1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not just a theory, the suit designer stated it. It was intentionally designed for a certain unrealistic shape to attain the desired look. They have stated the im2 suits where where larger in bulk and size.

I understand the suit designer stated it... I'm talking about the HT figure. The Mark 3 figure, diecast, looks like a smaller scale than the other new DC figures. It's not smaller as if it was simply a less bulky suit. My point was that the idea that Hot Toys made the MArk 3 figure that small (compared to other DC figs) intentionally is not correct. Generally, a lot of their newer figs are bigger than older ones (not just iron Man)...

I understand the suit designer stated it... I'm talking about the HT figure. The Mark 3 figure, diecast, looks like a smaller scale than the other new DC figures. It's not smaller as if it was simply a less bulky suit. My point was that the idea that Hot Toys made the MArk 3 figure that small (compared to other DC figs) intentionally is not correct. Generally, a lot of their newer figs are bigger than older ones (not just iron Man)...

I get what you mean. My point was that since they designed the suit to be smaller in every facet..well more accurate that the later suits where bigger design wise, the figures should reflect that. Again, not saying it’s my preference, just what I see as film accurate based on the people who built the suits comments. If the mk3 was designed to be say 6ft3 in film and the mk4 was 6ft5..then in theory the figures should be of different heights. (Not saying those are official heights just an example) and if Hot toys has the 3d files, which they do and have stated, they would know. The figures will never be perfect scaled figures so I get that. But if the movie suit was supposed to be smaller and tighter fit then the figure should represent that.

The Mark 3 must be the most talked about figure. I never had a problem with the height issue. I don't display figures right next to each other. I understand in doing that, yes the MK3 looks completely out of place.

But it's still a piece I would never let go of. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok preordered. I couldnt resist, besides I'm on beer 4, a barleywine by kros strain, plus my gf is mad about who knows what(something about not listening or something, i wasnt paying attention) , so i think i deserve it.

I think the avengers is one of my top 5 movies all time. If i missed this i would regret it. I'll just use my plastic version as a stand for the mark vii revival scene (when hulk screams at him).

Initially when this got review I was like "pssh, I'm not buying into this die cast version"

Well... I preordered this from SS and got rid of the first version.

Sorry, I haven't really been following this figure that much, but for the waist material, is it similar rubber to what the older iron man figures have? Or is it just solid plastic? ie. Will this figure get the pink panties?

Itll be my first die cast figure. If they ever make a comic version of silver centurion, then i would have 2.

Yes..... that's why they will make it.

And I will buy it.

14 inches tall. Lights. Pop-up rocket launcher. Light-up flamethrower! Real clanky metal.

Where would they put the metal? MKI is more like the armored batman suit. The DC suits don't have much DC so the MKI would probably have as much DC as a couple hot wheels cars.
I love mine and it looks great even with the newer figures but it does have a lot of open areas, Tony should have been dead 50 times over :lol

Yes..... that's why they will make it.

And I will buy it.

14 inches tall. Lights. Pop-up rocket launcher. Light-up flamethrower! Real clanky metal.

Way more excited for a DC Mk1 than the DC Mk7. I can't wait. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a 1/6 10th anniversary figure to complement the 1/4 Mk3. Really hoping that it'll be a DC Mk1. A Mk7 would be great too, but IM started the MCU, only right that the armor that started it all be commemorated for this anniversary.

Psyched to finally have these two together.

05f1201696a3b43e7620703048bf1233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back