1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'd love to share more photos.. but i need to get a proper light. my iPhone (the 5C.. i refuse to pay a ton for the new versions) doesn't do well without proper light, the photos end up grainy..

FullSizeRender2_zpsgcmsxgsd.jpg

i'm going to need to take another group shot once mark IX shows up on monday or tuesday.. though, they won't be lit since i removed all of the batteries.. or maybe i'll just put them all back in to take an updated photo.. we'll see. since taking that shot (a couple weeks ago) i've acquired the mark IX, red snapper, peacemaker, and tank. it's not my entire collection, just the figures from iron man 3. i really hope sideshow brings over the new midas armor.. and i'm in no hurry to pick up gamma or igor.

I really like this picture. Very reminiscent of the final battle in IM3. :clap

You lost a hulkbuster.

He gained his money back to do/buy other things he might want NOW instead of having somebody else holding it for him?

Timing plays a large role in collecting, at least for me. I had over $630 tied up in HB and gone thru 2 delays. Meanwhile, the P1 1/3 AK Batman came along. Batman is a major focus in my collection and the P1 is now my centerpiece. The complete refund paid for 2/3 of the statue at the time and is now paid off.

I paid my NRD & flex payments on good faith HT would deliver within a reasonable amount of time of their announced release date projection. This latest delay exceeds what I would consider reasonable and I am not comfortable having that amount of money tied up in a product that has now experienced multiple delays...especially since I know that I can still get it next year from 1 of 2 local LCS shops I have good relationships with.

I feel bad about the collectors who are going thru the delay and I salute those with the patience and intestinal fortitude to see it out. Truth be told, the delay worked out quite well for me. To each their own.

Wasn't Hot Toys supposed.to issue out a statement regarding the delay of the HB?

Thank you! That's sort of what I was going for. I really need to get a proper camera.

A real camera makes a world of difference. I rarely use my dslr for figure photos but when I do there's a massive difference in quality. And most people go for the best quality camera and stick with the included lenses(if you go with dslr) and it's much better to buy an older body and a nicer lens.

A real camera makes a world of difference. I rarely use my dslr for figure photos but when I do there's a massive difference in quality. And most people go for the best quality camera and stick with the included lenses(if you go with dslr) and it's much better to buy an older body and a nicer lens.

I used to be into photography back in high school and college.. Most of it was taking photos of and for bands. But I lost interest in it.

I just grabbed a cheap little digital camera and a $5 desk lamp.. We'll see how that works out.

13576681_10153628615332344_8055185568445699097_o.jpg
13558678_10153628615737344_6428844290030134105_o.jpg

Wow they are completely revamping the Hulkbuster to allow you to put a full 1:6 iron man inside. I'm so getting him now, I didn't think he was worth the price before but this is going look really good as a diorama display.

------

Wow they are completely revamping the Hulkbuster to allow you to put a full 1:6 iron man inside. I'm so getting him now, I didn't think he was worth the price before but this is going look really good as a diorama display.

No they don't. I think you're talking about the Kingarts one.

It's a brand new announcement just seconds ago. Here's what Hot Toys says:

"Today we are pleased to announce the Hot Toys 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure is getting revamped with further highly movie-accurate features and designs, including fans’ highly desired feature to put in Hot Toys 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XLIII collectible figure (not included) inside the Hulkbuster after removing the included Mark XLIII upper body; metal joints implementation in various parts of the inner frame; an all-new retracting helmet design so it is no longer needed to swap out the part and able to display the armor in different stages of suiting up, and updated gauntlet designs which further recreate the movie-accurate and highly detailed mechanical design of the gigantic machine’s powerful arm!

To facilitate all these incredible updates and phenomenal movie-accurate features that meet Hot Toys’ high quality standards, we are putting in our greatest efforts in the creation of this astonishing Hulkbuster collectible figure and the release date will be changed to Q2, 2017.

Once again we would like to thank our fans for the patience and support. Please stay tuned for the release of this truly stunning collectible figure that will surely become a remarkable centerpiece in your treasured collection!"

--------

Don't really care about putting a full mark 43 inside. I was hoping they can just improve on the abs & hip articulation for better dynamic poses. Atleast they will keep the mark 43 bust.

Wow... If there was a good reason for such a push back, this is it. Though I do still hope it comes with the jackhammer arm.

Back