1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pops is a great figure I own him and love mine but I can see why no one would want him since the film was not well received. I dig pops and it is sad this may be the only endo we are getting at this scale but I will get it. I haven't ordered yet I'll wait until it starts shipping and I got some reward points to get rid of so I will use them on my order. Hopefully at some point we get another Terminator or Predator 1 or Dutch or Rambo and Rocky figures. I'll be happy and keeping my orders for all. I just don't think we will which is sad.

Your right the Pop's figure is very well done for sure, one of the best likenesses of Arnold to date it just not the most interesting figure, it just looks like old man Arnie heading out for a casual night out to me, the movie didn't do it for me ether. The big problem with the Terminator franchise is holding on to Arnold as Terminator instead of passing the torch or just moving on to the future war as the movie's direction was meant to head sort of like Salvation.

At this point I don't expect to see anymore Terminator stuff from Hot Toys except maybe the T-2 Endo if were lucky, Dutch 2.0 could happen but I don't expect to see it anytime soon and same goes for Rambo. As for Rocky they could have jumped on the hype around the last Rocky movie which would have been smart but that ship has sailed, not that its not iconic just not a hot topic.

The Alien line could see a spike of interest come back to the main streamers with the new movie coming May 2017 so if they were smart they would put some PO's up in time to correspond with the Trailers that should be coming in the next few months.

I would say the sculpt is good in hand. Pics make it look off. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

How can one sculpt inspire such diametrically opposed reactions.

Well for me its a case of what the sculpt represents, I think it does look like old man Arnold as POP's but I didn't really like that movie or the direction its going. Arnold will always be the best Terminator period but its best left at T-1 T-2, as for T-3 it was a waste of time and was an admitted cash grab from the makers themselves, T-4 had the right idea with moving forward to the wasteland future showing that story using T-600's was awesome and introducing the Marcus Terminator was a good way to pass the torch to another actor and chance to do it yet again for another actor to take up the role.

We all know they blew it in the end but I still think continuing on from there would have been better than the Genisys movie plot. They could have did T-5 with Bale returning as Connor and building him an awesome team of tech-comm soldiers that takes the series further into the future story line ending up with a major battle scene, all out war with the Machines with the resistance victory ending at the time machine creating the perfect loop to the first movie.

Well for me its a case of what the sculpt represents, I think it does look like old man Arnold as POP's but I didn't really like that movie or the direction its going. Arnold will always be the best Terminator period but its best left at T-1 T-2, as for T-3 it was a waste of time and was an admitted cash grab from the makers themselves, T-4 had the right idea with moving forward to the wasteland future showing that story using T-600's was awesome and introducing the Marcus Terminator was a good way to pass the torch to another actor and chance to do it yet again for another actor to take up the role.

We all know they blew it in the end but I still think continuing on from there would have been better than the Genisys movie plot. They could have did T-5 with Bale returning as Connor and building him an awesome team of tech-comm soldiers that takes the series further into the future story line ending up with a major battle scene, all out war with the Machines with the resistance victory ending at the time machine creating the perfect loop to the first movie.

I agree, I always liked Salvation and the direction they went with in that movie. It felt like a worthy successor to the Terminator franchise although admittedly a lot of people actually hate the movie. I think if they do make another sequel then they need to go to the future and show us like you said an all out final war with the machines which Genisys kinda showed but from a plot point of view that movie felt like it was all jumbled together and was a mess to watch.

I agree, I always liked Salvation and the direction they went with in that movie. It felt like a worthy successor to the Terminator franchise although admittedly a lot of people actually hate the movie. I think if they do make another sequel then they need to go to the future and show us like you said an all out final war with the machines which Genisys kinda showed but from a plot point of view that movie felt like it was all jumbled together and was a mess to watch.

I liked it myself, it gave us a taste of what the future war was to be, it was entertaining and introduced cool stuff like the t-600's, Marcus, hydrobots, more HK action and moto-terminators which were great designs, though the harvester was kinda dumb. The time line set in 2018 worked as it left room to build a couple more movies that lead to the 2032 final war, where Genisys did show us the final battle in a 5 minute scene which when you think about it the surge and build-up of the whole franchise should have been the showcase, instead its used a minor plot device:monkey4

Paralyztian Bale was 50% of what was bad in salvation. other 50% was a completely missing script/plot.

I knew you would have an issue with Bale:lol I agree the plot took some really bad turns for sure which is why they scraped continuing the story, however Bale was IMO the best John Conner we ever got in the movies, T-2 John worked well enough for the part of the teen Conner but T3 John was awful, he didn't have the look and was more whinny than teenage version, then there's terminator Genisys John Connor, need I say more:dunno

I knew you would have an issue with Bale:lol I agree the plot took some really bad turns for sure which is why they scraped continuing the story, however Bale was IMO the best John Conner we ever got in the movies, T-2 John worked well enough for the part of the teen Conner but T3 John was awful, he didn't have the look and was more whinny than teenage version, then there's terminator Genisys John Connor, need I say more:dunno

Best John Connor was the one In Sarah Connors belly at the end of T1 :exactly:

Funny thing is, all the John Connors have grated with me in the franchise, Oh yeah and don't mention Mrs Doubtfires love child.

jason-clarke.jpg

:slap

what?
that clown was the best Connor in movies?
mwahaha.
he continues the clown from T3 perfectly.

We can disagree on this point as its subject to just opinions, but the T-3 Connor has to be the worst of all time

600px-Terminator.JPG

Even the future version is lame

scan0001-1.jpg

T-4 Connor was at least badass

930e86005ba74cdf3f4897f88e9d1129.jpg

ts-aicn-big.jpg

yes of course.

a dumb clown with a gun is not badass. he is just a dangerous dumb clown.
and i'm talking about his role. (because there was no acting to talk about)

well hes a better actor then arnie thats for sure lol. I always liked bale in his roles right from his early days in empire of the sun to the later films like reign of fire.

well hes a better actor then arnie thats for sure lol. I always liked bale in his roles right from his early days in empire of the sun to the later films like reign of fire.
:rotfl
yep i hate most of Schwarzenegger roles.
and yes, when Bale played a normal person, he was a normal person. one day he became a joke, i don't know when it happened, but since then all movies with him suck.

so-fresh-thomas-dekker.jpg

Thomas Dekker was the best John Connor in my humble opinion. We actually get to spend time with his personality and saw him grow from a whiny kid into the beginnings of a brilliant tactician.

so-fresh-thomas-dekker.jpg

Thomas Dekker was the best John Connor in my humble opinion. We actually get to spend time with his personality and saw him grow from a whiny kid into the beginnings of a brilliant tactician.
...if only you forget that Furlong John Connor was smarter than this one.

Back