1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this. $80 is a but much for a NRD, though understandable based on what this thing is. If this figure is as good as or better than Igor, then it will be awesome. That NRD might be a problem to manage for some if other orders are already locked in with payments. Gonna wait on this one for a while, just like Ultron.

As much as Mighty Ape are my go-to online store for pretty much everything, they are even more expensive than shipping from popculture in Aus....

considering

Baby Groot = $110NZ
Mk XIII = $599NZ
Igor = $830NZ

and most recently Thanos =$749NZ

to buy this locally won't be any less than $1500 if they get it in stock, lol.... Hell, I could import Prime One Bumblebee for that...

I'll definitely stick to my Arnie and Iron Man preorders.... that's not to say I would mind a few Guardians and Avengers figures though...

Yes, I've seen this site. Some of their prices are outrageous. Then there are the odd figures that are cheaper than PopCultcha. Only benefit of Pop is they do have some sort of reward point system. Though it's not nearly as good as Sideshow's is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Igor is a rip off for $500 compared to this for $800. I will happily buy Hulkbuster when he comes out but not laying out $80-100 NOW when it is 14+ months from release- it's not like they are going to be hard to get upon release!

People keep saying it will not be hard to get upon released. But they do not get that pre-orders are there for a reason and most companies do not take in more than their pre-order amount, at most (depending on the company size eg. sideshow vs a lcs) from a handful to a few crates more. HT will also produce them according to PO numbers plus maybe a little more to sell at retail. But that is it. Especially considering the size, this will be hard to get. I would say get it now if you like this.

Last edited:
Igor is a rip off for $500 compared to this for $800. I will happily buy Hulkbuster when he comes out but not laying out $80-100 NOW when it is 14+ months from release- it's not like they are going to be hard to get upon release!

I for one wish that HT would just release figures same time they release the pics...wishful thinking but the waits are painful. Regarding expensive hobbies, toys rate pretty low for me. Gadget, watches, Hifi, clothing, car modding, travelling all cost more. Don't think bbeing married is any cheaper. Just going partying costs more in HK. Large bottle of grey goose at any HK nightclub costs more than HB...just saying...:dunno

Very true statement about preorders. Imagine SSC only ordering like 200. At close to 1k each and the size, there may not be many of these in the warehouse, I doubt there gonna order 1000 hulkbusters.

Lol. This talk about supposed future rarity is hilarious. What was the last rare and sought after HT piece? You can find almost anything at retail or under, anytime.
Ah yeah, Hawkeye. A crappy B-lister that for a while went for some money 'cause people needed him to complete the team. It's being redone too now.
I mean, anybody spends their money like they want, but no need to come up with any excuse possible and imaginable to justify the purchase. Talking of HT and rarity is ridicolous. This thing will end up like the various Batmobiles and Tumblers and Iron Mongers and Igors being plenty available at retail or less in any shop or in the secondary market.

So.... I think Sideshow priced this for a reason... The Hulk was $275, $25 less than the previous release which surprised everyone. But then lo and behold, HulkBuster is $825... Anybody do the math?? I remember everyone saying it could hit $1000 (I always said $750-$800, close). And I'm sure with all the Avengers/Iron Man collectors they would want both (with those that passed on 1st Hulk, or completest's who must have both). So there you have it.... $825 + $275 = $1100... There's your $1000 2pk :clap I've spent a lot of money on frivolous stuff in my life, collecting for 30+ years, But still have never spent more than $500 I think on a single collectible item. Of course there's my Home theater gear which is in the 10's of thousands (but that's what I used to do for a living)... but I don't include that, that's a necessity to me. :)

AFX has it up now, $759. Probably best option for West coasters, they quoted $20+ shipping to me in Socal (which sounds ridiculously low). Fanboy Collectibles has this at $760, they're in CT, might be best option for East coasters but they don't charge shipping until it's in stock so they could ream you there.

Although I pre-ordered this already, it did sour me greatly against Sideshow or Hot Toys. I just don't understand the $200.00 jump on the figure from HK prices. It can't be the size of the figure taking more space in the shipping containers. Ultron, Hulk or even the 89 batmobile was a huge space eater and those are all below $600.00. I just don't see what complexity this figure delivers that would account for an almost %30 jump in price. The only thing that would make sense would be if there was a full Mark 42 figure inside there.

People keep saying it will not be hard to get upon released. But they do not get that pre-orders are there for a reason and most companies do not take in more than their pre-order amount, at most (depending on the company size eg. sideshow vs a lcs) from a handful to a few crates more. HT will also produce them according to PO numbers plus maybe a little more to sell at retail. But that is it. Especially considering the size, this will be hard to get. I would say get it now if you like this.

Very true statement about preorders. Imagine SSC only ordering like 200. At close to 1k each and the size, there may not be many of these in the warehouse, I doubt there gonna order 1000 hulkbusters.

I'm sure those who have zero doubts in their mind will PO right now and be really pumped! But that said, I don't think those who hold off until after the movie, or even after the summer will have many problems. I'm sure once the film is out there will be another influx of orders, and Hot Toys knows Iron Man is a huge seller, so I don't see them not getting all they can out of this design.

His price will definitely rule some people out (as we've clearly seen here, be it too pricey or just a desire to spend on other products) but there's no way Sideshow will just order 200 of these :lol I don't think he'll be going on major sales to liquidate stock, but I do believe he'll be around for those who are saving up a bit or waiting on rewards points for him.

Although I pre-ordered this already, it did sour me greatly against Sideshow or Hot Toys. I just don't understand the $200.00 jump on the figure from HK prices. It can't be the size of the figure taking more space in the shipping containers. Ultron, Hulk or even the 89 batmobile was a huge space eater and those are all below $600.00. I just don't see what complexity this figure delivers that would account for an almost %30 jump in price. The only thing that would make sense would be if there was a full Mark 42 figure inside there.

may be the weight of the HB makes the difference. its 6kg in weight,
and i think its much heavier than the ultron and hulk. thus the higher shipping cost.

may be the weight of the HB makes the difference. its 6kg in weight,
and i think its much heavier than the ultron and hulk. thus the higher shipping cost.

Weight doesn't impact on shipping costs. They depend on volumetric weight, which depends on the actual weight AND the box measures, whichever is higher. Just consider that a package like the one of the Tumbler could weight 1 or 15 kgs and it wouldn't change a thing in shipping costs.

I usually collect only the 'main' IM armors, example Mark I, II, III, IV, V, 42, 43, etc. and not really the 'side' armors, example Heartbreaker, Hot Rod, Igor, etc. I still think Hulkbuster is a 'side' armor and don't need it in my collection as much. But it's so big and cool looking that it would make a hell of a conversation piece on display! Need to watch the movie first and think about whether or not to spend $1K. :impatient:

I need some extra opinions here. Should i sell mk.42, starboost and silver centurion for the hulkbuster? I have mk.43, mk.3 on pre-order and will definitely be getting the mk.45 when it goes up. I also own mk.7. Im really boring when it comes to the suits, i like my red and gold colors.

I need some extra opinions here. Should i sell mk.42, starboost and silver centurion for the hulkbuster? I have mk.43, mk.3 on pre-order and will definitely be getting the mk.45 when it goes up. I also own mk.7. Im really boring when it comes to the suits, i like my red and gold colors.

Just IMO but I'd keep Silver Centurion and sell the rest to get HB if you're seriously considering this path. I'm a sucker for adaptations of the classic comic armors. You definitely would need a classic red & gold IM in your collection though!

Id keep SC as well. Tony did wear it and it has a HS. Starboost looks really good though. If you only can keep one Id say keep 42 and sell the other 2.

Back