1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I thought sideshow collectors were bad when early shots came out. Lol

You guys need to chill.

Ya I guess in my head the shin armor and the suit were the same color.

They are. Even with motus new pic the suit needs to drop a shade. It looks like hot toys is using promo shots for their coloring. The suit looked more muted on film. The color we're getting is similar to the rose in the pic below.

DeadpoolBachelor.jpg

I think they use the color of the actual physical suit, not how it looks on film with all the filters and whatnot. I remember seeing pics of the Superman Returns suit at events and the real suit wasn't nearly as drab as the movie made it look.

I don't know about you but I'd much rather have it appear as it did in the film. Nothing else really matters honestly.

Well since there is no single color for the on screen version, and how it appears depends on the filters and lighting conditions it's kinda hard to match. Unless you get color changing suit or 80 different suits. But if they match the actual suit then each person can match what shade they want by adjusting the lights in the room.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rather have it accurate to the physical suit, movie accuracy doesn't mean as much to me when they use filters to change colors all the time.

Two different ways of looking at it, I guess.

I've always preferred the on screen look. They choose the initial suit color knowing brighter tones will likely change in post production. They don't test different materials and lighting effects for nothing. What you see on screen is the look they want to represent the character. Not the other way around. So these original material debates have never seemed all that valid to me.

Anyway, I digress before this hits "what color is that startrek uniform" heights. lol In the end we all want whats best for the figure. Just my two cents anyway.

I've always preferred the on screen look. They choose the initial suit color knowing brighter tones will likely change in post production. They don't test different materials and lighting effects for nothing. What you see on screen is the look they want to represent the character. Not the other way around. So these original material debates have never seemed all that valid to me.

Anyway, I digress before this hits "what color is that startrek uniform" heights. lol In the end we all want whats best for the figure. Just my two cents anyway.

The problem with the "on screen" look is that it changes from scene to scene. This is the same thing that happens with iron man figures. There's just not a single color that matches every scene.

Yeah, I don't get it either. But it happens every time there's a new photo of something.

attachment.php

I am so disappointed with this. Head looks different in shape to the prototypes we saw and of course the collar. From perfect deadpool to dead deadpool...

Wow. And not the good kind. :lol

Now I'm not saying that this is the figure we're getting or that it won't turn out amazing. And of course, lighting, angles, blah, blah, blah. But it just doesn't look nearly as good as it did in those early pics.

I swear tho, people at these cons really don't know how to pose figures :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back