1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a single figure I guess it's expensive if just looking at it in that context BUT it's not that expensive for what your going to be buying, how many figures do you know of where it takes your whole hand to wrap around/grip just the calf section of the leg? All the Iron Man figures I have, I can do that with my little finger so value for money is there & I can understand people not wanting to spend that much on one item, making out it's a bigger deal than it is though doesn't make sense to me? Basically it's the price of 3 Hot Toy Iron Man figures, at a push 4 if you get lots of discounts playing the waiting game..., buy it or don't buy it BUT don't pretend it's anything more than a pricier purchase (just me being real). :)

BBTS has a $100 NRD

Oh I didnt see that. I have it preorder but I guess they're going to come looking for the $100. Guess no preorder for me. Ill try to grab it at a convenient time for me but if it sells out Ill survive. As long as I get the regular Avengers line up Im good.

Last edited:
At one stage I thought I was going to get this, but with Popcultcha selling it at $1,299.99, I really don't know anymore. I thought it would be around $1K, but this may just be out of my price range.

Would be easier to swallow if Popcultcha had a better rewards system, but it maxes out at 10%. The next one down is $50 off.

I would love to have this, but just can't justify it. I have the RP's to cover the whole thing, too. This will be the first IM Armor I will be passing on. Congrats to all who get this awesome armor!

At one stage I thought I was going to get this, but with Popcultcha selling it at $1,299.99, I really don't know anymore. I thought it would be around $1K, but this may just be out of my price range.

Would be easier to swallow if Popcultcha had a better rewards system, but it maxes out at 10%. The next one down is $50 off.

I'm going to leave my final judgement till when I finally see the movie, I love the look of this beast but I have two problems with it price (Popculture is expensive & reward points don't help it) and space to a degree. Given that it doesn't come out till next year I could always put some savings away for it, will wait and see I guess.

But then again, I did just buy myself the Captain America, Superman and Batman PFs in the past week.

Nice work, haven't acquired the Batman PF my self yet, will get it sometime down the road.

9e9.gif

Seriously, someone suggested this would be #3 on possessions value list?? lolololol

I have no intention of ever, ever spending that amount of money on a single Sideshow/Hot Toy collectible (unless somehow a 1:1 or 1:2 of Nathan Drake ever comes out :) ), but I would run out of fingers just counting the number of electronic 'toys' in my living area that cost more than Hulkbuster alone..

Different strokes for different folks n all of that... For me it is an easy pass, but likewise I'm sure others would scoff at the idea of buying a Lego UCS Millenium Falcon... I don't have one, but believe me if it was easier to 'bricklink' the parts this far from Europe or America, I would seriously consider it...

Enlighten me big baller, what other single priceitems do you own over 900$? Wife's jewelry doesn't count

Unless your a statue or art collector, only things I can think of is a Mac pc, maybe a television, a watch, a lawn mower. In reality what percentage of people on this board can boast they have those things? If you do great, but percent wise it's only a few

consider it as what you get is a 21 inch figure plus a 1/6 scale mark 43 bust with full light-up features.
perhaps this would make you feel not so an evil act to place the order!

i have oredered the hulkbuster and have already made up my mind that since i got this i will not get the 1/4 scale mark 43.
but will definitely get the 1/6 scale mark 45! :yess:

People who collect HTs definitely have a reasonable income. Considering this figure is not coming out for over a year from now, to seems to me that it is certainly do-able to save that much between now and then. People complaining about this price tag just confuse me. Its one thing to not feel comfortable spending this kind of money on a single figure, but to simply say its just too expensive and you can't afford it, but then go on and say "oh id rather get 2 IM armors and Cap" .......

I have no plans on preordering this figure, so I don't have to make up my mind on it for another year or so. I'll save and when the time comes if I still want it I'll buy it, if not, the money will go someplace else.

HB is scheduled to be released in April - June 2016, which really means he will come out in October 2016. This is 18-19 months from now.

I was originally going to use my tax return to fund this, but what I plan on doing instead is setting aside $25 each paycheck (the cost of 3 fast food trips). That will be enough to afford this bad boy when it comes out. I feel this is the least painful way to go about it.

And to all of you who are saying you are on the fence about HB until you watch the film... who are you fooling? As soon as you walk out of the theater, you know damn well you're going to want this figure afterward. C'mon now. :lol

Yeah it's a high price but completely understandable. It's a one time use mold made from the ground up for the most popular movie of the year by the biggest studio in existence. Licensing fees are high, costs of production are high. If a figure that is standard 12 inches and is a standard body with a new head costs $250 then what does anyone expect at this point?

Saying "how is Raynor $500 then" is silly because while it is similar in it's unique design and complex production, the figure while huge is still far, far smaller than the HB.

A more apt question could go to items from 3A and 3Z, their larger robot offerings are half the price or less of this thing. But! 3Z runs their own production facilities and has always found a way to be the cheapest bang for buck in the business, time and time again they have been the exception and not the rule. So ultimately it's silly to point to a handful of products from one company and wonder why all the other companies can't figure out how to cost things out more efficiently. I'm betting some of them do too.

As many have pointed out, this is not a cheap hobby and given how many Iron Man armors come out clearly a whole lot of you can afford this. By the time this comes out this will be the equivalent of 3 standard armors and will take up more space than 3 of them posed together. If you only own 2 or 3 HT figures, sure, I could see someone freaking out about this. But I know plenty of you bastards have detolfs covering a wall in your house and this should be no big deal.

Well yeah they do but I won't be displaying it that way so its of little consequence to me, but I agree but its quite cheap and boring, something like this would have been better
Trixster_dev_Mark42InnerChestBack_v003_highRes.jpg

Don't know why I even kidded myself for half a day yesterday, I was always going to order this thing, so I just pulled the trigger. Took about 100 off with reward points, and once my other orders come in (hopefully all within the next few months), my calendar is wide open for this guy. Like I've said before, Iron Man was my main focus so its not as if I'll be getting Captain, Thor, Hawkeye, etc.

Even if it does go on sale at some point down the road like some people predict, I like having it hanging over my head right now so I can start adjusting my current spending habits (which are a little bit out of whack at the moment...) for the longer term.

Enlighten me big baller, what other single priceitems do you own over 900$? Wife's jewelry doesn't count

Unless your a statue or art collector, only things I can think of is a Mac pc, maybe a television, a watch, a lawn mower. In reality what percentage of people on this board can boast they have those things? If you do great, but percent wise it's only a few

I'm guess you must be an unmarried youngster because when you have been married for 20+ years and own a house, you acquire a ton of items that cost far more then $900

I'm not meaning to insult you but that statement was just odd. I'm think the percent is the other way, meaning that this would be the 3rd most expensive possession for just a small percent of this forum.

What surprises me the most about this thread is that there seem to be a lot of people who don't get the concept of saving. Or maybe it's more about the "gotta have it now" syndrome or lack of patience. This figure is not going away. And it even isn't available until over a year from now. If you normally put aside money for this hobby, you can certainly figure out how to get this if you really want it.

I'm guess you must be an unmarried youngster because when you have been married for 20+ years and own a house, you acquire a ton of items that cost far more then $900
I'm not meaning to insult you but that statement was just odd. I'm think the percent is the other way, meaning that this would be the 3rd most expensive possession for just a small percent of this forum.

My graphics card costs almost as much as Hulkbuster

I never had any intention of getting this, just too much for me. but i have been teasing this to my wife for the past few weeks and even got her to say, "Maybe."

I then showed her the price tag. She literally looked at me and laughed. I guess its not worth one mortgage payment to her.

:lol

Back