1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite as well. Still like the others though. Really dig the angry face on the CW version.

I was luckily able to pick this AoU Cap up for retail this week. Great figure.

Great get. I found it for $300 and I'm really happy with it.

I had purchased a Civil War version for $275 on ebay, but it had some issues so I'm reselling it and will continue to try to find a good condition one at a reasonable price. Seems virtually impossible.

I just got a Civil War Cap from a local shop and I really like it. I prefer the magnetic features of AoU Cap but I like the Civil War suit & head sculpts better.

I just got a Civil War Cap from a local shop and I really like it. I prefer the magnetic features of AoU Cap but I like the Civil War suit & head sculpts better.

Awesome ! Magnetic shield is perhaps functionally better but I also heard that there were issues with the red/blue transfer on the shield flaking off over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shield flake was with the A1 electroplated shield. Don’t think it’s an issue with the newer figures

The shield flake was with the A1 electroplated shield. Don’t think it’s an issue with the newer figures

I don't know about that. I researched between AoU and Civil War and definitely recall people saying it was an issue on the AoU version. Part of the reason I went for the Civil War version.

If it happened then it was a very minor problem. I know people talked about it being a potential issue. Happens every new release. It’s like people asking about pink panties on the mk6 even though it’s a different material. The AoU and CW shields are painted, there’s no reason they should flake and peel. The A1 did it due to the electroplating not bonding with the pot metal. Outside of the handles the AoU and CW shields are identical, so if one where to flake they both would. As would the WS as it’s identical just different color paint.

Damn, I'm really kicking myself now for passing up this figure at a local toy con a month ago. Guy had it for just $240 which seems like a steal these days! I wasn't feeling interested enough at the time, but after rewatching AOU I'm suddenly loving the costume a whole lot more now. :banghead

I know what you mean. I had this n preorder at Sideshow, but then decided to cancel at the last minute. Still kicking myself.

With any luck I will revive a legit version of one of these tomorrow. I ordered one weeks ago from a china eBay seller, and they said they sent one without tracking that never showed, so I’m not really sure if they did. Then they sent another with tracking and better shipping, and whatever was sent will likely be here tomorrow. I am a bit nervous. Especially after the Civil War Cap I bought from another China seller never showed up and I had to get refunded. Really should have made sure to grab him at retail lol

Yeah I'm really torn right now. I just picked this guy up yesterday as I thought I was finally settled on getting this over the CW Cap... but then that Cap suddenly became available for a decent price and I couldn't resist buying him too. :p

As far as the movies go, I definitely prefer the look of the suit in AOU with it's more eye-catching design, but as far as the figures go, the CW Cap seems to look best in every comparison I've seen. And looks closest to what you actually see on screen. And even if I make a bunch of mods to the AOU figure to try to bring it closer to the movie, the CW would probably still be the better looking figure. So unfortunately it looks like I won't be keeping this one for very long.

It's definitely a great looking figure though, and I really do love that magnetic shield.

20180501_200700 (534x925).jpg

20180501_200558 (523x925).jpg

Do this and the CW version share the same Poseability and overall figure quality? I know the CW has a expression swap face, and the suit colorings different. But is the AoU one still on par with it? If that makes any sense lol. Since it’s a “older” figure I guess I mean.

I don't have the CW one yet, but from all the reviews I've seen, it does appear to be a lot more poseable. The AOU Cap seems pretty stiff and it's hard to bend the arms very far. Although I tend to prefer museum poses anyway so that's not a big problem for me. The quality of the outfit otherwise looks to be pretty close though.

The one place where the AOU has it beat in my opinion is the masked head. The CW one just looks a bit too long and narrow for my taste, so I'll probably be selling that one off and using an AOU one for it instead.

Back