1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are indeed articulated
Nvm, thought this was the infinity war thread. No clue if those are possible

Did anybody get their Mighty Glove? Any luck with attaching it to Thanos?

welp, Had I remembered that I pre-ordered a year ago I probably would have cancelled. But after I got the shipping notification, I figured I'd give this a try.

The first obvious thing to note is the paint job and the non articulated fingers. The second thing, the elbow joint, is just blue plastic. They didn't even consider at least trying to paint match the main figure.

Batteries are not included, however, the standard batteries that come with any Iron Man figure will suffice. The switch is easy to find inside the glove (not pictured, sorry) One thing to note is that the lights are plenty bright enough, however, the wiring may not be well put together as I had to keep tapping the glove to light back up with the switch on.

Now, the scary part... Removing Thanos' arm was surprisingly easy as well as the elbow joint as well. I just took a little muscle, no damage to the figure it self. The ToysEra elbow joint fit very loose inside the hot toys arm ( see pic). And the way that the mighty glove fits on the provided elbow lends absolutly no rotation options. The joint is so loose that any pose I tried other than the ones pictured, the arm would spin downward.

All in All, I would not recommend this. I did paint gold over some of the non-gold parts of the mighty glove, and that was an improvement. If anything, the glove could make a decent prop that you could use in the background.

IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2215.jpg
IMG_2217.jpg
IMG_2216.jpg
IMG_2218.jpg

Thanos-HT.JPGI cut the glove off a Infinity War Titan Figure and simply attached it with some putty as not to alter the figure. With a bit paint to match I think this will be a excellent affordable alternative.

Wow Jayden. Even without paint that looks boss!

I like that lighting with the shadow over his eyes too. It makes Thanos look more 616 and less MCU.

Hello!! I got this Thanos in an Ebay auction not long time ago. It was the figure only without the throne. I want to make it and I would really appreciate if someone here who has it could measure it for me. I would need the measurements of each piece to replicate it in the best way possible. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Hi everyone.
Has anyone tried to attach an original Hot Toys 1/6 Infinity War Endgame glove to this figure? Any pictures of the results?
Should I assume that the armor on this figure cannot be removed?
Thanks,
m.

Hi everyone.
Has anyone tried to attach an original Hot Toys 1/6 Infinity War Endgame glove to this figure? Any pictures of the results?
Should I assume that the armor on this figure cannot be removed?
Thanks,
m.

I don?t think the glove from either of the new Thanos figures will fit on the GOTG version for a few reasons:

1) The Infinity War and Endgame figures are much larger than the GOTG version

2) The forearm armor on the GOTG version does not come off.

But don?t despair, I think a third party company (Toyz Era I believe) produced a glove to fit the GOTG Thanos. Instead of fitting on the hand I think it is designed to swap out with the whole forearm piece.

I don?t think the glove from either of the new Thanos figures will fit on the GOTG version for a few reasons:

1) The Infinity War and Endgame figures are much larger than the GOTG version

2) The forearm armor on the GOTG version does not come off.

But don?t despair, I think a third party company (Toyz Era I believe) produced a glove to fit the GOTG Thanos. Instead of fitting on the hand I think it is designed to swap out with the whole forearm piece.

I dont think that glove from toys era turned out very well though, it ended up being more yellow than gold and I dont think the fingers could move. It was on order for maybe a year and was a bit of a letdown. Search for mighty glove and you should find it between 40 and 50 bucks.

I dont think that glove from toys era turned out very well though, it ended up being more yellow than gold and I dont think the fingers could move. It was on order for maybe a year and was a bit of a letdown. Search for mighty glove and you should find it between 40 and 50 bucks.

Oh no, I’m sorry to learn that the glove wasn’t as expected. I had thought about purchasing one for my GOTG Thanos for quite a while. Ultimately I didn’t buy the glove because I ended up ordering the Endgame Thanos figure (which is magnificent) so I was fine with leaving my GOTG version as is

Back