1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they changed the texture of the suit to this spandex version as opposed to the leather for better articulation, even though they sacrified a better aesthetic. I can understand that, but whats the logic begind the turtle neck? :cuckoo:

It was done to test swap out heads. To see which held up better.

Yeah, I don't see any reason why it's not the same figure... I don't think that HT makes a new prototype every time they go to a new convention or something. Where are you getting all your info on this figure?

Well it has happened before, speaking as someone who followed the HT Ultron Prime thread...

So it being the one from secret base or a duplicate is impossible somehow? lol Whateves.

Well since they where on display at the same time...kinda made it hard.

And they don't make multiples for conventions. But hey do make multiples. Usually a min of five is required just to get through the approval stage. Then you have the design team in Korea. The Ceo in Hong Kong. The factory in mainland China. Marvel gets theirs. The ones sent out for tooling and paint master. The tailor example.

And since your arguing that there are at least two, is it that hard to imagine that may be 3?

Easy enough to show at least three unique suits shown so far. The one sent to Reynolds. It has no weathering and is totally clean. The one from toy soul with the shorter neck and lots of weathering. The one shown at secret base.

There's other difference. Reynolds one has the throwing knife spade thing on his chest that's embedded into the red suit. The toy soul version has it overlaid. The secret base one looks like it's just slapped on. And there are other difference.

They don't just make one. Or two.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Well since they where on display at the same time...kinda made it hard.

And they don't make multiples for conventions. But hey do make multiples. Usually a min of five is required just to get through the approval stage. Then you have the design team in Korea. The Ceo in Hong Kong. The factory in mainland China. Marvel gets theirs. The ones sent out for tooling and paint master. The tailor example.

And since your arguing that there are at least two, is it that hard to imagine that may be 3?

Easy enough to show at least three unique suits shown so far. The one sent to Reynolds. It has no weathering and is totally clean. The one from toy soul with the shorter neck and lots of weathering. The one shown at secret base.

There's other difference. Reynolds one has the throwing knife spade thing on his chest that's embedded into the red suit. The toy soul version has it overlaid. The secret base one looks like it's just slapped on. And there are other difference.

They don't just make one. Or two.

View attachment 271803

Wow, the close up picture is just too good. Hope the final is exactly like that.

But all these prototypes were most likely not done at the same time. Usually Hottoys puts up pictures of the original proto (they may have more than one, but it's the same figure for the most part. Same fabric, cut, sculpt...) and then they put the same figure in the window of the store, bring it to cons, etc... As time goes on, they usually update the figure a little and the next time we see it, it's in it's final form. I've never heard of them creating multiple protos at the same time and showing them off at different times. Usually if the figure looks different at some point, it's a new proto, they don't usually go back to the old ones. As for the switching out of the heads, I'm just a little confused where you got that. If it had different heads you wouldn't be able to mix and match the eyes like in the original pictures (and all those since to come). These New pictures are probably pretty close to (if not the) final product. That doesn't mean we should all freak out though, these new pictures are bad. We just have to wait for better pictures for now

I'm pretty sure that close up is the same proto as the one everyone's freaking out about just posed better. I don't think there's too much to worry about

All this debating come down to personal preference. Not everyone is gonna be 100% satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this debating come down to personal preference. Not everyone is gonna be 100% satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone really likes the elongated looking head/neck (if that's really the case)

You're right about the suit though. I personally prefer the more accurate/less textured suit.

I'm pretty sure that close up is the same proto as the one everyone's freaking out about just posed better. I don't think there's too much to worry about

Yea they only need shorter the tailoring on the neck like the first prototype so he would look better proportioned, and then the figure would look good.

All these damn protos and possibilities of some being tweeked and not one of them has WINKING EYES!!!

Anyone have the slightest clue when it'll be out? Guessing the HK Secret Base VIP customers will get stock first like for most models.

Lmao about the cancelled comment. can't wait to display him with my work in progress wolverine

Attachments

• 20160622_222408.jpg
    20160622_222408.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 759
Back