1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:lol yes, I'm always happy! I'm sorry if I came off in a mean way, just seems to be alot of "shade"thrown at the ones who decided not to keep their orders. Im just going to reorder it. I wanted the mark 45 and NA scarlet witch but I didn't have the funds to buy atm and now I do. I collect mainly Iron man armors, so I'm just trying to keep up lol.. kinda glad they are not rushing this. I'm sure those who cancelled will eventually jump back on the Hulkbuster train.

I could be wrong but I understood what Auel alluded to in his original comment...post #7374. Again, I could be wrong but I didn't sense there was ever a real commitment.

I could be wrong but I understood what Auel alluded to in his original comment...post #7374. Again, I could be wrong but I didn't sense there was ever a real commitment.

I don't like debates so I won't be going back 200+ post to see what was said. It's delayed, people are not cool with the extra 9 month wait so I see why some are canceling. I doubt someone would drop that amount of money if they weren't committed to buying it. again, I'm only speaking for myself. It came down to a money issue with me. Do I want sideshow to hold my 700 bucks for a year(chances are it'll get delayed again)? Or do I want to spend that money now and just pay for HB once it releases. To me it was a no brainer. I dont have crazy disposable income so I have to be very selective and choose the figures I want to have. And besides with the reward point I will accumulate, I'll end up paying less than before. Win for me. The commitment is there for me

Again, no problem...I simply said I understood where Auel was coming from in his original comment; it wasn't a ping on you or anyone else. I TOTALLY understand the money is better in your pocket than SSC's and I couldn't care less who orders this thing or if they cancel...if I had it on flex I would have done the same. Peace my friend! :duff

Again, no problem...I simply said I understood where Auel was coming from in his original comment; it wasn't a ping on you or anyone else. I TOTALLY understand the money is better in your pocket than SSC's and I couldn't care less who orders this thing or if they cancel...if I had it on flex I would have done the same. Peace my friend! :duff

I see you edited your post :lol

I don't like debates so I won't be going back 200+ post to see what was said. It's delayed, people are not cool with the extra 9 month wait so I see why some are canceling. I doubt someone would drop that amount of money if they weren't committed to buying it. again, I'm only speaking for myself. It came down to a money issue with me. Do I want sideshow to hold my 700 bucks for a year(chances are it'll get delayed again)? Or do I want to spend that money now and just pay for HB once it releases. To me it was a no brainer. I dont have crazy disposable income so I have to be very selective and choose the figures I want to have. And besides with the reward point I will accumulate, I'll end up paying less than before. Win for me. The commitment is there for me

Late to the party so sorry if this redundant, but if you flex paid this how much has already gone to ssc and do you they give you the option to get he full amount back if you cancel?

Late to the party so sorry if this redundant, but if you flex paid this how much has already gone to ssc and do you they give you the option to get he full amount back if you cancel?

Yes you get the full amount back. You can always get it back when you flex, except for any NRD. But in this case they are giving full refunds(any flex payments and the NRD, plus any rewards points used) for those not wanting it after the delay

Yes you get the full amount back. You can always get it back when you flex, except for any NRD. But in this case they are giving full refunds(any flex payments and the NRD, plus any rewards points used) for those not wanting it after the delay

Do you know how long this offer lasts?

Are you sure? I thought that you lose what ever money has been paid plus the NRD if you cancel. At least when I called them about canceling a figure that's what they told me. good luck either way though

Do you know how long this offer lasts?

They have not set a time but I wouldn't wait to long. I doubt it lasts more then 30 days from the time they sent out update emails. So a couple more weeks would be my best guess.

Are you sure? I thought that you lose what ever money has been paid plus the NRD if you cancel. At least when I called them about canceling a figure that's what they told me. good luck either way though

Yes I'm sure. They have never held anything from a cancled order except the NRD. Must be some confusion on your or the reps part. It's against the law in fact. If you cancel an order you have on flex you only lose the NRD, unless the item is alread in stock, and in that case they can charge a restocking fee. Which has to be disclosed (the amount) in advance..so it would be in the info when you first order of it's an in stock item that you flex.

On top of that being what they have always done, in this instance there have been multiple people in the last few pages that have stated they got every dime returned, even the NRD and rewards points.

If there is no NRD then there's a small fee for canned orders based on how many payments you have made. Otherwise it's just the NRD. Below is the full breakdown but here's the blurb that confirms what I said

Already paid a non-refundable deposit!

If you already paid a non-refundable deposit, that is what is kept -the deposit will take the place of any cancellation fees. That’s it, no other fees, just the loss of the deposit.

https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-...ancellation-Fees-Non-Refundable-Deposits-NRD-

Last edited:
Being in Canada, for these large figures I usually wait and buy them from HK or Japan @ the weak Yen...but bloody hell the Yen has gone up alot lately and i'm not sure where to get this figure at an affordable price any more.

Does Sideshow ship via private courier or through USPS?

Being in Canada, for these large figures I usually wait and buy them from HK or Japan @ the weak Yen...but bloody hell the Yen has gone up alot lately and i'm not sure where to get this figure at an affordable price any more.

Wished Sideshow had other delivery options for international customers. I think they only ship thru fedex.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

You can consider Malaysia or Singapore. In Singapore we bought it at a flat price of (after conversion) $745.33 and we don't have shipment fees. (We do self collection.)

I cancelled within 30 minutes of the getting the email and got my NRD and 3 flex payments back, didn't lose a penny. I didn't use any RP.

They must be having a lot of trouble with the logistics of this piece.

I would assume that a piece of this size would not only cause a lot of unique engineering and manufacturing dilemmas but it's also going to be a huge pain to ship this thing.

The usually box and foam packaging probably isn't going to cut it and they'll likely have to create some sort of wooden or plastic frame to protect each piece.

Well if another hot toys item was to big then this will be. This will be the biggest item by a fair margin. And biggest box.

Good. More returns and then the price will lower.

Confused by some comments...
Seems like you are mainly confused by my comments and not some.

like some people saying they are glad they didn't pre order and pop down $900 for this and spent that elsewhere. i.e. they might buy it later when it is released.

Don't say some people, that is exactly what I said. What is so hard to understand about this? Why pay this off in full or do payment plans when I can spend money now and still get this later? Smart thing to do if one wanted this was to pay the $80 NRD, that is nothing, then just wait and pay the rest upon release by saving the money.

I mean, that $900 would of earned jack all interest in the bank anyway, and secondly if you are that desperate for cash that $900 is a big deal, figure collecting might not be a good choice of a hobby...

I am confused how you can call anyone desperate because they spent $900 in a month instead of saving for a Hulkbuster, when they could just get another $900 easily by the time it releases. Wouldn't desperate be stretching a payment of $900 out over the course of months then?

I mean, I only paid the deposit, so I am sweet. As for the flexiplans, never interested me. I don't need Sideshow to manage my money for me. If i wanted to put money aside for figures it is pretty easy to do so.

You did the smart thing then. You only have $80 tied up for no reason.

Well you never know if those who commented that they cancelled might not have ordered at all, and it's just cool to say they cancelled something this expensive because of a delay.

Well, you never know if those who commented that they ordered might not have ordered at all, and it's just cool to say they ordered something this expensive. Especially when some say they buy everything and yet never posted a pic ever.

He gained his money back to do/buy other things he might want NOW instead of having somebody else holding it for him?

People have a hard time understanding this. Either that, or they are just mad that others get to freely spend money now and then order this "guaranteed" sell out figure as some said earlier.

Back