1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually believe that in T1 universe you wouldn't see any acting skeletons at all until the end. all those skeletons walking and shooting were the end of the war, when Skynet unpacked all its machines from storages and threw at humans in a final attempt to defend itself. it is widely used in other movies, games, comics, etc etc, but it is totally illogical for original universe: if people knew how terminators look, walk, act, they would be always ready to judge everybody by his appearance. somebody with their pattern of behavior can count for a grave silent warrior only as long as people who confronted them died. remember, there were a lot of guards and heavy weapons in T1 bunker, and only one terminator destroyed it without damages - no way to put him down and investigate. he even had to appear again in T2 beginning.
Reese didn't even say that they killed T-600s easily. he just said that they spotted them easily. no way Skynet would invest into small but complex machines if people knew everything about them, and knowing everything means seeing often and killing often.
i cannot formulate my thought better, but walking skeletons on a regular basis is comics rubbish. i believe they were kept in secret and deployed rarely, not making regular patrols, letting everybody see them walking without fear (abnorml for a human) and study their hunt patterns from a distance.
so you wouldn't see any intact skeleton in original universe anyway, thus there is no difference which model it is.
but it's just my view on the universe :)

A good argument, but remember the T-800 we are used to seeing was model 101. This would imply that there was 100 other models of the T-800. I would imagine with different human appearances. Therefore it could be completely plausible to deploy the "skeletons" as foot soldiers and for the infiltrators to have a different programing. Similar to a regular army soldier and a special forces soldier. These foot soldiers would not be programmed to portray human anything only to be unstoppable killing machines. While infiltrators on the other hand would be programmed with more detailed human files on behavior, social interactions etc.

Not exactly. The "101" refers to the outer sheath, meaning that they all look like Arnold but the quantity produced will always remain unknown.

yep, the 101 was explained as appearance outside the 800 series. sounds a bit silly, but still - having 101 appearances doesn't cause using a top-tech infiltration unit without the one thing it is appreciated for: infiltration surprise.
they can be working within Skynet compounds, but not patrolling and giving the whole idea out, that was my idea.

any signs when the Endo is coming out? it says nov2016- jan2017

^still the latest that I have heard. I think HT has had some set backs with the Deadpool which may have cause some other production lines a slight delay.

P. is pretty much on point with his theory of the endoskeletons in the T1/T2 universe being only used for infiltration. I can't remember where, but Cameron confirmed that the reason they were on the field in the T2 intro was because that was the final battle of the war, and Skynet unleashed everything it had in its arsenal in an attempt to stop the resistance's advance and to buy enough time to use the time displacement unit and send back the first T-800 and the T-1000. That's why you only see aerial and tank HKs on the field in T1 future scenes, and the only Terminator you see is infiltrating a bunker.

P. is pretty much on point with his theory of the endoskeletons in the T1/T2 universe being only used for infiltration. I can't remember where, but Cameron confirmed that the reason they were on the field in the T2 intro was because that was the final battle of the war, and Skynet unleashed everything it had in its arsenal in an attempt to stop the resistance's advance and to buy enough time to use the time displacement unit and send back the first T-800 and the T-1000. That's why you only see aerial and tank HKs on the field in T1 future scenes, and the only Terminator you see is infiltrating a bunker.

Makes sense. Some may not understand or appreciate P. but I do. I always enjoy his analytical view of things. Brings forth a lot of depth that sometimes otherwise would have been forgotten and good old fashion hobby talk. After all that is why we are here right?

P. Ohh man I love how you live this stuff, making theories about attack plans and whats logic and whats not in the Terminator world. Love to read those things I dont think about. Respect !!! :lecture
P. is pretty much on point with his theory of the endoskeletons in the T1/T2 universe being only used for infiltration.
Makes sense. Some may not understand or appreciate P. but I do. I always enjoy his analytical view of things. Brings forth a lot of depth that sometimes otherwise would have been forgotten and good old fashion hobby talk. After all that is why we are here right?
wow thanks, that was unexpected
blushing_zpsqs2h9m9l.gif~original

Absolutely agree with P. on this. The terminators were not common. They were described as "new", which in war means they haven't been out on the battlefield long. It was HK's - tanks and flying units they hid from during the day and night, not terminators moving around. Imagine the surprise when the terminators started showing up. The unease and paranoia that would have spread throughout the war-torn settlements and hide-outs. Even being able to spot the T-600 series with their rubber skin... having one gain access to a hide-out would mean certain death to nearly all within it. There was a time when terminators were shown as dangerous... now, with the later movies - even T2 - their lethality has been watered down to that of a kitten.

The HT Genisys endo looks nice, though I think the design is overly complicated. No longer an industrial/bare minimum design built for war, but now rather a generic, overdesigned fluff piece. As much as I would love for HT to do a T1 endoskeleton, I doubt they'll be able to get it right. The hoses alone are all over the place on the HT endos, and the sculpt is too square and disproportioned. Even the teaser endo we saw in the picture with the 1:4 endo looked strange and still sporting T2 style specific designs and incorporating Sideshow full scale endoskeleton and endobust details, which are so far from accurate it's almost sad. Honestly, the only way I would think they could really kick it out of the park was to scan a real T1 or even T2 endo parts and create their endo from that.

Yeah James Cameron was a clever so and so to come up with the whole Terminator mythology. OK he ripped off the idea from The Outer Limits episode 'Soldier' and claimed he dreamt the whole Terminator stuff, but hey who's going to stop you? Oh yeah, Lawyers. :)

Yeah James Cameron was a clever so and so to come up with the whole Terminator mythology. OK he ripped off the idea from The Outer Limits episode 'Soldier' and claimed he dreamt the whole Terminator stuff, but hey who's going to stop you? Oh yeah, Lawyers. :)

Yup. I finally saw that Outer Limits episode this year and it can't be denied how Terminator ripped off the opening scene and some of the concepts. Heck, I would say T2 itself is a more fleshed out execution of the ideas presented in that episode.

Fun fact: Terminator ripped off Outer Limit's Soldier, who was played by Micheal Ansara, who also played Mr. Freeze in Batman the Animated series. In the Batman & Robin movie, which is a loose adaptation of the BTAS version of the character, he's played by Schwarzenegger. That's twice Arnold played a character hugely inspired by roles played by Ansara.

Read somewhere it was delayed. First ETA was Q4 2016

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah, I got a notice from Sideshow it was delayed to January or so -- at least my last flex pay is Jan. now.

Just like every figure i preorder, Delayed ! :/

Feb - March 2017 now

Here's an idea Hot Toys - cancel this one and instead make the T2 Endoskeleton that ****ing everyone wants to buy.

nah nobody wants those outdated robots.
hot toys already tried that with aliens movie and won't fall for it twice.

I was expecting you to respond with ''Nono, T1 Endoskeleton''. But, like me, you must have realised that asking for a T1 endoskeleton from Hot Toys is completely futile :lol

Back