1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah nobody wants those outdated robots.
hot toys already tried that with aliens movie and won't fall for it twice.

Sad, but true. :lol

No seriously, HT already poured resources on this one and it's not gonna sell as well as a Hulkbuster. You want HT to pour resources on a T2 Endo that's also not gonna sell as well as a Hulkbuster? Get with the times!

well i actually meant that they didn't put any trying and resourses into their alien, produced a piece of **** that nobody buys and decided that people don't want aliens anymore.
from what i've seen about HT hulkbuster it's a piece of precise engineering consisting of lots of details and parts and electronics, with an iron bleh fitting inside, no?

tumblr_ns9vf6T5Yx1uqx64ro3_1280.jpg

well i actually meant that they didn't put any trying and resourses into their alien, produced a piece of **** that nobody buys and decided that people don't want aliens anymore.
from what i've seen about HT hulkbuster it's a piece of precise engineering consisting of lots of details and parts, no?

Well, they could throw a repainted Iron-Anything variant and it will still sell more than the endo. And yes, the Hulkbuster IS magnificent, which is also probably why Alien got the short end of the stick. :slap

Well, they could throw a repainted Iron-Anything variant and it will still sell more than the endo.
it's unknown what would be if they made a skeleton as accurate to the movie as an ironbum.
because what they've already done (1/4 skeleton) is crappy inaccurate as hell. people can say "nobody will see a difference" as much as they want, but if you make a deformer, its silhouette alone just doesn't attend to same parts of the brain that were affected by the original.

We can only dream. No fully accurate T1 and/or T2 endoskeleton will come from Hot Toys. There'd be hope with Chronicle Collectables perhaps but I don't know what their engineering and QC would be like

from what i've seen about HT hulkbuster it's a piece of precise engineering consisting of lots of details and parts and electronics, with an iron bleh fitting inside, no?

tumblr_ns9vf6T5Yx1uqx64ro3_1280.jpg

^that does look seriously cool in all fairness. One good scene in a generally 'meh' movie. There was a time when I'd have bought those two for that set-up.

We can only dream. No fully accurate T1 and/or T2 endoskeleton will come from Hot Toys. There'd be hope with Chronicle Collectables perhaps but I don't know what their engineering and QC would be like

I'd be very interested to see that. I too dunno about the QC but I imagine they'd do a pretty good job.

****in' HT just sitting on the licensing... I can't see it happening.

At least we assume Hot Toys still has the licenses. If they don't surely some other company would have snapped up the T1 and T2 rights by now...unless they're under the impression that Hot Toys nailed everything, thus eliminating the need for more stuff - but they most certainly did not.

Yeah, but any company in the business of making money wouldn't let something like that stop them.

In which case a license like T2 would surely be more appealing from a business POV than the more niche scraps Hot Toys are letting them have.

I'd be very interested to see Blitzway tackle it. I reckon they could do better Arnie sculpts than anything Hot Toys did, Robert Patrick too. Bodies, proportions, clothes and accessories might be another matter but provided the scales matched we'd have the option of intermixing everything.

K.A. Kim's first attempt at Arnold was the final DX10 sculpt. Her second was the two DX13 heads. Imagine what she could do with a third shot at a full Arnold sculpt? :drool

The DX10 sculpt was horrible but the DX13 was a massive step up, so I do believe she could nail Arnie at a third attempt. I still wished we would get a third galeria T-800.

The DX10 sculpt was horrible but the DX13 was a massive step up
because there was an Enterbay sculpt to copy, which HT does often and willingly with old popular franchises
T-800 endoskeleton = McFarlane (judging just by the shape of flat back and ugly feet)
Alien 1 = McFarlane (ssang had one on the table while sculpting the creature)
DX13 = Enterbay (best seen by comparing first photos and final sculpt)
new Predator 2 = i don't remember what, but i posted that cat face in P2 thread
and so on.
they don't refer to the movie but just buy other popular figures to copy from.

===============

Robocop stays apart from this evil scheme. things done for him recently are all unique masterpieces unbeaten by anything i've seen, even later products.

===============

i don't know anything about ironbleh or starcraps, they seem to be nice and excellent to me, but i hate the franchises and don't know what and when was done. i'd believe easily HT makes them themselves and nail them.

==============

all said above is my own humble opinion built in a discussion vacuum.

Last edited:
The DX10 sculpt was horrible but the DX13 was a massive step up, so I do believe she could nail Arnie at a third attempt. I still wished we would get a third galeria T-800.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, I was a bit vague. If she went from DX10 level Arnold likeness to DX13 level Arnold likeness at a second attempt (I assume), then her third could be even better, and she could nail that likeness.

Gah, wishlisting K.A. Kim sculpts is one of the most common methods of time wasting in the hobby lately.

I wish someone would make a new 1:6 T1/T2 Endo.

Yeah id love a 1984 endo. But really the way hot toys are going what are the chances of that happening? The best chance i thought that we had of it being made was a few years back on terminator day april 2012 when they put up that promo poster below with the 1/4 endo and 1/6th endo standing beside it.

6abcda73gw1drnfq8bo35j.jpg

K.A. Kim's first attempt at Arnold was the final DX10 sculpt. Her second was the two DX13 heads. Imagine what she could do with a third shot at a full Arnold sculpt? :drool

Huh, I've just assumed they were both exclusively done by Yulli. Honestly though, no. I say poach Scuderia from wherever the hell he is right now and get him to do it. As far as we know he only did that full BD sculpt of T2 Arnie so you might say 'who knows how he'd handle doing a full Arnold likeness?' I'd be willing to take the chance though.

With Yulli and K.A. Kim there was never improvement without also taking a couple of steps back in other areas. DX10 corrected the munchkin face of MMS117 but it brought in that terrible silverback gorilla shaped cranium. DX13 improved the PERS slightly and gave him more distinctly Arnie facial features but the overall sculpt became really wide and round and the hairline on his temples was completely wrong.

So I'd rather see Scuderia do it or if not him then someone new entirely. They've had enough chances.

edit - Wait, is K.A Kim doing all the Blitzway sculpts? Just looked her up and it's showing that Brad Pitt Fight Club sculpt, Stallone, Al Pacino and others - all of which look great to me. In that case you guys might be confused that I'll say ''give the license to Blitzway'' and then say ''but don't let K.A Kim near it'' if indeed she is the reason that Blitzway are currently being considered Hot Toys' best competition.

Last edited:
Well it looks like this will be the only piece from this line I will pick up, as I can't seem to bring myself to buy the pop's version, I almost don't want this ether as I much prefer the T-1 T-2 Endo's as most everyone else does, but the want for a 1/6 endo is to much to pass. I do think it mostly looks good and the swap out hands is a great idea, one thing though, I thought this had some diecast in it however looking back at page one spec's I don't see it:(

Well it looks like this will be the only piece from this line I will pick up, as I can't seem to bring myself to buy the pop's version, I almost don't want this ether as I much prefer the T-1 T-2 Endo's as most everyone else does, but the want for a 1/6 endo is to much to pass. I do think it mostly looks good and the swap out hands is a great idea, one thing though, I thought this had some diecast in it however looking back at page one spec's I don't see it:(

Pops is a great figure I own him and love mine but I can see why no one would want him since the film was not well received. I dig pops and it is sad this may be the only endo we are getting at this scale but I will get it. I haven't ordered yet I'll wait until it starts shipping and I got some reward points to get rid of so I will use them on my order. Hopefully at some point we get another Terminator or Predator 1 or Dutch or Rambo and Rocky figures. I'll be happy and keeping my orders for all. I just don't think we will which is sad.

Back