1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now limited to just Mark Suits. It's a pick your own poison thing to me. Continue the undefeated completist streak with the Mark Suit armors while Hot Toys continues to have me by the balls and keep spending thousands each year, or quit now but feel this unexplainable feeling that I am missing out on something I have pride in collecting?

I'm at the point where I'm hoping I "miss" one so I have an excuse to quit altogether so I can be free. It sounds crazy but I know there are several others of you who feel this way too. One of the main reasons I liked collecting these was because I enjoy producing photography with the armors.

Someone posted above about spending $7k on getting 2 of each exclusive AOU figures and I'm thinking wow, $7000 for 28 dolls? I know I've probably spent more or less that much just on Mark Suits. At what point does everyone act like that one popular meme with the dude in the e-card throwing up his hands with the papers in the air and its captioned with "F this ****"? What's everyone's collecting limit? When these dolls hit $500 a pop? $1000 a pop? Anyone else feel like they may be experiencing the twilight of their collecting time now? Soon? Never? I've known several of you on these forums for several years now and I'm interested/curious in what many of your collecting thresholds are.

I'm still really enjoying the hobby. I don't see an end in sight but certain things really do twist my nuts, so I don't know if they day that I get soured into retirement is closer than I realize.

For me it's the principle more so than the actual price. I'm a bit of a bigger custom collector than I am of mass produced properties, but I understand the high price tags of most things in the custom world. What gets me is I have an idea of what it takes HT to produce a set, and the gradual hikes are getting really insulting. We've watched quality and improvements of the product grow over the years, and naturally price grew with it, but I think the plateau to that balance has come and the scales are starting to tip. The greedier they get, the more they capitalize on our blind addiction, the more I get soured

Last edited:
If HT would have made a full Rhodes sculpt for this and a special arm piece attachment (ala mark vi EX) like in the trailer this figure would have really sung to me. I could justify the price easier knowing I could bash a Rhodey figure with the head sculpt and had fun with the arm.

I could have setup a dio with him trying to pull the mjolnir off of the Hot Toys wooden table I pre-ordered. :monkey3

Even though I'm a huge War Machine fan I could not convince myself to pre order this guy. I currently have Mark 42 43 44 and stealth on pre order and Id much rather spend this WM money on Mark 45.

I'll keep my IM3 WM and be happy with it, I don't care for another helmeted Rhodey sculpt, I already have that with the first WM. If they released a full Rhodey headsculpt, it would be a different story, HT and SSC are just showing their greed with this figure.

Really on the fence with this one - passed on the IM3 version since it had no screen time, for all I know this may not have screen time as well. Do I go for it? Pass? Argh! Price is really killing me on this one! :gah:

I still like the red eyes and chest reactor of the IM3 version, even though there was no screen time w/ him...don't know which one to get...:gah:

No one bought the IM3 WM, so they repackaged it with a headsculpt as soon as they realised he was in the movie.
I bought it though.

HE WAS THE FIRST GOKIN HOT TOY!

It said the shipping quote wasn't available, but looking at how much they quote for the likes of Starboost and Heartbreaker it's gonna be around $30-$40...unless exclusives cost more to ship :cuckoo:

Back