1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having AoU Cap for about 3 years now and CW Cap for almost 2 years, I'd say that the main thing that CW Cap has going for it over AoU Cap is poseability and the knee pads.

Suit wise, I think they're about the same. AoU is a bit more colorful though. Shield wise, AoU is much easier to work with and more convenient; however, the shield with straps on it is a bit more "classic" Cap so to speak, since his shield usually has straps on it. Body wise, I personally think the proportions of the AoU figure are a bit more accurate to Chris Evans' physique. The upper body on CW Cap (MMS350 at least) I feel is a bit too bulky. Sculpt wise, I think the masked sculpt of the AoU Cap is better, though I can understand why they included the swappable faceplate sculpt being that would have been the third time in a row they recycled both masked sculpt as well as the unmasked sculpt for the last three Cap figures. The gritted teeth faceplate provides something a bit different.

If one wants either AoU or CW Cap and then IW Cap, I'd probably go with the pair of AoU Cap (with the masked sculpt) and IW Cap in lieu of CW Cap and IW Cap.

Thanks for all the info.

What do you mean about the knees?

It’s a shame it’s not as posable , but I too don’t really do any overly elaborate poses, so it’s not a huge deal, but it’s nice to have options sometimes.

The shield I’ve heard is better or at least more convienent on the AoU one, and that’s a plus for me, the magnets are a huge win, I’m not a fan of the Boba Fett deluxe I have and how annoying the non magnetic jet pack is to put and keep on. Sure the straps are probably more iconic like, but it’s not a bad trade off for me personally on that.

I will find it a little bit of a missed opportunity if we don’t see a more classic color cap again, but I had to make sure I got one. The IW one is fine, but for me personally it makes a better companion piece to a more “classic” look. Not sure if I’ll budget that one in or not, next year is already looking to be very expensive lol

Thanks for all the info.

What do you mean about the knees?

It’s a shame it’s not as posable , but I too don’t really do any overly elaborate poses, so it’s not a huge deal, but it’s nice to have options sometimes.

The shield I’ve heard is better or at least more convienent on the AoU one, and that’s a plus for me, the magnets are a huge win, I’m not a fan of the Boba Fett deluxe I have and how annoying the non magnetic jet pack is to put and keep on. Sure the straps are probably more iconic like, but it’s not a bad trade off for me personally on that.

I will find it a little bit of a missed opportunity if we don’t see a more classic color cap again, but I had to make sure I got one. The IW one is fine, but for me personally it makes a better companion piece to a more “classic” look. Not sure if I’ll budget that one in or not, next year is already looking to be very expensive lol

No matter how you pose the legs the knee pads do their own thing and point in crazy directions.

No matter how you pose the legs the knee pads do their own thing and point in crazy directions.

Yeah it's a pain trying to keep those things centered properly. If I decide to keep this one, one of my mods will be taking in the pant legs a bit to make them less baggy, and hopefully that would make the kneepads easier to work with as well.

Interestingly enough atm, I just opened him and his knee pads don’t go off all crazy to the sides, but instead stay straight and make and leg angles look weird lol.

The elbow pad fell off, is that ok to glue? Does that ruin the figure in anyway? What glue should I use?

The wrist pegs are so annoying, they pull all the way out or have trouble locking in when I change them. I’ve never had this issue with a hot toys before, but I think I’ve just been lucky as I’ve seen it to be common place here maybe?

But it’s not all in error. I think the sculpt is good, and he really pops, especially in the detolf.

The condescending eyes to the side is a nice touch over the normal deadpan stare. And I like they included a mask with the two headsculpts.

Also, I’m not a big fan of the window boxes for CW and AoU. Maybe it’s just because I started on Star Wars and IronMan armors, but they feel cheap and flimsy to me.

I’m sure I’ll have more later.

The other thing I'm not really liking are those big wide boots. For some reason they remind me of the cheap plastic boots you'd see on an old 12" Hasbro figure.

I'm definitely preferring the look of the CW boots now.

To me this is the definitive clean Cap, the definitive dirty Cap is the IW Cap...

For me the CW suit gets the nod for the definitive clean version. IMO, losing the white on the arms & the red highlights near the chest star gives him more of a presence. The Strike Suit is still my favorite, probably because I associate it with his being so badass on the Lemurian Star.

For me the CW suit gets the nod for the definitive clean version. IMO, losing the white on the arms & the red highlights near the chest star gives him more of a presence. The Strike Suit is still my favorite, probably because I associate it with his being so badass on the Lemurian Star.

That's precisely one of the main reasons why between GA Cap and SS Cap, I kept SS Cap as my Cap representative for my TWS display when I was selling off most of my TWS figures. I just have WS, BW and SS Cap. SS Cap pairs well with TWS BW.

Little AOU cap cause why not.
IMG_20180505_093613_390.jpg

Secretly still hoping for a Strike Suit Cap with the Civil War body/padding and articulation.

Does anyone have a picture of aou cap with the red gloves and boots from avengers?

There's several in this thread somewhere. Unfortunately I lost a lot of random photos I had saved on my old laptop when the HD crashed. So I no longer have them to post for you.

There's several in this thread somewhere. Unfortunately I lost a lot of random photos I had saved on my old laptop when the HD crashed. So I no longer have them to post for you.

I searched over 60 pages and nothing. Wish I had saved them.

Back