1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where I can find a spare shield for this? I found an eBay listing for a pretty good price but it's got a slight chip on the shield and I know it's gonna bug me

This seems super hard to find. Before I found an AoU Cap for a price I was willing to pay for, I saw one that didn't have the shield so I tried searching to see how much just the shield would be and I had a hell of a time looking for one.

Speaking of of which, I should be getting my Cap tomorrow. This will be my first Hot Toy so I'm looking forward to it.

:clap

I got my Hot Toys Captain America figure and I have to say, it's a very cool figure. The attention to detail is crazy and the magnetic shield makes it way easier to pose with the shield. The biggest problem I have is with changing hands. It's probably because it's new but it's difficult to push the hands into the wrist pegs and have it snap in to place. Taking the tool it came with and making the holes in the hands bigger seems to help. I heard that the poseability of this figure isn't as good as the Civil War version and I could see what they mean. I was able to get some cool poses though.

36207738356_1bca01c4fd_b.jpg

36081561052_c87c0d8e41_b.jpg

I got my Hot Toys Captain America figure and I have to say, it's a very cool figure. The attention to detail is crazy and the magnetic shield makes it way easier to pose with the shield. The biggest problem I have is with changing hands. It's probably because it's new but it's difficult to push the hands into the wrist pegs and have it snap in to place. Taking the tool it came with and making the holes in the hands bigger seems to help. I heard that the poseability of this figure isn't as good as the Civil War version and I could see what they mean. I was able to get some cool poses though.

36207738356_1bca01c4fd_b.jpg

Just use a hair dryer in the future, makes the plastic softer and they should just pop right on and off.

The biggest problem I have is with changing hands. It's probably because it's new but it's difficult to push the hands into the wrist pegs and have it snap in to place. Taking the tool it came with and making the holes in the hands bigger seems to help.

Congrats, it's probably the best looking HT Cap so far In my opinion. By the way, I'm stealing that pose :yess:

The problem with swapping hands isn't so much the peg hole size, but widening them can help, it's that the hands have the gloves integrated. The peg hole is deep inside the gloves and the fabric on the arms can make swapping them a PITA.

Just use a hair dryer in the future, makes the plastic softer and they should just pop right on and off.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be giving that a try.

Congrats, it's probably the best looking HT Cap so far In my opinion. By the way, I'm stealing that pose :yess:

The problem with swapping hands isn't so much the peg hole size, but widening them can help, it's that the hands have the gloves integrated. The peg hole is deep inside the gloves and the fabric on the arms can make swapping them a PITA.

I take that as a compliment! Posing the legs heroically seems to be the hardest thing for me to figure out. :lol

That makes a lot of sense. I'm definitely going to try widening them because it is a bit of a chore to get the hands on him at the moment

Thanks for the tip, I'll be giving that a try.

I take that as a compliment! Posing the legs heroically seems to be the hardest thing for me to figure out. :lol

That makes a lot of sense. I'm definitely going to try widening them because it is a bit of a chore to get the hands on him at the moment

As well you should! I steal poses all the time and always try to let the person know because it is a compliment!

Oh and heating up the hands and widening the gloves will help. I think a regular sharpie is the best to use, if I remember correctly. You'll want to heat up each hand/glove then use the plastic end of the sharpie to widen the inside. Once you feel the end of the sharpie going to the end, run it under cold water to keep the shape.

I'm pretty sure this is what myself and others did to widen the gloves.

I'm going to give this a shot today. Would hot water also do the trick or is that not hot enough? I'm kind of scared of taking a hair dryer to the gloves. LOL

Posing the legs heroically seems to be the hardest thing for me to figure out. :lol

Nice pose.

When posing, and struggling to get it right.....I often mimic what I'm trying to accomplish in a mirror. It often clues you in to what the human body looks like in a given situation. (i.e. if you're 'dodging bullets :) )

Looks good :hi5:

Nice pose.

When posing, and struggling to get it right.....I often mimic what I'm trying to accomplish in a mirror. It often clues you in to what the human body looks like in a given situation. (i.e. if you're 'dodging bullets :) )

Looks good :hi5:

Thanks, that's a good tip. I need to get a dynamic stand to hold Cap up. The stand that was provided did a good enough job, but I could see it eventually giving way one day and I'd be horrified at the thought of the figure taking damage from falling off my shelf. It's perfectly fine with normal stances, but it gets less stable when you are putting legs in in the air.

Thanks, that's a good tip. I need to get a dynamic stand to hold Cap up. The stand that was provided did a good enough job, but I could see it eventually giving way one day and I'd be horrified at the thought of the figure taking damage from falling off my shelf. It's perfectly fine with normal stances, but it gets less stable when you are putting legs in in the air.

Hit up Set Stoneberger on FB or check out Stoney's Stands. He can make anything from individual acrylic stands for single figures to full replaceable detolf selves with diorama setups on top, bottom, sides using a multitude of materials.

Hit up Set Stoneberger on FB or check out Stoney's Stands. He can make anything from individual acrylic stands for single figures to full replaceable detolf selves with diorama setups on top, bottom, sides using a multitude of materials.

Oh wow, those are great! Any idea where I could buy just waist grabbers? It says he doesn't provide them and it seems like there's probably a better way to get them than to buy a stand that comes with one.

I was hoping to find just the waist grabber but I don't see those sold separately anywhere so I'll have to grab one with the stand. Thanks for the link. :)

I've been very happy with this figure so far and was able to find Winter Soldier new for a very good price so I picked him up as well. I ended up getting some Detolf cabinets to display my new Hot Toys figures as well as older stuff I collected in the past. Bought some LED strips, weather stripping, and pimped out my cabinets. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

35706117753_6dc1a68be8_c.jpg

EDIT: I took some pics with him. I'll post them for fun. :)

36395257751_3d9a578686_b.jpg

36118376220_731cd839c2_c.jpg

Nice shelves. The lights look great and I love that they aren't overcrowded. I bought weather stripping like a month ago and still haven't put it in... I'm so lazy... I've got Doctor Strange on the way. Maybe that will motivate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

That room in particular gets very dusty so I knew I had to do it sooner than later. I figured doing it alongside the lighting was as good a time as any.

My cases are in my basement. Got evicted from my office when my first son came along so yeah, dust is a problem for me too... Soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I situated my detolfs now that I have everything I wan to display and this will probably be how I keep Cap posed for a good while.

It's a pose linked to earlier in this thread, but this is it's final form. :p

36488178652_d708170abb_o.png

Looks nice.

My detolfs get dusty easily as well, so I usually take all the figures out roughly once every 2-3 months and individually dust each one with the dust-off compressed gas spray duster cans, as well as cleaning out the detolfs by dusting them out and cleaning the glass.

Back