1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had any intention of getting this, just too much for me. but i have been teasing this to my wife for the past few weeks and even got her to say, "Maybe."

I then showed her the price tag. She literally looked at me and laughed. I guess its not worth one mortgage payment to her.

:lol
but maybe means Yes :wink1:

No one on this thread has to justify their reason to purchase or not to anyone for starters. It's YOUR money! Gotta say that I do find it interesting some of the reasoning. The one that is really interesting to me, is the notion of seeing the movie before you buy (I'm NOT judging nor criticizing, it's just interesting).

To me, if you like a figure, you like the figure. I look at HB and think WOW! this thing is truly a work of art and a serious piece of engineering, and I'm not a huge IM fan. There are plenty of figures that do or don't fair well in movies, but that doesn't lessen it's artistic value and craftsmanship. Do people think their friends are going to make fun of them because HB got his*** whipped and they purchased the figure? I would bet that in AOU, Vision doesn't play that big of a role, yet many people are going to love it.

This figure will certainly be WAY better than Igor and "he" was $500+ at SSC...I'm just sayin.

No one on this thread has to justify their reason to purchase or not to anyone for starters. It's YOUR money! Gotta say that I do find it interesting some of the reasoning. The one that is really interesting to me, is the notion of seeing the movie before you buy (I'm NOT judging nor criticizing, it's just interesting).

To me, if you like a figure, you like the figure. I look at HB and think WOW! this thing is truly a work of art and a serious piece of engineering, and I'm not a huge IM fan. There are plenty of figures that do or don't fair well in movies, but that doesn't lessen it's artistic value and craftsmanship. Do people think their friends are going to make fun of them because HB got his*** whipped and they purchased the figure? I would bet that in AOU, Vision doesn't play that big of a role, yet many people are going to love it.

Yea I've never understood that mentality. Well the movie sucks so this amazing piece of artistic craftsmanship is now a piece of turd just like the film. The design is still insanely impressive and just to look at this thing every day in my room is worth having it for whether or not the film sucks or the character sucks.

:goodpost: I also thought the "have to see the movie first" statement was...interesting. I agree with you 1000%, it's a damned fine piece of engineering and will be a pleasure to look at and have in my collection. I'm sure it won't survive the movie but that doesn't mean I want it any less.

I'm guess you must be an unmarried youngster because when you have been married for 20+ years and own a house, you acquire a ton of items that cost far more then $900

I'm not meaning to insult you but that statement was just odd. I'm think the percent is the other way, meaning that this would be the 3rd most expensive possession for just a small percent of this forum.

Married with two kids and do quite well actually but that wasn't my point and apologies for the big baller comment.

I was talking individual items, the graphics card was a good example, yes my furniture is more than 900$, appliances also but that falls under home to me.

I was speaking of specific items for a man. Like a watch, suit, jacket, sport item, stuff like that. How many people have items like that over 900$, maybe I'm naive but think it's very limited

This would be the most expensive collectible I own by a mile

Yea I've never understood that mentality. Well the movie sucks so this amazing piece of artistic craftsmanship is now a piece of turd just like the film. The design is still insanely impressive and just to look at this thing every day in my room is worth having it for whether or not the film sucks or the character sucks.

That stands out to me as an odd thing to say too, you either like something or you don't..., it's a proper Iron Man suit anyway so seeing the movie makes no difference to my way of thinking & we all know it'll be good anyway. :)

I think everyone should chill out for a sec and think with a little bit of perspective.

People can appreciate figures for their craftsmanship and artistry, and people can appreciate figures based on their personal bias for a certain character that they think are awesome. I mean really, what's there to "understand"? It's as simple as "I like character X more than Y so I'm a bit biased towards X". :dunno

That's why I'm getting both hulk and HulkBuster. We know someone is gonna get their ass kicked. I want to set up some awesome poses for this badass battle
261fd1cf6c09946bdbd27474a0bff828.jpg

I took a couple steps back when I saw the price but put my flex pay preorder in.....and WOW!!! Sideshow didn't waste anytime charging for that NRD!!! It usually takes more like 48 hours before NRDs are charged to my account. This one was within hours. Anyway, I look at it this way....Hulkbuster like many of HT Armors is a one off....and will probably never make an appearance again. So what you see is what you get. I may be wrong, HT may release a "battle damaged" version later but at this price I's be surprised.

I think everyone should chill out for a sec and think with a little bit of perspective.

People can appreciate figures for their craftsmanship and artistry, and people can appreciate figures based on their personal bias for a certain character that they think are awesome. I mean really, what's there to "understand"? It's as simple as "I like character X more than Y so I'm a bit biased towards X". :dunno

You are correct as well! Again just found that interesting !:)

I took a couple steps back when I saw the price but put my flex pay preorder in.....and WOW!!! Sideshow didn't waste anytime charging for that NRD!!! It usually takes more like 48 hours before NRDs are charged to my account. This one was within hours. Anyway, I look at it this way....Hulkbuster like many of HT Armors is a one off....and will probably never make an appearance again. So what you see is what you get. I may be wrong, HT may release a "battle damaged" version later but at this price I's be surprised.

not a chance :lol

Just pulled the trigger at SSC and I'm even more pumped; now I have a year to work on the display and will certainly take my time to give it the home it deserves! :yess: Have no interest in purchasing a Hulk cause for me it's all about the machine; that and the rubber covered armature scares the crap out of me.

Ew, logic!!

I0tS4pB.gif

:lol

Back