. Superglue to the rescue.

2nd one of the shoulder pad panels is loose. Looks like the rivet that holds it to the shoulder pad is just a bit loose. See video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1yJaX3iHHE

Not not a deal breaker I guess, just kind of annoying. You want these things to come perfect but it’s rarely the case.

Anybody else have a similar issue? Or a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This isn’t my favorite armor, but it is definitely one of the best figures. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and the weaponry is awesome.

I put the 6 next to the 7.. and I am not dying to get a diecast mark 7.. it needs to happen ASAP. I already can’t wait for it and they haven’t even revealed one yet.

I know there have been a lot of complaints about the prices raising, but when I look at the diecast armors, the prices don’t come to mind.. But when I look at the 7, I can’t help but think IT was overpriced.

Just got this delivered today. Without a doubt my favorite suit I own now. Did have a few QC issues though.

1st the left front hip flap was loose in the package. Looks like bad glue. Superglue to the rescue.

2nd one of the shoulder pad panels is loose. Looks like the rivet that holds it to the shoulder pad is just a bit loose. See video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1yJaX3iHHE

Not not a deal breaker I guess, just kind of annoying. You want these things to come perfect but it’s rarely the case.

Anybody else have a similar issue? Or a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have 2. Both have 1 shoulder flap that is slightly loose.

I'm not sure there is anything to be done unless you wanted to glue them. But they are snapped in place together so I wouldn't recommend that. No need.

I actually thought it was cool that the shoulder pad is 2 pieces rather than 1 piece glued.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I got mine today, the top of the head piece on the light up head doesn’t have the metal pieces that the magnets connect to. Sideshow is sending me a replacement head, sigh.

Back