1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It said the shipping quote wasn't available, but looking at how much they quote for the likes of Starboost and Heartbreaker it's gonna be around $30-$40...unless exclusives cost more to ship :cuckoo:

It only costs more if it weighs more as in die-cast.

Yeah, based on the extra cost of this for no reason I was joking the shipping would also be increased for no reason :lol

Yikes--$340? Cheadle HS isn't worth the price hike to me. I'll keep the IM3 version I already have and use my imagination.

It's totally bananas for what amounts to only a subtle repaint of parts they ALREADY made a profit on.

Send me these two parts:

17095B49-5C1E-43B0-AA02-5CF55575F1E6.jpg

And i'll do this work for $35, lol:

1DDAB81F-B38C-4317-B8AD-0EAFAB3991CC.jpg

C7E932B7-D046-49C9-9B5B-3B2E1DB530C8.jpg

It's totally bananas for what amounts to only a subtle repaint of parts they ALREADY made a profit on.

man i am right there with you! i can NOT believe that people would actually pay the price for this figure. and as others have mentioned, the price hikes they are putting on these figures is getting absurd. i mean like beyond sanity level. but i've said it before... as long as people line up to throw their hard earned bucks at whatever price tag they slap on it... they'll continue to keep squeezing the addicts for every ounce they can get!

man i am right there with you! i can NOT believe that people would actually pay the price for this figure. and as others have mentioned, the price hikes they are putting on these figures is getting absurd. i mean like beyond sanity level. but i've said it before... as long as people line up to throw their hard earned bucks at whatever price tag they slap on it... they'll continue to keep squeezing the addicts for every ounce they can get!

Exactly. Even for those who say "I never got IM3 WM, so i'll get this one", they can STILL get the IM3 one and for a hell of a lot LESS than this one, lol.

For me its gotten to the point where I'm really picky about what I purchase. The rate at which these figures are increasing in price is absolutely absurd, especially with characters that have already been done. I'm not going to purchase a figure just because it has an exclusive on the box.

IMO Hot Toys has it all wrong. I know tons of people that would love to get into this game but years ago it was too expensive for them to do so. Now these toys are getting so expensive its pricing the current collectors out. The AoU Hulk was the last reasonably priced figure I've seen in a long time.

I agree... It's the same reason I'd get mad when so many people would post comments how bad the Amazing Spider-Man movies were, and when questioned why they still pay to see it they'd reply with dumb responses like "I'd rather see a bad movie then no movie" or "If we stop going they won't make them". Well the only way to get your point across is not give someone your money. Either they'll wake up and change or they'll fail and we should let them. People justify stuff using really dumb logic. And it's not about whether or not you can afford it, but if your being taken advantage of.... All these awesome cool movie lifesize figures and these cons they attend, they're using the money we give them to pay for that too....

For me its gotten to the point where I'm really picky about what I purchase. The rate at which these figures are increasing in price is absolutely absurd, especially with characters that have already been done. I'm not going to purchase a figure just because it has an exclusive on the box.

IMO Hot Toys has it all wrong. I know tons of people that would love to get into this game but years ago it was too expensive for them to do so. Now these toys are getting so expensive its pricing the current collectors out. The AoU Hulk was the last reasonably priced figure I've seen in a long time.

I started out getting all the Iron Man suits, but it was just getting ridiculous both price wise and release wise. I had to give it up. I cancelled my pre-orders, will sell the ones I do have and will only get a few that are Avengers tie-ins now. I wanted the Hulkbuster, but that one is just out of my league with everything else I'm wanting in other lines. And just the amount of Avengers figures is bad enough. As long as people are willing to pay whatever they price them at. They'll continue to go up in price. I think if alot of people didn't have the flexpay option, they'd probably think twice.

Taking a pay cut due to rising insurance costs at work doesn't help any.

I'd love to see a chart of the price increase in these figures over the years. It seems like its accelerating at an increasing rate. When I started collecting about two years ago these ran alittle over 200 to around 250. Now we see the average iron man is closer to 300 and rising, I can see by next year 400 dollars being the normal price for 1/6th iron men.

Prices are high and getting high. I get it. I have made adjustments to my collecting. I can afford only two figures a year BD Robocop and Chewcacca (and that is $600+) which is ridiculous for two figures. So figures like SS R2 D2, Neca Queen Alien, HT BD T1, Robocop had to be passes for me. Future HT Obi Wan, Han Solo are so far out of reach that they are beyond being even “tempted” to make the purchase. SS Hoth Luke and Han I have to put in the “I don’t care anymore” category. Prices have caused me to develop a thick skin and make “black or white” decisions. There is no more grey area.

That being said I don’t get the people who buy a Black Stormtrooper (who’s not even in a ****ing movie) and say “yeah I’ll get it to a “Spacetrooper”. No that’s what I call disposable mother****ing income!!!

Word!!!

As some of you pointed out, I think HT knows that not that many people will be interested because of the price jump from IM3 War Machine 2.0, I have a feeling this will be the Hawkeye for this particular Avengers lineup of figures.

As some of you pointed out, I think HT knows that not that many people will be interested because of the price jump from IM3 War Machine 2.0, I have a feeling this will be the Hawkeye for this particular Avengers lineup of figures.

I think they are still banking on the perception of peoples willingness to buy by simply slapping on an "exclusive" or "limited" title and sticker on the box thus making people feel they "need" it and don't want to miss out. And then that also justifies the ridiculous price increase on a redone figure with absolutely nothing new, unique or special thrown in. I have collectibles from the 90's with that crap all over it and saying things like "1 of only 20,000". :lol It's worth less today than even the cheap retail price back then. If it's truly limited they should tell us by announcing how many is actually made. But they don't have to. There's a lot more collectors and fans today looking for this stuff than even a few years ago. And many are totally new to the game and taken advantage of. "Don't hate the player, hate the game"

I started out getting all the Iron Man suits, but it was just getting ridiculous both price wise and release wise. I had to give it up. I cancelled my pre-orders, will sell the ones I do have and will only get a few that are Avengers tie-ins now. I wanted the Hulkbuster, but that one is just out of my league with everything else I'm wanting in other lines. And just the amount of Avengers figures is bad enough. As long as people are willing to pay whatever they price them at. They'll continue to go up in price. I think if alot of people didn't have the flexpay option, they'd probably think twice.

Taking a pay cut due to rising insurance costs at work doesn't help any.

Prices are high and getting high. I get it. I have made adjustments to my collecting. I can afford only two figures a year BD Robocop and Chewcacca (and that is $600+) which is ridiculous for two figures. So figures like SS R2 D2, Neca Queen Alien, HT BD T1, Robocop had to be passes for me. Future HT Obi Wan, Han Solo are so far out of reach that they are beyond being even “tempted” to make the purchase. SS Hoth Luke and Han I have to put in the “I don’t care anymore” category. Prices have caused me to develop a thick skin and make “black or white” decisions. There is no more grey area.

That being said I don’t get the people who buy a Black Stormtrooper (who’s not even in a ****ing movie) and say “yeah I’ll get it to a “Spacetrooper”. No that’s what I call disposable mother****ing income!!!

Word!!!

See, people who have been around a while view the whole thing differently than some of the new collectors. Today's prices are what they know and they're very excepting of them, while people who have been absorbing the increases for a while are getting turned off and/or straight up priced out.

Shame is this won't stop until these companies push it to where it backfires on them badly enough to do damage. You would think that what we've been seeing on Sideshow would be the first warning signs to them (HT, SS, etc.). Now they are choking on a multitude of different releases, many of which have been collecting dust for way long, and are still sitting there despite Spook deals, 10%-20% discounts, extra/double/triple rewards, etc.

Whether it be overproduction, the movie not being popular, the character not being popular, the final product not being popular, whatever.... you'd think that this would have been something that would make HT reevaluate their strategy... and then they launch a 2nd string character, head to toe of reused parts... for $340+. Man.

Perhaps this trend is mostly stemming from Asia where adult toy collecting has grown to an epic level, and even 5"-6" figures could run from $50-$80.

IDK. Prices have jumped in the last 3½ years that I've been collecting 1/6, but the level of quality has clearly increased also. I'm still around because the figures have gotten better and the average price for regular figures are $190-$260, which is still justifiable in my book. But the day you're Star Lord/Winter Soldier/Cap/Thor type figures are regularly $275-$325+ for no apparent reason, I'm throwing in the towel just on principle alone

Ugh. $340 repaints of 2nd string characters really get me going :lol

yea the price raping has taken away a lot of the fun of this hobby for sure. no longer can you look at your collection and smile... its turning into a whole lot of "i can't believe i spent this for this piece of cheap chinese plastic."

Back