1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, this is another head scratcher. This is the 3rd repaint of this mold and the 2nd time the Rhodey sculpt is used. Calling this limited is a joke. They're milking every drop out of the reuse here.

When I look at Yankee's list, I think that most of those offering's prices make sense, and even the new versions of old characters have a rational rate of inflation (if there is such a thing :monkey1).

Just when they restore your faith by a launching a 2nd version of the Hulk for less than the first version, which gives you the impression that the reuse of parts may positively affect pricing... they do this. And the Hulk even has a newly developed head and different shorts. This is reused to the bone AND includes a lesser stand than WM 2.0 & I.P. At least $30 more (+ shipping) than I.P.? How & why???

The trend of the increases is baffling. While most are understandable, some are outright insulting.

4 Moulds geeeeeesh (IM MKII,IP,HOT ROD, IM MKII AOU):monkey4

I like this paint up and really want this (I passed on 2.0), but they make it so hard to accept the horse s__t. I'd hate to even waste points on this to make it the price it should be to begin with. Really fkin annoying

I'm now limited to just Mark Suits. It's a pick your own poison thing to me. Continue the undefeated completist streak with the Mark Suit armors while Hot Toys continues to have me by the balls and keep spending thousands each year, or quit now but feel this unexplainable feeling that I am missing out on something I have pride in collecting?

I'm at the point where I'm hoping I "miss" one so I have an excuse to quit altogether so I can be free. It sounds crazy but I know there are several others of you who feel this way too. One of the main reasons I liked collecting these was because I enjoy producing photography with the armors.

Someone posted above about spending $7k on getting 2 of each exclusive AOU figures and I'm thinking wow, $7000 for 28 dolls? I know I've probably spent more or less that much just on Mark Suits. At what point does everyone act like that one popular meme with the dude in the e-card throwing up his hands with the papers in the air and its captioned with "F this ****"? What's everyone's collecting limit? When these dolls hit $500 a pop? $1000 a pop? Anyone else feel like they may be experiencing the twilight of their collecting time now? Soon? Never? I've known several of you on these forums for several years now and I'm interested/curious in what many of your collecting thresholds are.

These prices are past mine now, for the money there is just so much more I can do and experience. But as anything to each his own

Still on the fence whether or not to get this figure. Odd feeling is that this WM2 AoU ver could have no screen time in AoU movie similar to WM2 IM3.

From most of the AoU trailers, Rhodey only shows up in the Avengers party scene. What if Rhodey never suits up as WM2 in AoU movie? Crazy idea...he may not make it out after the Avengers party where Ultron first attacks??? Just a guess...

I'm now limited to just Mark Suits. It's a pick your own poison thing to me. Continue the undefeated completist streak with the Mark Suit armors while Hot Toys continues to have me by the balls and keep spending thousands each year, or quit now but feel this unexplainable feeling that I am missing out on something I have pride in collecting?

I'm at the point where I'm hoping I "miss" one so I have an excuse to quit altogether so I can be free. It sounds crazy but I know there are several others of you who feel this way too. One of the main reasons I liked collecting these was because I enjoy producing photography with the armors.

Someone posted above about spending $7k on getting 2 of each exclusive AOU figures and I'm thinking wow, $7000 for 28 dolls? I know I've probably spent more or less that much just on Mark Suits. At what point does everyone act like that one popular meme with the dude in the e-card throwing up his hands with the papers in the air and its captioned with "F this ****"? What's everyone's collecting limit? When these dolls hit $500 a pop? $1000 a pop? Anyone else feel like they may be experiencing the twilight of their collecting time now? Soon? Never? I've known several of you on these forums for several years now and I'm interested/curious in what many of your collecting thresholds are.

I plan to stop buying marvel figures after age of ulton. I am going to get the whole team, just not ultron. I may get a figure here or there, but I think my collection will be pretty much complete in my eyes.

This price is lame for a straight up repaint of the Iron Patriot but at this point with Iron Man figures I'm not surprised. It's an exclusive so they rope fans in using that gimmick. I was considering this but can't justify $340 for it.

Back