1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the idiot price I've ever seen for a toy. Bigger should not multiply the price by 4. Fools, hope no one orders it and they learn a lesson.

Yeah because 825 is 4 times as large as 425. I see why you are having an issue. Math.

It's not just that it's possibly the largest action figure ever created, but that it's immensly detailed, complexly engineered, licensed, limited production run, and zero resuse promise. Maybe they use it in the films again. But people won't be any more inclined to buy that if not this.

And why people are surprised is mind blowing. It's right about at the average of guesstimates. If this price surprises you then you where not paying attention or lied to yourself.

Looks like we'll have a snow day tomorrow so I'll get to think about this all day. I'll most likely pull the trigger...but it's not gonna be easy.

safe_image.jpg

I'm definitely getting this but not going to PO for a few months as i have a lot of RP coming. The price is about what i expected but still a hard to justify, I paid $400 for the SSC Hulkbuster shipped and it's almost the same size as this. With the size, sticker shock and what looks like low PO i could see this ending up like Fury or Hawkeye with HT doing a very low production run. Still I am really looking forward to having this in my collection.

No doubt it's still very pricey, but with conversion and GST, it'd be $975 from Toy Square (and hopefully by the time this comes out, all our currencies have recovered somewhat [emoji14]ray:). Still have shipping and provincial tax, depending on location but $300.00 is still a big difference. Could also get it from Animarket for $923, all in. Their EMS (I believe) shipping seems to evade duties, taxes and brokerage fees here.
No....we just got an additional 12% hst to worry about in Toronto. It's okay but I don't wanna pay it all in one shot. I preordered from Sideshow. I'd estimate everything is paid off in 8 months. The customs charges shouldn't be anything to worry about by the time it ships.

Man this companies may think that customers just shake the trees on their garden an rolls of money fall from them $800 plus for this figure good luck ... pass ill wait for sideshow ironman figure instead.

And if you think the price is outrageous take something to a paint shop or ask online what a custom paint job costs. This will have nearly the same amount of paint as most motorcycles. Not counting the add on and frame. Just the tank fender fairings ect. And even a cheap one of those at a respray is a grand. All at solid single colors.

Or see how much a custom statue repaint for a two foot tall one would cost. Or heck, two bowens.

There is about 15-16 months before this even drops, I'm sure most of us in here can afford to stash away 50$ a month till then, with the amount of time we have before this drops, the price is NOT that crazy....if this was dropping next month I can see the hesitation and panic and dissapointment with the price.....but over a year to prep for it?...YA really over reacting....is this the same forum where we all spend 200+ on plastic dolls time after time?

There is about 15-16 months before this even drops, I'm sure most of us in here can afford to stash away 50$ a month till then, with the amount of time we have before this drops, the price is NOT that crazy....if this was dropping next month I can see the hesitation and panic and dissapointment with the price.....but over a year to prep for it?...YA really over reacting....is this the same forum where we all spend 200+ on plastic dolls time after time?

:goodpost:

Another new guy question. At SSC, is the NRD in addition to the $824.99...are we paying $907.49 for the figure (plus shipping)? I've never ordered anything with an NRD and that's the way I'm reading it.

For me, this was a no brainer given the new focus on the marvel/ DC movies only.

Thank God for flexpay!!!

I agree with this but I think what folks are also wrestling with is the aggregate of having Hulkbuster on pre-order along with say 8 or 10 other Avengers characters, and then maybe some other figures from other lines (*coughs* Star Wars *coughs*). $90/month is no big deal if you are ordering one figure, but depending on how things align one could have quite a few months of $300.00+ worth of payments going to toys. I know I for one will be really happy to be out of a few lines (like RoboCop, Terminator or LOTR) once I have the last of what I need from them.

Another new guy question. At SSC, is the NRD in addition to the $824.99...are we paying $907.49 for the figure (plus shipping)? I've never ordered anything with an NRD and that's the way I'm reading it.
No, NRD comes off the $825.00. But honestly I'd wait to pre-order. Sometime in the next 15 months SSC will offer some incentive to order this, like double-reward points or whatnot. Definitely not something I'd jump on day one.

Last edited:
Dates are set (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th, I believe) but you can choose the number of payments. The closer it gets to release, the less you can break-up the payments. Right now you can break it up into 8 instalments (if you want... you can also choose less) but say by release you'd have to pay in 3 or 4, tops.

Dates are set (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th, I believe) but you can choose the number of payments. The closer it gets to release, the less you can break-up the payments. Right now you can break it up into 9 instalments (if you want... you can also choose less) but say by release you'd have to pay in 3 or 4, tops.

That's not bad, still not buying though, lol

There is so much they can do with pricing, like why not offer an early bird price to order now with a larger nrd. Than bank all that money to enure you have X sales?

Just a thought for their more pricer pieces that tend to dwell after the fact

Back