1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so close to ordering this, but the thought of having to deal with more QC issues stops me. All three of my last Hot Toys figures have had defects; mostly paint damage which irks me like nothing else. For how much these things cost the quality needs to be near perfect.

I'm so close to ordering this, but the thought of having to deal with more QC issues stops me. All three of my last Hot Toys figures have had defects; mostly paint damage which irks me like nothing else. For how much these things cost the quality needs to be near perfect.

Just order it and if its not up to par request replacement parts or a return from Sideshow. I too have had issues in the past and it is frustrating, but this one in particular has been issue free for me, and I have 3 now, all perfect imo

:lol ... I considered double-dipping on this release, but instead I ordered DC Marks IV and V. :panic:

(These new DC releases are some of the best 1/6 I've seen)

Nice, I have those coming too, and thankfully have my OG gantry and mk 4 still so may be ok with just 1 of each

Nice, I have those coming too, and thankfully have my OG gantry and mk 4 still so may be ok with just 1 of each

I considered the gantry, but I don't do dioramas, stands or lots of accessories, and that thing is a hybrid of all 3 ... just not likely to use it long-term.

How does this compare to the mark 3 in hand?

cd8f597e8e9a50579fa904911a4d96b2.jpg

I still really like my Mark3.

But yeah. The 6 is better in every way. Paint apps, size, articulation, head sculpt, battle damage. I don't have the 6 yet...but it is THE Iron Man figure to have ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the mk3 as well.

But the 6 is the best figure to date, and it’s really not close.

I have both so if there’s some specific comp pic you want let me know

Last edited:
I like the mk3 as well.

But the 6 is the best figure to date, and it’s really not close.

Oh yes. I'm happy to have it coming in and pair up with Whiplash MKII and War Machine MK1.

My big dilemma is if I snag the V to complete to IM2 set up.

If you have the others I’d get the mkV too. Though I’m probably not the best person to ask as I always say buy. Lol but it’s a pretty unique suit and looks to be a pretty cool figure.

If you have the others I’d get the mkV too. Though I’m probably not the best person to ask as I always say buy. Lol but it’s a pretty unique suit and looks to be a pretty cool figure.

You convinced me!

I am a big fan of the Iron Man 2 designs in general, except the Mark 4.

You convinced me!

I am a big fan of the Iron Man 2 designs in general, except the Mark 4.

But it's nearly identical to the Mk6 save for a few things, major one being the circle RT. Other than that, the only difference is the additional silver on the Mk6.

Totally entitled to your opinion of course! I just think that the Mk4 is arguably (and this is highly subjective) the best purely red and gold armor.

As far as getting the Mk5, I'm definitely picking it up! I'm a big fan of IM2, though I know there aren't that many out there. I'd take the IM2 designs over IM3 any day. And if not for IM1 being the origin story with the benefit of nostalgia, I'd put the IM2 designs right up there along with it.

But it's nearly identical to the Mk6 save for a few things, major one being the circle RT. Other than that, the only difference is the additional silver on the Mk6.

Totally entitled to your opinion of course! I just think that the Mk4 is arguably (and this is highly subjective) the best purely red and gold armor.

As far as getting the Mk5, I'm definitely picking it up! I'm a big fan of IM2, though I know there aren't that many out there. I'd take the IM2 designs over IM3 any day. And if not for IM1 being the origin story with the benefit of nostalgia, I'd put the IM2 designs right up there along with it.

No you are right. The 4 is very similar to the 6. I just think that the pure red and gold looks better on the 3 and this body, with the silver and triangular arc reactor look better on the 4/6 body.

And I agree about IM2 designs. Amazing.

Back