1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure (Toy Sou

Best. Cap. Figure. Ever.

This will be mine. If I can only get one AOU figure... it will be Cap.

Yep, love this design. Glad Hot Toys is throwing things out early these days.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure (Toy Sou

Weren't they considering releasing a 1/4 Captain America at one pint?
I hate to complain about IM but of course that's what the 1/4 is. Not that it matters much... I'll probably never get a 1/4 scale. Don't have the space for that size, lol.

The boot design is terrible. Man they are ugly.

They remind me of hooves...

I really like how the shield doesn't have straps and that it is magnetic or something but I'm interested to see how HT pulls it off

Good lot that is a good figure. I was perfectly happy with my Avengers Capt. But I need this...

He just looks more... Commando now. It's a nice mix of TA version, which is very much 'superhero'... and the SS, which is more 'soldier'.

10858409_1004752432872229_8756534054528614445_n.jpg

Is the shield matte? Not glossy like previous capt?

I have not yet gotten a cap figure as I waited to long for the GA and wait list never converted....but this is one I won't miss. This is how Cap looked in my head. It's great. One of the best Cap figures ever. I really like it.

The boot design is terrible. Man they are ugly.

They remind me of hooves...

You mean his covering spats? What little you can see of them his boots look like generic tactical footwear.

Is the helmet the same as the STRIKE suit helmet but with the wings colored silver? I can't really tell through pics, though it looks very similar... I'm not complaining, I think the helmet design is perfect. Just curious.

Will wait to see more of this figure before making judgement and I will PO day 1 but in hand pics will settle this for me, as I can no longer trust HT prototype pictures anymore

I'm buying it no matter what. Love the suit and sculpts. I'm sure he will come with either a broken shield, another HS, and the basics. This will be my chance to get the great Evans HS instead of having to go to evilbay to find one for my GA cap.

I cancelled Strike two pack opting for this instead. I anticipate a Roger's head sculpt, if not civilian one will work fine

Is the helmet the same as the STRIKE suit helmet but with the wings colored silver? I can't really tell through pics, though it looks very similar... I'm not complaining, I think the helmet design is perfect. Just curious.

Yeah it is exactly the same with that slight paint change, the prop maker types picked up on that pretty quick from the early images from the set

I'd be interested to see how many people cancel on Igor once Hulkbuster pics are shown from this show. Also curious if the same is true with Cap - if they show pics of the AoU suit before the Stealth suit figures ship.....I wonder if there will be a lot of cancellations?

I see this possibly happening as well.

I had to return my goal to the realistic collecting rule of 1 version per character, so I'm contemplating this one over the Stealth purely because this one, while based on the Stealth design, is his own uniform, doesn't represent SHIELD, and has the red in it.

But I want that Evans sculpt from the two pack. Like, really, really bad. I like to display my figures maskless.

Back