1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man he looks great. He's as big or bigger then hulk. Impressive presence...

:lol:lol:lol That must have been a letdown for you.

Not impressed. I was honestly thinking of getting this now over a TFA two pack since I just completed my GOTG team.... but not now. I can wait a few years for a better version. I am sure next year this will be 20% off from PC. If there AUD stays at its present value... this guy will be around $300 shipped. Maybe even a discount from BBTS in an email only deal or maybe SSC will have free shipping and triple rewards. To much money for a figure that has a total of one minute of screen time, limited accessories/movement, and a guaranteed better version with the prominent accessory down the line. Also, this seems to be a good bet it won't sell out at all within the next year. Everyone here thought Maria Hill would be gone in a week.... still up and basically half the price.

It's Hot Toys we're talking about, a dead eyed, emotionless, somber face is kinda their thing (with a few minor exceptions).

Too bad, he lacks personality. Even Hasbro can make him smiling. Still, there's something cool about a 1/6 movie Thanos. I never thought there would be such a thing growing up.

Well there's still atleast two more appearances for him. Hell, they might have already attempted a smiling sculpt that's yet to be seen.

Impressive piece, but I'm not sold. I do like the throne, but that's definitely not enough to persuade me to buy him now. Give me a smiling headsculpt and the infinity gauntlet, and it's an instant purchase. I understand he doesn't have the gauntlet during GOTG. That's why I don't mind waiting for Infinty Wars Thanos to be released in a few years.

Hulk is an oversized figure anyway though.

Thanos was never Hulk sized in the comics, he's listed as 6'7. He's buff as all get out but not 10 feet tall. Looks like they didn't make him gigantic for the movies either.

409f782feb6c14a1f6cfadcb170db4e2.jpg

Which is why I wish the movies went with his ultimate 1610 counterpart height where he is listed as 8'3". It never felt right to me seeing Thanos be shorter than Hulk.

Not impressed. I was honestly thinking of getting this now over a TFA two pack since I just completed my GOTG team.... but not now. I can wait a few years for a better version. I am sure next year this will be 20% off from PC. If there AUD stays at its present value... this guy will be around $300 shipped. Maybe even a discount from BBTS in an email only deal or maybe SSC will have free shipping and triple rewards. To much money for a figure that has a total of one minute of screen time, limited accessories/movement, and a guaranteed better version with the prominent accessory down the line. Also, this seems to be a good bet it won't sell out at all within the next year. Everyone here thought Maria Hill would be gone in a week.... still up and basically half the price.

Yea I was told he was nearly as big as hulk. And then shown that pic. But I think he meant bulk wise not height. Or maybe he was just messing with me. Either way...

I still think he looks great. He's not perfect..but few things ever are. I like it.

Thought this would be my pick till the Hulkbusters showed up. Now I'm going to wait for this to be dethroned, and where the heck is Nebula, the best character from the movies?

3PDcoFUbzI_zps7onkipas.jpg

___

Average size, boring design, barebones set and zero expression on the face...
Not a $400+ figure for sure. Obvious cashgrab is obvious.

Here's hope MS will fix his design for IW and HT will make a better and fairly priced figure.

That picture doesn't look right. Hulk should only be about 1.5" taller approximately. This makes it look like he's 3+" inches.

That's a cool-looking pic but it's hard to tell exactly how high Thanos is because the two figures aren't back to back. Aren't the HT Hulks about 18 inches tall? Going by that pic with Nick Fury, maybe Thanos is only about 14 inches high. :dunno

Your antiperspirants BORE me!!!!

:lol

Hulk is taller then hot toys listed. He was listed at 16inches at one point I think. And he's closer to 18. So in 1/1 he would be between 9-10ft tall. Thanos is being reported at 15 inches. So like 7.5-8ft tall. That seems pretty close to the listed heights from the film for him. Hulks just a bit bigger then listed. I don't recall thanos being depicted in any medium over 8 ft tall. I'm sure there's one comic where it's done. There's always some story that does it. I remember superman being like 20 ft tall after he absorbed to much solar radiation in the 90s after his death and return. Joker being like 7 foot something once. Hulk being 12 foot tall. Thor being 9. But the main story continuity I can't recall thanos being that tall. He's much taller then most humans. But you gotta remember at this scale 1 inch is roughly a foot at 1/1. Doesn't take much difference in height in the figures to reflect large differences in 1/1.

Hulk was 15 feet tall in the Ang Lee movie.

Thanos should be at least a head taller than Thor in the movies, hopefully. I'm happy with a 7 foot height, bigger than everyone but the Hulk. In Justice League War, Darkseid was like 20+ feet tall, it looked ridiculous.

I'm glad it seems he can fit on a detolf shelf. Gonna have him behind Winter Soldier and Loki, with Magneto in front.

Where is the half price Maria Hill?

Back