1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MKVII was my first Marvel Hot Toys fig. Even though all my HT were Batman figs; I felt I just had to own MKVII. Later, I preordered the Stealth MKVII, and I’ll eventually get the DC Version as well. This MKVI DC, however, is absolutely stellar! I’m so glad to own it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are aware that on the MK7 the bulky shoulder attachments and thigh missile pods are removable? As are the rib cage covers to add a little more gold. It's less bulky and closer looking to the MK4 & MK6 without them. Not mine, but I did remove the thigh missile pads on mine. The BD MK7 version didn't even come with them. Here's a pic without them on with comparison to MK7BD (not my pic).

Yeah I'm aware, thanks.

I'm comparing each of the armors at each of their base, screen presentation.

And if you do want to compare the stripped Mk7 to the MK4/6, it's not even close.

Out for delivery!! Looking forward to displaying. I used to have Silver Centurian and Iron Patriot and I loved them. I sold them to collect Just Star Wars, now I’m dipping more into Marvel again :)

Out for delivery!! Looking forward to displaying. I used to have Silver Centurian and Iron Patriot and I loved them. I sold them to collect Just Star Wars, now I’m dipping more into Marvel again :)
Well get ready for something amazing :). This is a masterpiece.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Well mine showed up unexpectedly today... Typically Sideshow sent the shipping notice email about an hour after the delivery! (Got the exclusive with the light up head, since I didn't have that helmet from whichever older release it was that originally included it. It's a pretty cool little extra!)

Overall I'm incredibly impressed with this one - I have the original MkIV (which is very very similar to the original MkVI), and even without a side to side this figure is miles beyond the old ones. It's more solid, with a far better range of motion/just feels less delicate. Though having said that - it's probably not as big a step up from the mkXLVI and mkXLVII as I currently feel like it is in my hyped up 'new shiny!' mood. But this has reminded me just how much I still love the designs of the trio of armours from Iron Man 2.

Hah - ironically my lone minor nit is that Hot Toys haven't worked out a different way to do the missile forearms. It's still as fiddly as ever. I realise that realistically there probably isn't a much better way of going about this when you have to replace the whole forearm circumference, but even with the recommended removal/replacement order it's a little awkward to properly align everything!

Ahem, anyway very glad I got this one - even the stand is pretty impressive.

It happens occasionally. They have to hold a large number in reserve for replacements (once they see if there are not a lot of issues they can place some of that replacement stock up for sale) and other retailers will often send unsold stock back to SSC and then people on flex cancel or can’t pay same with folks on PO. So it opens back up from time to time. Not unusual

Like others, initially, the 6 wasn't my favorite. My favorite was probably the 4, because it incorporates the comic-like design of the 3, but better proportioned and paint. But I bought the DC6 (my first Iron Man) because I already had the DC WM 1, and I wanted to have the triangle reactor to help create extra differentiation between the suits. I do love it even more now, and I much rather have the battle damage accessories, vs what is coming with the 4. I have no interest in re-creating the donut scene...

Nice to see the height differences with the original plastic figures with the newer DC figures. Still confusing why HT went with the newer larger scale on the more recent DC figures. Doesn't look too bad in your photo's other than the picture with the MK46 & MK3.... yikes. Looks like Iron Boy, Iron Man's young ward & sidekick.

Ya... the theory that the Mark 3 is supposed to be a smaller suit as it was less advanced, really doesn't hold any water. It would make sense if the suit was shorter and less bulky, but it looks like a different scale altogether. Even the DC 3 seems a touch too small...

Ya... the theory that the Mark 3 is supposed to be a smaller suit as it was less advanced, really doesn't hold any water. It would make sense if the suit was shorter and less bulky, but it looks like a different scale altogether. Even the DC 3 seems a touch too small...

It’s not just a theory, the suit designer stated it. It was intentionally designed for a certain unrealistic shape to attain the desired look. They have stated the im2 suits where where larger in bulk and size.

Yeah then IMO that's how the scale should really be set. I know things vary from film to film, scene to scene, etc but I think that's the best way to keep it consistent. At least for the first 7 suits.

Maybe. But there’s an entirely different approach they take to design and make a static prop for a shot, like the hoa stuff, and how they design the actual suit to wear/function. Hot toys has the 3d files for these suits from legacy/Winston/ILM. The suit was made to look a certain way and the second suits (mk4 and on btw mk4 was originally conceived as war machine) where intentionally made to be bigger. The idea was that the mk3 was designed as a “flight” suit and the mk4 as a fighting suit. The legs of the mk3 where designed for max control in flight and thus had less “human” purportions and the mk4 was made to have human movement as well.

I agree that it makes little sense that the mk3 would be substantially shorter given how the suit is worn. Hard to have a huge gap in height. But it also doesn’t make sense that in the mk3 suit stark would have a 14 inch waist. But it is designed that way. Lol Avi and Phil and Ryan and Jon all talk about these things in the art of books and behind the scenes clips and interviews.

It’s not that I, or hot toys for that matter, want the mk3 shorter. Just what it was.

Well for our purposes these are essentially static props. So makes sense to scale them in this case with their most likely shelf partners.

Again, I know scene to scene it varies greatly it's just the way it is. I can appreciate the theory they put into the design of each suit, but we've also over time gotten more into suspending disbelief with some of these suit designs in terms of their practicality on a human body so I don't think that should be a real roadblock to them translating it to a scale model imo.

Back