1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's my feeling too. It makes sense to me to reward the day-one pre-orderers (and literally make it a 24 hr window or less, to infuse it with a bit of anticipation and anxiousness to order) rather than encourage customers to hold-off. I like the feeling of securing a day one pre-order, but that's literally the only incentive one has to do so. For a big piece like this I would definitely wait. I'm not stingy when it comes to these figures but missing out on say 10 $20 coupons and 3 or 4 double-rewards offers adds up.

I agree with this but I think what folks are also wrestling with is the aggregate of having Hulkbuster on pre-order along with say 8 or 10 other Avengers characters, and then maybe some other figures from other lines (*coughs* Star Wars *coughs*). $90/month is no big deal if you are ordering one figure, but depending on how things align one could have quite a few months of $300.00+ worth of payments going to toys. I know I for one will be really happy to be out of a few lines (like RoboCop, Terminator or LOTR) once I have the last of what I need from them.

No, NRD comes off the $825.00. But honestly I'd wait to pre-order. Sometime in the next 15 months SSC will offer some incentive to order this, like double-reward points or whatnot. Definitely not something I'd jump on day one.

We all want more, then just learn to prioritize, complaining about the price of this when in perspective to usual pricing for majority of HT is really not that bad, is the wrong way to go about it and makes a lot of you sound like hypocritical spoiled brats...if you think about it is 200$ a reasonable price for any of these plastic dolls!?...this is an expensive hobby no matter which way you cut it, stop your crying.

We all want more, then just learn to prioritize, complaining about the price of this when in perspective to usual pricing for majority of HT is really not that bad, is the wrong way to go about it and makes a lot of you sound like hypocritical spoiled brats...if you think about it is 200$ a reasonable price for any of these plastic dolls!?...this is an expensive hobby no matter which way you cut it, stop your crying.
Holy smokes, don't think you've read many of my posts or you'd know I don't have a problem with the price, just trying to see it from all perspectives. Your post is probably the most self-entitled I've read in the entire thread. Good job on totally missing the point. :lol

This'll be delayed again and again, I promise you.
15 month pre-order seems unusual even for HT. It feels like they're a long way away from being able to showcase basics like articulation, for example, so I'd bet we'll see lots of delays.

There is about 15-16 months before this even drops, I'm sure most of us in here can afford to stash away 50$ a month till then, with the amount of time we have before this drops, the price is NOT that crazy....if this was dropping next month I can see the hesitation and panic and dissapointment with the price.....but over a year to prep for it?...YA really over reacting....is this the same forum where we all spend 200+ on plastic dolls time after time?

I agree that those who want it have plenty of time to stash away a reasonable amount of money each month, but that doesn't make the price less crazy or expensive, it just makes it more manageable! :lol That's a good thing for those who want it, but just because there's a year or so to save up doesn't change the final cost of all that is being spent in the end ;)

Holy smokes, don't think you've read many of my posts or you'd know I don't have a problem with the price, just trying to see it from all perspectives. Your post is probably the most self-entitled I've read in the entire thread. Good job on totally missing the point. :lol

15 month pre-order seems unusual even for HT. It feels like they're a long way away from being able to showcase basics like articulation, for example, so I'd bet we'll see lots of delays.

I wasn't really talking directly to you bro...just in general man... :lol

Was hoping this wouldn't be more than $750. This will be $1200 to buy locally and I don't think I can justify that price at this stage.

Funny how we get a cheaper than expected Hulk, yet Hulkbuster ends up over the $800 mark. I think they took the extra cost of Hulk and added it to Hulkbuster lol.

Edit: $1300 on Popcultcha lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as Mighty Ape are my go-to online store for pretty much everything, they are even more expensive than shipping from popculture in Aus....

considering

Baby Groot = $110NZ
Mk XIII = $599NZ
Igor = $830NZ

and most recently Thanos =$749NZ

to buy this locally won't be any less than $1500 if they get it in stock, lol.... Hell, I could import Prime One Bumblebee for that...

I'll definitely stick to my Arnie and Iron Man preorders.... that's not to say I would mind a few Guardians and Avengers figures though...

I wasn't really talking directly to you bro...just in general man... :lol
Lol, all good. :duff

Ordered but hoping the wife doesn't see this $$$$
Sadly, I think we've all been in this spot. :lol Look at it this way, take her out for dinner or whatnot once a month less and the thing pays for itself. True, it's a shared sacrifice for something that only benefits you, but marriage is all about compromise, after all! :lol

It was 16 months from when i ordered my 89 Batmobile until it shipped. And just like the Batmobile, this is something i'm going to order and forget about until i get the shipping soon email from SSC

Wow, the hysteria is at an all time high on here.

I just need to get a few comments off my chest.

Someone posted that other then a car and house, this would be the most expensive thing most of us would own??????? No Not really.

Comparing this to a 1/4 Scale figure such as Boba Fett is ridiculous. HB will have 10x the number of part plus all of the lighting, even the Mark 43 Bust has light up eyes and a light up arc reactor.

Complaining about an NDR on a n $850 figure is hilarious.

The people saying Hot Toys will not make many of these because it is so expensive clearly do not understand the mechanics of retail sales. In order to sell this at the listed price Hot Toys is going to HAVE to make a lot of these.

To all the people complaining about SSC mark up, I can guarantee more then half of it will go to shipping and import duties.

I could go on but what's the point

Wow, the hysteria is at an all time high on here.

I just need to get a few comments off my chest.

Someone posted that other then a car and house, this would be the most expensive thing most of us would own??????? No Not really.
t

Seriously, someone suggested this would be #3 on possessions value list?? lolololol

I have no intention of ever, ever spending that amount of money on a single Sideshow/Hot Toy collectible (unless somehow a 1:1 or 1:2 of Nathan Drake ever comes out :) ), but I would run out of fingers just counting the number of electronic 'toys' in my living area that cost more than Hulkbuster alone..

Different strokes for different folks n all of that... For me it is an easy pass, but likewise I'm sure others would scoff at the idea of buying a Lego UCS Millenium Falcon... I don't have one, but believe me if it was easier to 'bricklink' the parts this far from Europe or America, I would seriously consider it...

Love Iron Man, but this is definitely a wait and see for me. Gotta wait and see the movie, then wait and see if there are any articulation on this bad boy! :thud:

I did the BBTS preorder thing but Im going to wait and see also. If the fight is epic Ill probably drop the coin.

Back